Ratings for Dr. Ajay Manjoo

This doctor took his time to explain my MRI's to me and I appreciated that very much. but after spending 4400 dollars on braces and medications for injections, the doctor didn't explain how painful they could be or the side effects the next few days following, no follow up sheet what to expect. and told me since I was upset after the first injection, he might wait to do the second knee another time. with 1000. dollars I spent to purchased the medication and waiting months to see a specialist I felt embarrassed and asked for a few minutes. to collect myself so I could have the other knee done and over. I couldn't walk for 2 day and the pain was horrendous. No warning, that this could happen or follow up sheet leaving the hospital.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Helped me with good explanation and suggestions, patients and politeness!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Have not personally had any meeting with Dr. Manjoo as he has rescheduled my appointments multiple times and his office does not have the courtesy of informing me that my appointments have been changed. This led me to take a day off work and when I arrived at his office, I was informed that he had rescheduled. Would not recommend this surgeon to anyone because of his lack of consideration for other people's time, despite his merit as a physician.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Try to actually meet DR.AJAY MANJOO is impossible. First appointment FEBRUARY 6, 2018 arrived 15 minutes early sat waiting for appointment then notified by his unfriendly female staff that he was leaving and if I wanted to see him I could go to Joseph Brant Hospital and wait there. I declined this lovely offer and wished that I had been notified of this situation prior to leaving work. Was provided new date and time of February 20, 2018 at 10:15am. On 16 February 2018 received a letter in mail cancelling the appointment but re- scheduled for 13 March 2018 at 2:30pm. Received a call from receptionist at 1:15pm cancelling appointment for the 13 March 2018. Was suggested that I call office to reschedule appointment. At this point I contacted my Family Doctor and provided this information my Family Doctor offered apology for the "treatment" I had received from Dr. Ajay Manjoo. I requested a new referral and explained that I would rather wait 6-8 months for a Professional Doctor then go back to Dr. Ajay Manjoo.

Submitted March 15, 2018

Trying to get an appointment with him was even more painful than my foot pain. If you can go to another doctor, I strongly recommend doing so. He cancelled my appointment while I was in the office waiting for him and was not apologetic. Right before he rushed out of the room (after talking to me for under a minute) I asked him if I should get an x-ray done of my back because I have scoliosis. He told me no because he doesn't deal with back pain, only to find out from another doctor (and also googling my symptoms as I felt like I'd never be seen) that both problems are connected. I find it hard to rate him because he may be a very good doctor if he sees you but the process of making an appointment was unbearable and his receptionists and him made me feel like they were doing me a high favour by making the time for me. He is very disorganized, to the point that I would not of felt comfortable having him be in charge of my care.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Very officious. Very good but a cold fish. He is knowledgeable but Kurt.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

1st intro appointment went reasonably well. Bunion surgery was booked and completed with f/u appointments. Pain control was 1st rate. However, as the healing process progressed and as I began to use the foot again, the pain was as bad as before the procedure. He diagnosed the cause as a screw that was too long and needed to be either removed or replaced with a shorter one —how does that happen? 1st redo attempt was cancelled at the OR door because of careless handling of the ONE kit in the entire hospital that contained the necessary screws etc for the procedure. They all apologized and he rebooked the following week “bumping a patient I don’t like” to let me in asap. The 2nd attempt went as planned although I woke up in recovery with a cast on my foot and instructions of no weight for 6 weeks! That was news to me. Since when can procedures be done more extensively than described without full up front discussion beforehand. I was not told about a cast. I was not told I’d be off the foot for another 6 weeks (over Christmas) To top it off, the tip of the original screw broke off and was left in my foot! I will let you determine the professionalism of this surgeon but it certainly falls short of my expectations and of any experiences I’ve had with orthopedic surgeons before. He does not represent the specialty or his profession well.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Ajay made me feel uncomfortable as he wasn't approachable and didn't instil well-being and genuine interest in my discomfort. He seemed rushed, provided no explanation, instead rolling his eyes while handing me a brochure. BAD FIRST IMPRESSION.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

In a nutshell... he dropped me as his patient. He said "due to patient/doctor lack of trust". In reality... it's due to his office staff's incompetance and his "I'm better then you" attitude. His puncuality sux too. To give him some credit... 3 years ago his assessment (second opinion) and recommendation for my non-healing ankle fracture of ultrasound therapy did eventually lead to its healing (he did nothing hands on but get xrays and write a script for the machine). This time it was my knees. An MRI confirmed my right knee has torn meniscus. However my left knee is even more bothersome and painful, yet even after I told him this and asked for an MRI of it as well, he refused and kept stating the issue is due to arthritis. My family doc decided to refer me for left knee MRI to rule it out. Guess what??? It too has meniscus tears!!! So me and my hubby went back after this latest MRI to see Manjoo on Oct. 31. Was told then I was on surgery list... going to do my left knee first and that they'd call me with a surgery date. Waited. Called his office November 22 and left a voicemail. No call back. Called again November 29 several times before I finally got through... and then every excuse in the book was thrown at me as to why it's been a month I've been waiting for a call, and also why it's been 6 days with no reply to my recent voicemail message. So I'm told his regular receptionist is off on leave. The replacement is working at two doctor offices. And she had to attend a funeral. Whatever. That does not account for, or excuse, 29 days to come and go with me not getting any contact from them. I told them from tbe start that I have two special needs kids whom I need to be available for, and for whom I carefully schedule my own healthcare in. Manjoo actually came on the phone line and advised he's dropping me for reason stated above. Fine. In further consideration, at the visit Oct. 31 he made an unprofessional remark to my husband but at the time I chose to not say anything and so we all laughed it off. So yeah he's probably right... I do no longer trust him - due to his and his staff's terrible manner towards their patients. I advise others... go elsewhere. He's not the god he thinks he is.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Fantastic surgeon, great bedside manner (post opp in hospital, not so much in his office), horrible office waiting room procedures, worse I have seen in any Dr., all comments below are dead on. All staff except front desk lady and especially Dr. Manjoo spend obscene amounts of time shooting the breeze, and forget about it if the patient is female and good looking, all timing is out the window, they could be so much more efficient with little to no effort. I have to stand up for the lady at the front desk, (5 stars) some comments here are a little harsh and really have not much to do with her in my opinion. I think she bares the brunt of the frustration from all of us all day, every day, ya can't blame her, it's her environment. So the short of the long, you're not going there to make a new friend, just get a great quality surgeon, just be prepared to wait possibly a long time while overhearing stories of high end sport cars, vacations, etc., that will make you soooo mad because you know just how inefficient the whole thing is.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017