Ratings for Dr. Thomas B. Hoag

Dr Hoag had been my physician since 2010. He listens to my concerns and takes action in ordering tests or referring me to just specialists. He is friendly and empathic.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Hoag does not do well with women...condescending, arrogant

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I just met him today but he seems responsible articulate and knowledgable. His staff efficient and friendly. all in all I say I have found my P.C.P.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Strong communications skills, direct and straightforward. Not just a pill- pusher, he considers my complete profile. Fifth doctor I have tried since moving to the area and the best by far.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

more interested in talking with his staff than his patients. Of course I only saw him during his last three months with Sentara Medical Group but the impression I got from him was "I'm on my way out so who cares." I was never even informed that he was leaving until I tried to make an appointment only to find out he was gone.

Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Hoag has been our family physician for many years. He is attentive and takes whatever time is needed to get to the bottom of a problem. He involves the patient in their care and offers any available options for treatment. He has been a great blessing to our family.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Hoag has taken care of my family for years. He cares and he will do what it takes to get you better. You can trust him. He uses a lot of different approaches, but doesn't insist on any of them. He believes in letting a patient decide what is best for them.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr Hoag is one of the best doctors i've been to. the waiting times to see him are always reasonable especially for a doctor visit. Dr. Hoag has always been there to help me and my family out in times of bad health and just routine check-ups, he even does house calls for my grandmother. In summary Dr. Hoag is an excellent dr.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr Hoag has always been very helpful, and insightful . He has helped my family countless times. His diagnoses have lead to better decisions about my health. He has never insisted on anything. He pays attention to every detail. Very good to call you back and meet your needs any time of night. It is interesting that he got bad reviews just at the time he is leaving Sentara. I am so glad he will still be in Williamsburg. I was glad to hear his new Office will be as of Oct 1st 5424 Discovery Park Boulevard, Building A Suite 201 Williamsburg VA 23188 (757)345-2071. There will be no problem in accessing my records, nothing will change.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I've never had an issue with Dr. Hoag. He was recommended by a friend and I'm glad. He's at the helm of both my husband's and my medical care. The medical system is broken, but it's not his fault. We see specialists when need be. At any rate, he seeks my opinion and makes suggestions; it's up to me to take those suggestions or not. The paleo issue has worked out for me. It's not for everyone. Nothing negative to add. He's been great for my husband and for me.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Thomas B. Hoag's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Kaiser-Permanente