Ratings for Dr. Ajay Manjoo

In a nutshell... he dropped me as his patient. He said "due to patient/doctor lack of trust". In reality... it's due to his office staff's incompetance and his "I'm better then you" attitude. His puncuality sux too. To give him some credit... 3 years ago his assessment (second opinion) and recommendation for my non-healing ankle fracture of ultrasound therapy did eventually lead to its healing (he did nothing hands on but get xrays and write a script for the machine). This time it was my knees. An MRI confirmed my right knee has torn meniscus. However my left knee is even more bothersome and painful, yet even after I told him this and asked for an MRI of it as well, he refused and kept stating the issue is due to arthritis. My family doc decided to refer me for left knee MRI to rule it out. Guess what??? It too has meniscus tears!!! So me and my hubby went back after this latest MRI to see Manjoo on Oct. 31. Was told then I was on surgery list... going to do my left knee first and that they'd call me with a surgery date. Waited. Called his office November 22 and left a voicemail. No call back. Called again November 29 several times before I finally got through... and then every excuse in the book was thrown at me as to why it's been a month I've been waiting for a call, and also why it's been 6 days with no reply to my recent voicemail message. So I'm told his regular receptionist is off on leave. The replacement is working at two doctor offices. And she had to attend a funeral. Whatever. That does not account for, or excuse, 29 days to come and go with me not getting any contact from them. I told them from tbe start that I have two special needs kids whom I need to be available for, and for whom I carefully schedule my own healthcare in. Manjoo actually came on the phone line and advised he's dropping me for reason stated above. Fine. In further consideration, at the visit Oct. 31 he made an unprofessional remark to my husband but at the time I chose to not say anything and so we all laughed it off. So yeah he's probably right... I do no longer trust him - due to his and his staff's terrible manner towards their patients. I advise others... go elsewhere. He's not the god he thinks he is.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Fantastic surgeon, great bedside manner (post opp in hospital, not so much in his office), horrible office waiting room procedures, worse I have seen in any Dr., all comments below are dead on. All staff except front desk lady and especially Dr. Manjoo spend obscene amounts of time shooting the breeze, and forget about it if the patient is female and good looking, all timing is out the window, they could be so much more efficient with little to no effort. I have to stand up for the lady at the front desk, (5 stars) some comments here are a little harsh and really have not much to do with her in my opinion. I think she bares the brunt of the frustration from all of us all day, every day, ya can't blame her, it's her environment. So the short of the long, you're not going there to make a new friend, just get a great quality surgeon, just be prepared to wait possibly a long time while overhearing stories of high end sport cars, vacations, etc., that will make you soooo mad because you know just how inefficient the whole thing is.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr Manjoo was honest about my husband's prognosis for amputation and was thorough on choices and prognosis and procedure. He completed surgery as described. Was very supportive and cognizant that this was all new to us and a huge shock. We found him personable , efficient, honest and thorough and an excellent surgeon. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This doctor is extremely rude and very uncaring. He makes you feel that you are bothering him. He has no bedside manner and very unfriendly. Not sure if his work is any good. Would not refer anyone to him. He needs to take a course on Customer Service and Care

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Waited for 3 hours in waiting room to see this doctor . Staff are rude and he is even more rude . Don't waste your time with this doctor . I had an orthopedic doctor years ago that sadly retired. I'm still looking for a surgeon to deal with current issue - this is NOT the doctor . I would not trust this doctor for surgery .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Very disappointed. Unorganized staff, didn't return my calls, lost my appointment. When I finally saw Dr Manjoo he seemed very uninterested in helping me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Very knowledgeable. Listens to the patient. Nice to talk Suren

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I had a very rare injury to my lower leg that didn't show up in imaging but was a very noticable and sizable lump, I saw 2 orthopedic surgeons that said they couldn't help me because they have never seen or heard of anything like it. I then went to Dr. Manjoo and he also never saw it before but instead of turning me down he said he was interested and would do further research about it. He ended up solving what it was and how it was caused. Now, I had the surgery done and can finally run again.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Worst experience the lady who calls you or the staff at the desk is horrible. very rude on the telephone and would not clarify and questions that were asked. Even at one point I had to call back because the super rude lady on the phone hung up on me 3 times when I was put on hold to reschedule. Also I booked a appointment with DR. Manjoo and it was scheduled for 1 YEAR after I injured my ankle a 1 whole year that is unbelievable. To anyone that is trying to get their injury fixed I very strongly do not recommend this office look into different avenues! The experience people are getting according to the comments are not pleasant as well.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

DR. Manjoo went above and beyond for my emergency surgery, personally called my Daughter when surgery was done, late on a Saturday nite. I feel that even though my injury was not a scheduled surgery Dr. Manjoo explained everything very well and took my feelings into account and did the least invasive surgery for the issue

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016