Ratings for Dr. Ajay Manjoo

Trying to get an appointment with him was even more painful than my foot pain. If you can go to another doctor, I strongly recommend doing so. He cancelled my appointment while I was in the office waiting for him and was not apologetic. Right before he rushed out of the room (after talking to me for under a minute) I asked him if I should get an x-ray done of my back because I have scoliosis. He told me no because he doesn't deal with back pain, only to find out from another doctor (and also googling my symptoms as I felt like I'd never be seen) that both problems are connected. I find it hard to rate him because he may be a very good doctor if he sees you but the process of making an appointment was unbearable and his receptionists and him made me feel like they were doing me a high favour by making the time for me. He is very disorganized, to the point that I would not of felt comfortable having him be in charge of my care.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Very officious. Very good but a cold fish. He is knowledgeable but Kurt.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

1st intro appointment went reasonably well. Bunion surgery was booked and completed with f/u appointments. Pain control was 1st rate. However, as the healing process progressed and as I began to use the foot again, the pain was as bad as before the procedure. He diagnosed the cause as a screw that was too long and needed to be either removed or replaced with a shorter one —how does that happen? 1st redo attempt was cancelled at the OR door because of careless handling of the ONE kit in the entire hospital that contained the necessary screws etc for the procedure. They all apologized and he rebooked the following week “bumping a patient I don’t like” to let me in asap. The 2nd attempt went as planned although I woke up in recovery with a cast on my foot and instructions of no weight for 6 weeks! That was news to me. Since when can procedures be done more extensively than described without full up front discussion beforehand. I was not told about a cast. I was not told I’d be off the foot for another 6 weeks (over Christmas) To top it off, the tip of the original screw broke off and was left in my foot! I will let you determine the professionalism of this surgeon but it certainly falls short of my expectations and of any experiences I’ve had with orthopedic surgeons before. He does not represent the specialty or his profession well.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

Ajay made me feel uncomfortable as he wasn't approachable and didn't instil well-being and genuine interest in my discomfort. He seemed rushed, provided no explanation, instead rolling his eyes while handing me a brochure. BAD FIRST IMPRESSION.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

In a nutshell... he dropped me as his patient. He said "due to patient/doctor lack of trust". In reality... it's due to his office staff's incompetance and his "I'm better then you" attitude. His puncuality sux too. To give him some credit... 3 years ago his assessment (second opinion) and recommendation for my non-healing ankle fracture of ultrasound therapy did eventually lead to its healing (he did nothing hands on but get xrays and write a script for the machine). This time it was my knees. An MRI confirmed my right knee has torn meniscus. However my left knee is even more bothersome and painful, yet even after I told him this and asked for an MRI of it as well, he refused and kept stating the issue is due to arthritis. My family doc decided to refer me for left knee MRI to rule it out. Guess what??? It too has meniscus tears!!! So me and my hubby went back after this latest MRI to see Manjoo on Oct. 31. Was told then I was on surgery list... going to do my left knee first and that they'd call me with a surgery date. Waited. Called his office November 22 and left a voicemail. No call back. Called again November 29 several times before I finally got through... and then every excuse in the book was thrown at me as to why it's been a month I've been waiting for a call, and also why it's been 6 days with no reply to my recent voicemail message. So I'm told his regular receptionist is off on leave. The replacement is working at two doctor offices. And she had to attend a funeral. Whatever. That does not account for, or excuse, 29 days to come and go with me not getting any contact from them. I told them from tbe start that I have two special needs kids whom I need to be available for, and for whom I carefully schedule my own healthcare in. Manjoo actually came on the phone line and advised he's dropping me for reason stated above. Fine. In further consideration, at the visit Oct. 31 he made an unprofessional remark to my husband but at the time I chose to not say anything and so we all laughed it off. So yeah he's probably right... I do no longer trust him - due to his and his staff's terrible manner towards their patients. I advise others... go elsewhere. He's not the god he thinks he is.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Fantastic surgeon, great bedside manner (post opp in hospital, not so much in his office), horrible office waiting room procedures, worse I have seen in any Dr., all comments below are dead on. All staff except front desk lady and especially Dr. Manjoo spend obscene amounts of time shooting the breeze, and forget about it if the patient is female and good looking, all timing is out the window, they could be so much more efficient with little to no effort. I have to stand up for the lady at the front desk, (5 stars) some comments here are a little harsh and really have not much to do with her in my opinion. I think she bares the brunt of the frustration from all of us all day, every day, ya can't blame her, it's her environment. So the short of the long, you're not going there to make a new friend, just get a great quality surgeon, just be prepared to wait possibly a long time while overhearing stories of high end sport cars, vacations, etc., that will make you soooo mad because you know just how inefficient the whole thing is.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr Manjoo was honest about my husband's prognosis for amputation and was thorough on choices and prognosis and procedure. He completed surgery as described. Was very supportive and cognizant that this was all new to us and a huge shock. We found him personable , efficient, honest and thorough and an excellent surgeon. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This doctor is extremely rude and very uncaring. He makes you feel that you are bothering him. He has no bedside manner and very unfriendly. Not sure if his work is any good. Would not refer anyone to him. He needs to take a course on Customer Service and Care

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Waited for 3 hours in waiting room to see this doctor . Staff are rude and he is even more rude . Don't waste your time with this doctor . I had an orthopedic doctor years ago that sadly retired. I'm still looking for a surgeon to deal with current issue - this is NOT the doctor . I would not trust this doctor for surgery .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Very disappointed. Unorganized staff, didn't return my calls, lost my appointment. When I finally saw Dr Manjoo he seemed very uninterested in helping me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017