Ratings for Maryanne Strindberg

Having "therapy" with Maryanne was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. She never listened to me and talked about herself all the time. All she did was push medication and refused to see me when I exerted my patient's rights and refused them. She said I would never get better without them. Well, 2 years later and with a new therapist I am medication free and doing fine.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

The worst experience I have ever had with a health care professional. Told me about other patients and their issues and way too much about her personal life.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Seeing Maryanne was the worst experience with a health care professional that I have ever had. Totally unprofessional. She talked about patients by name in the hallways and at the nurses station. In fact. during our sessions she told me about other patients she was seeing and their issues. She had no respect for patient's rights or HIPAA. She routinely violated my patient's rights instructing staff (saw my medical records after I left the facility) to get me up at a certain time and to keep me up for 6 hours. Patient's rights says "Patient has the right to set their own schedule." She also wrote that I would be compliant with taking my meds. Patients rights says "Patient has the right to refuse medication." Bad enough that she did this but even worse is that nursing home staff followed her instructions without questioning. A sad commentary when an entire nursing home staff either has no knowledge of patient's right or no interest in implementing them. Because of the way I was treated by Maryanne I have trust issues with mental health professionals.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I saw Mary Anne when I was a patient in a nursing home. I have had depression and anxiety for several years and have seen other therapists. I never had a therapist tell me so much about their personal life. Every time I saw she told about she and her first husband having a restaurant at the Cape, they didn't make any money it put a strain on the marriage. She said she went back to school to be a nurse after the divorce because her second husband encouraged her. She also talked about her childhood and issues she had with her father and siblings. I was barely able to talk. Every other therapist I have seen has done a treatment plan where we set goals, a time line and discussed the progress at each session. Guess she was too busy talking about herself to actually do a treatment plan and help me. Worst therapist I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

So caring and helpful. I would definitely recommend her

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

A terrible experience. Does not listen and has her own agenda. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

A terrible experience. I was overmedicated and totally disrespected. Most of the time I saw her all she did was talk about herself. Saw her for 8 mos. and she couldn't even spell my name right!! She breeched confidentiality by telling me about other patients and by talking about patients by name in the hallways and at the nurses station. Extremely unethical and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014