Ratings for Dr. Victor Lao

Doc changed my life!! Most compassionate doctor I've ever met. He is strict, but those of us with addiction need structure! A real champion for sobriety and a great resource for continued recovery

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

hes a great dealer! i mean doctor. there are serpents over a chalice for a reason. make a good prison doctor for sure. him or a vending machine not much difference .

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Don't know what the bad reviews below are but if you can't speak English or spell simple words properly, I wouldn't write a review. Reading the reviews were like reading a story a 4 year old wrote. I was with Dr.Lao for a few years and I was taking suboxone. He's a great doctor and extremely caring, helpful and professional. I have nothing bad to say. He changed my life for the better. Jewelia

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

He is an amazing Doctor, so great that I travel 3 hours every week just to go see him through rain or snow or shine ! There is a oac in my town but they are not inviting, supportive , approachable, kind they do not seem to give two sh&@s about anyone but the Hamilton addiction clinic I do attend with dr Lao is incredible. Nurses know everyone by name they know what you're taking, they know your specifics you're not a number ... The nurses at the thornhill clinic that dr. Lao attends that's a different story .... C&@T is what I refer to as the main nurse there ..... Had almost relasped a few times because of her ... There was a wicked storm in my county I couldn't get to the pharmacy I had called the Scarborough clinic to ask a script be sent to a closer pharmacy because the roads were closed even the phmaracy left several messages and no one got back to me or the pharmacy .... No excuses they did not have shi$&y weather that day, just pure laziness bulls&$t ..... Go to Hamilton if you can... See this doctor !!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I have been with him for a while if you want any help more then your re-fill and need ANY HELP your out of luck here this men pretends to be a "by the book" doctor but when it's no suitable he has broken rules and done things to get me out many times. The 1 time I wanted help he left me out to dry. He never wanted me to "stop" methadone even so I did stop do to many stupid mistakes made by him and his team that almost cost me my job "over and over" he dose not want what is best for you he wants your money and not to be in convinced by you or your issues!!! Guess what though WE ARE HUMAN NOT A FREAKING NUMBER!! Find another persone you will see the difference!!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

He's the most compassionate and comprehensive doctor I've ever met in the Addiction medicine practice

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

He is a great doctor. If u dont try to play games with him then u wont have any problems. I have found him to be above and beyond what is expected. Very kind and personnable. His staff are wonderful. Kind and considerate. They are concerned with mine and my families well being. He has been my doctor for at least a couple years in hamilton. Anyone who has givien him any less of a great rating was probably just upset that they didnt get away with untolerable behaviour or crap. And he is professional but personable. Least amount of waiting in waiting room ive ever experienced.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Very "by the book". Will not comprimise with patients. Excellent nurses. Very thorough. Almost cold interactions between him and his patients.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

can be very nice.regrettably he can be very rigid also.obedience is not medicine.punishment is not medicine.he likes to hide behind the "book" of rules.as tho there was a monitor standing behind and noting his every move,THERE IS NOT a monitor he can pretty much do as he wants ,like a cop that pulls you over,HE is judge,jury and prosecutor.don't think honesty will cut you any slack with him.keep a good front.if he is knowledgeable he dosen't exert himself imparting any knowledge to you. so it is hard to tell if he is a knowledgeable physician or not. he can be nice ,but don't make the mistake of opening yourself up.keep smiling...he'd be a great prison doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Awesome Doctor.. Been with Dr.Lao for a couple months now. Knowledgeable in all aspects of addiction medicine. Helped me get my life back

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012