Ratings for Dr. Linwood Smith

Dr Smith replaced my VNS for the second time in 8 yrs (avg life for one of these $30,000 implants). Dr Smith is smart and friendly, everything went smooth. I would reccomend Dr Smith to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr Smith saved my father's life by removing a very serious clot from his brain!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

My 17 year old daughter suffered for 2 years from back pain. We saw orthopedics who diagnosed stress fracture and physical therapy. She was released and remained in extreme pain. We were referred to Dr. Smith. He reviewed her x-rays and MRI's and suggested additional rest. She continued to experience pain and he ordered further test which showed a possible congenital problem. He preformed a spinal fusion of the L3 and L4. He did an amazing job. She is now painfree after only 4 weeks out of school. I appreciated his thoughtful manner. He explored every option before doing surgery. Her quality of life has improved due to this surgery.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

After review of a MRI, 3 other MDs and the VA hosp refered me to Palmetto Richland Hosp for surgery. Dr Smith came into my room and told me their was nothing wrong with my back. It was the back of a normal 50 y/o man. when I asked what the source of my sever back and leg pain he stated that some questions "we" just cannot answer and that I need another MRI. He then walked out. I had seen the MRI. The defect was obvious, as was the radiologest report of L5-4 disk pressing on the nerve root. two weeks later I under went emergency surgery to fix the problem. I have been a certified EMT(P) for 30 years and would not take my dog to this MD or into Palmetto Hospital systems.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011