Ratings for Dr. Allen N. Tesser

I had been a patient of Dr. Tesser for nearly 20 years. I'm not sure what personal issues he experienced, but his level of care and accuracy gradually started to diminish over several years. He actually missed several precancerous spots on my face during regular skin checks, and unfortunately the spots progressed, requiring expensive and minimally disfiguring surgery. I believe he has since retired. He was a good doctor in his prime, but likely stayed on practicing longer than he should have. The reason for posting here is to educate others to speak up when you feel something isn't right, even if you've had a long-term relationship with your doctor. They are people too, and may not be as good years down the road as they once were. Don't be afraid to change doctors no matter how long your relationship has been. It was easier to ignore my suspicions and go along with a doctor I had seen for years, than to do some research and get a second opinion. I paid for not trusting my instincts.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

The best dermatologist I have ever been to. He was very knowledgeable about my condition. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

I've been going to Dr. Tesser for over 25 years and wouldn't go to another dermatologist is someone paid me. He's a wonderful doctor and person.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

He was a very friendly and knowledgable doctor. He took the time to sit and discuss my condition with me and also went over the methods for treatment with me. My condition was better in a few days and completely gone in two weekss. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a good dermatologist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2006

This guy had no clue what was going on with my skin condition. It turned out to be a simple and common allergy. I spent hundreds of dollars on medications that did nothing. I also felt the exam was inappropriate. I felt the good doc was quite pompous too.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

Dr. Allen N. Tesser's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1974)

Eyemed Vision Care
Preferred One
Superior Vision
Ucare
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)

Top Hospitals in Sterling Heights, MI