Ratings for Dr. Soroush Khoshroo

I went to Dr. Khoshroo with a terrible back pain and muscle spasm both in my back and my shoulder. I wasn't able to walk, drive and even sit but after seeing Dr. Khoshroo and a few adustments, I feel relief from my pain immediately. My back feels stronger and pain free. I am so grateful to have met Dr. Khoshroo and I cannot speak highly enough about how good he is at his trade. Make an appointment with him if you suffer any pain or discomfort. it will be the greatest decision. He has a magic touch.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I have been living with chronic pain for the last 15 years due to several knee operations and in the last year have also experienced a lot of back and neck pain because of my sedentary lifestyle. I found Soroush through a Google search and given the consistent positive reviews decided to pay him a visit. After just one treatment and much needed spine alignment I felt significantly better. Over the last few months, with routine treatments and at home care, such as stretches and exercises that he prescribed, I very rarely experience back and neck pain anymore. Just recently we started working on loosening the accumulated scar tissue and tense muscles in my operated leg. Although it is not a fun process, I have every confidence that the short term pain will be well worth the long term gain. After just a single sessions I noticed increased mobility and lessened inflammation in my knee, which is more than any physiotherapist, massage therapist or personal trainer has ever done for me. Whenever someone asks me if I know an excellent chiropractor I always tell them to go see Dr. Khoshroo.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I had been having a severe tendonitis for a few months that was making movement of my right arm and shoulder very painful, even when executing simple tasks like turning a door handle. After I started seeing Dr Khoshroo, I saw rapid improvement. I have been to many chiropractors and have always had a decent experience, however Dr K has been by far the best. He helped me solve the biggest problem I had, in a manner that was unexpectedly pleasant. Although our sessions were painful, his sense of humour made them very tolerable. Dr K is professional and ethical, but with great people skills, combination and balance which are very hard to find in one and the same individual.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

About 2 1/2 years ago, I sustained an injury to the back of my head and upper neck, which led to constant/daily headaches, and a reduced range of side to side motion of my head. For just over 2 years i was stubborn and kept telling myself that 'it'll go away' and I did nothing about it. For just over 2 years I woke up with the same headache, and used to pick routes and lanes that would result in the least amount of shoulder checking possible getting from point A to point B, as my range of motion was restricted enough to make shoulder checking while driving really uncomfortable. I had also pretty much stopped riding a motorcycle as putting on and taking off my helmet didn't feel good, shoulder checking was difficult, and just holding my head up in the wind for any time over 15 minutes just wasn't worth the effort anymore. Finally, about 3 months ago I had finally had enough and decided that I needed to try something. After looking into a few different therapies/options, I decided that going to a chiropractor is what I was going to try. Based on Google reviews and a location that was reasonably close to my work, I made an appointment with Dr. Soroush Khoshroo. I will admit that I was a little apprehensive before my first visit, as it felt like any adjustment to my neck was going to end in death for sure, possibly because my head would get ripped entirely off my body. But I talked myself into it with 'Well, at least it will be over quick', and showed up for my first appointment. Turns out, I need not have worried. Dr. Khoshroo definitely knows what he is doing, and was able to thoroughly explain exactly what was going on in my head/neck, and was convinced that he could cure my headaches. He spent the majority of my first visit applying Active Release Technique (a type of deep tissue massage), and finished up with some adjustments all along my spine and in my neck. I can say that I immediatley felt better, and right away could experience more movement turning my head. I heard and felt about 4 'pops' on each side of my neck, and felt instantly better. I actually really looked forward to going to bed that night, just to see if the headache would return in the morning. It did not!!! I felt so good, I rode my motorcycle to work that day, and then rode as much as I could for the rest of this past summer. In addition to the head injury that brought me in, I've had other issues with my back over the years, and have had othotics in the past. Through laziness, I had never been refit for new ones when my old ones died about 5 years ago. Dr. Khoshroo analyzed my gait and fit me for some new custom orthotics (which I've been wearing for about a month now) and since then, my knees feel better, my back doesn't hurt anymore, and now when I go for adjustments, my lower back no longer needs any attention at all. Long story short, in just 1 visit, Dr. Khoshroo was able to reduce about 90% of the pain I had been dealing with for over 2 years. I haven't had a headache since my first visit, and over the next few weeks of visits, pretty much all of my back pain has disappeared. I am now on a once a month maintenance schedule, which I really look forward to even though it is no longer necessary as I don't have any more pain (it just feels good/satisfying to get readjusted!) I would definitely recommend Dr. Soroush Khoshroo, and will happily tell anyone who is looking for a chiropractor that he's the one to go to. He's a great guy, very knowledgable, welcoming, and the biggest thing for me is that he has let me enjoy doing activities that I had almost given up on being able to do again. Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Before seeing Dr. Soroush, I was seeing a physiotherapist for close to 6 months with not a lot of improvements to my whiplash and lower back injuries. I was referred to see Dr. Soroush through my RMT, and he has since improved my conditions and pain levels significantly. Dr. Soroush is mindful of ensuring long term progress and recovery, helps ensure to keep my body on track in moving progressively away from continuous therapy to strength recovery, and ensures that I am well educated of my conditions (which also helped alleviate any anxiety I was experiencing with the lack of progress I previously experienced). I will gladly recommend Dr. Soroush to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Before my friend referred me to Dr. Khoshroo, I have been suffering TMD for 3 months and had to take Advil every day. The pain was all over the left side of my face, toothache, migraine, sinus sore and fullness and swelling… I have seen the nose-ear-throat doctor and inner medical specialist, also tried physiotherapy, acupuncture and chiropractic, but no much progress. Luckily I got to see Dr. Khoshroo, I was very impressed by the way he pointed at the skeleton model and explained extreme clearly how the bone and muscle works. He is very kind and always pays attention to every detail. Talking to him is like talking to an old friend. Amazingly, right after the first session, I did not need any pain killer anymore. After 3 sessions, I felt almost 95% pain free! Dr. Khoshroo is so good that I am literally referring him to almost everybody;-)

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I went to Soroush to see if he could help my alignment issues and my lower back pain. He was able to quickly asses what was the root cause of my back pain and prescribed custom fit orthotics to help me as I walked around during the day. He also introduced me to his Active-Release technique which fixed my alignment issues and alleviated the built up stress and tension in my body. As a high-performing athlete, his treatment really opened up my body and allowed me to continue training at a high level while reducing the risk of injury.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I have seen Dr Khoshroo twice, once for an ankle issue and most recently for a shoulder injury that was not improving with other therapies. In both cases, he did a thorough consult and evaluation with me first, giving me a clear diagnosis of what my injury was, how Active Release Therapy would work to speed my recovery and then offered me a probable timeline for treatment. There’s no question his knowledge and expertise make him one of the best in his field – I noticed improvement from the very first treatment and the timeline of appointments needed has been pretty spot on - but his approach to his patients as individuals is also excellent. He treated each appointment as if it were the first, listening to my updates and answering any new questions I had, ensuring that I was informed every step of the way and for both my injuries, he demonstrated he was as invested in my full recovery as I was. He is an excellent doctor and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I tore my ACL last year and had my reconstruction surgery on May 1st. I hadn't initially planned to have Chiro as part of my rehab and recovery plan. I spoke with Dr. Soroush Khoshroo at an event and he explained that there are new ART and Graston techniques that would significantly impact my recovery and help with removing the scar tissue. He asked me to research them and if I had any questions I can call him and ask! I ran that by my surgeon and by my physio and both encouraged it, so I actually decided to go to Soroush very early on after my surgery. It was a great call and perhaps I was very lucky to have met him at the event to be pointed into his direction. He is one of the few Chiropractors in the city certified to do ART and Graston and these techniques work! These techniques are developed to help assist with patient recovery after an injury or surgery in my case. Every time I visited him I received a boost to my recovery. Soroush deals with the injuries very scientifically. Expect a thorough explanation of why you feel the pain and discomfort at the location of your injury. Then he will actually demonstrate to you where things are tight and tense. Next he does his work on your injury and finally he gives you advice on what to do on your own to help the recovery. So when you are with him, you are able to follow what he does and why he does it and you will feel the effects of his therapy. I have never seen any therapist so focused and dedicated to helping his patient understand his/her problems and to helping the patient solve the problem. Sometimes as I go home, I receive emails from Soroush with suggestion for exercises, etc. to address a particular issue that I had complained about during my session with him. If you are recovering from an injury that is stopping you from normal life, trust me that Soroush is someone you like to have on your recovery team! Very knowledgeable, excellent at what he does, and very caring. You can’t really ask for more. I am 4 months into my rehab now and already am running and hiking. I am expected to have a full recovery by winter which is amazing, thanks to my medical team in which Soroush has played a huge part.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I've been going to Soroush over the past few years for various injuries mostly related to sport. The injuries ranged from torn groin muscle strains to back pain. He is very knowledgeable and really cares about his patients. He walks you through every step of the treatment, so you know exactly what's happening. I've always felt better after just a few sessions with him, so I highly recommend him for any type of injury or just simple adjustment.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014