Ratings for Dr. Katharine Gillis

I've only had one appointment with her so far, but my experience is quite contrary to the others posted here. I found her astute and thorough. I also found her to be kind and joyful. We won't be meeting again for another few months, but her other staff will be following me bi-weekly. She took the time to explain how this is best use of the time to serve the community, which I understood and agreed with. The staff I have met on her team are phenomenonal and we'll trained. I am very please with the care I am being given...and I have a long history in and out of mental health care with plenty of good, bad, and ugly doctors.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

very career orientated person. more concerned about directing staff than dealing with patients. I think she thinks she has ESP.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Gillis has a lovely manner with patients. She is smiling, warm and welcoming. She also teaches at the University of Ottawa. Once she brought 3 stone-faced medical students into my session with her. I was put on the spot and agreed to let them sit there and would not do so again. It was horrible. She and I make each appointment 6 mos. in advance, so that it fits both her schedule and mine. Yet Dr. Gillis will arbitrarily change the timing to make it fit with some change in her schedule without doing me the courtesy of checking whether it fits MY schedule. It is presented to me as a fait accompli. In my view, this is arrogance. What's more, during our brief sessions, she will answer phone calls and knocks at the door, which I consider very inappropriate. I spoke to her about this and it did not endear me. I conclude, unfortunately, that the warmth Dr. Gillis shows is "professional" and that she does not respect me much as a person or as a professional with a schedule to maintain.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011