Ratings for Dr. Husameddin A Alshgagi

He sends you for testing for every little thing and doesn't get back to you with the results. At most he has spent 2 minutes in the room and doesn't say much or ask questions.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

New Dr. Alashgagi April 28, 2012 when he was in the westend clinic located in Walmart. I was told by a friend Dr. Alashgagi was taking on new patients and he seemed to be okay. Started losing my confidence with him when I found out I needed to get back onto my high cholesterol pill. He would not put me back on Ezetrol the one I had been on for years and had no problems with it. He prescribed Crestor and was told Ezetrol was only used as just an add on with any high cholesterol pills. Dr. Damant told me I didn’t get off them fast enough as now I have a lot of Charlie horses in my feet after taking Crestor. Especially when I wake up in the morning. From April 28/12 to Sept 2014 had problems with his prescriptions for my metformin , high blood pressure pills and instructions how to take gout pills. Stopped seeing him Sept 2014 and would NOT recommend him as a doctor. Since I started seeing him I made him aware that I had had a colonoscopy in 2010 and need another one in 3 years. May 3, 2014 Dr. Alashgagi’s nurse said there was some tests I had taken and I did not need to have a colonoscopy. Sept 15, 2014 I get a call from Dr. Alashgagi’s office and I am told I have a meeting appointment to see Dr. Cadili (specialties/surgeon-general) for a colonoscopy. Appointment meeting on Nov 12, 2014 with Dr. Cadili at his office in St. Albert. On December 6 - December 9, 2014 I was in the Royal Alex with infection in the urinary tract, kidney failure and severally dehydrated from all the medications Dr. Alashgagi had me on. June 17, 2015 had a colonoscopy with Dr. Cadili and 9 polyps removed. December 24, 2015 I had a CT Visual with Dr. Cadili. On Dec 31/15 another meeting with Dr. Cadili who referred me to a doctor that deals with colonsocopy’s as he does not. March 15, 2016 another doctor (specialties/gastroenterologist) for a colonoscopy in Ft. Saskatchewan and 7 of 9 polyps were removed. This doctor was also the one that found the TWO large polyps. He sent me to yet another doctor at the U of A who is also a (specialties/gastroenterologist) and he was only able to remove ONE large polyp and scope further into my colon but was unable to get both large polyps. Now, I am waiting to find out when I get the LAST large polyp removed by SURGERY at the Royal Alex!!!! So where did this nurse of Dr. Alashgagi get the idea that I DID NOT need a colonoscopy? Now I am praying that I get the LAST large polyp out before it ends up being cancerous and that it isn’t already after all these delays of having the FIRST colonoscopy from Dr. Alashgagi’s office in 2014!!

Submitted May 24, 2016

My favorite dr closed his office, so I was forced to find a new doctor Asap. Unfortunately I chose the worst doctor, probably even mental. I feel like he is very uneducated and he does no feel with his patients. I was very upset when I came in and was rushed out within 4 minutes of seeing dr A. I would highly reccomend a different family physian.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I find this doctor to know nothing and in that knowledge he will refer you to a specialist every time. He is great for those that want to be in and out with a specialist referral. However have a problem that doesn't require a specialist and I would recommend you go some place else. His bedside manner depends on the day you visit whether it will be good or not. Most of the time I can;t seem to tell if he understands what I am saying. I have actually taken my daughter to him, she was sent out for referral, 3 weeks later I took my daughter to a different doctor and she was treated right there and then. He seems afraid to actually treat a patient, but getting a referral out of him is extremely easy. I personally dislike not being told anything about test results other then they were good or bad then shoved off to a specialist to have to wait to hear what is wrong with me. Recommended to those who love going to specialist for everything, not recommended for those that would like immediate information

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Best Medical Doctor.. Very Qualified and very caring .. all my respect goes to him .. he provides a thorough exam and listens to every detail.. Thanks Doc you are the best !!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I have never met a worse Dr than him. Always rushing through everything, does not seem to know much and shows absolutely no concern for patients issues. His answers are very shallow and he does not seem to have I later found out that he obtained his medical degree from a third world country that issues medical degrees recklessly. I cannot and WILL NOT trust him with my and my family's health concerns and neither should you. Very unprofessional which is very evident when comparing Dr's who graduate in Canada or similar countries vs. countries you can pay money to get your MD which I strongly believe is the case with this Dr. Sad to see Dr's like slip through the Canadian system and risk Canadian's lives.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr A is the most thorough and comprehensive dr I have ever had. it is never difficult to get in to see him and he really takes the time to listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

He came in an looked at my blood test, told me I need to go on a diet to lower my cholesterol, and said everything else was fine. He was in the room for less than 5 minutes (probably closer to 3 minutes). But it turns out my iron levels were so high I needed to get genetic testing and see a hemotologist. So I had to specifically ask him for the genetic testing and then he agreed to it. He was in such a rush, and so dismissive, it is clear to me he didn't care about how I was treated whatsoever. Extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I was dealing with a clinic that would not allow more than 1 item to be taken care of at a time, and I had to make a new appointment for each problem. I was very lucky to discover this doctor when he set up a new practice of his own and was looking for patients. His personal manner with me is wonderful, he is supportive, and inspires me when I need encouragement. He is patient, and doesn't keep me waiting for an appointment when I need to see him urgently and will take me on a walk in. I have a great deal of respect for this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

I am in Edmonton helping my daughter with medical problems and required a doctors help. I was so happy to get an appointment quickly and was aided by pleasant receptionists and then by the Doctor who made me feel at ease to express my problems. He was promp in his suggestions being knowledgeable and kind. A follow-up visit confirmed my feeling I had found a good place to get medical help.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013