Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Porteus

This is one of the meanest unprofessional dentist I know. He performed surgery, cutting my gums back and left the bone exposed on my teeth, leaving me with wide gaps and my teeth now resemble those of a canine. I used to get compliments on my smile now I hide it. I am now saving money to have veneers done by another doctor in the area, who also told me that Dr Porteus was not licensed to perform that kind of surgery. The staff received low ratings because they stood by while he did this, knowing that he was wrong and did nothing. I believe he did this as revenge. Years ago as a teen 14, I had braces, during txmt the dr who started the service retired, my mother had finished paying the monthly installments to the dr that retired 5500 alltogether however, my txmt was not complete, the new dr that took over charged my mother another 500 to finish my txmt. I ended up missing 2 more appts and he told my mother she would have to pay more. My mom refused to pay more so he removed the braces.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011