Ratings for Dr. Joy Emmanuel-Cochrane

She gives the best medical care, with attentiveness, professionalism & the most current knowledge. I’ve always appreciated that she looks at & considers the whole patient. For example a headache could just be a headache…or the result of stress to be addressed & handled preventatively. The entire staff is warm & caring. Some indicators of a business are the amount of staff turnover & the employees attitude. This staff has been stable throughout the years we’ve been patients, which contributes to the welcoming environment. If you don’t have an appointment, you can always come in as a walk in & be seen within a reasonable time. I appreciate having the time to ask all the questions I need without feeling rushed or pressured to let her get to her next patient, so if I have to wait for my appointment because she’s running late I figure she’s just giving them the same thoughtful attention.I would highly Dr Cochrane to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

So far I've only called them and talked to them to set up an appointment and the staff is very nice and knowledgeable over the phone. :)

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I am surprised at the negative reviews of Dr. Cochrane. She may not be warm and fuzzy, but so far I have had nothing but a great experience with her. She is an excellent listener, she doesn't over prescribe medications, and she runs her office on time. I have never had to wait for more than 10 minutes and I am always able to get an appointment quickly. I think the staff is friendly and professional as well.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr Cochrane has been our family Dr for about 4 yrs. She is awesome. I never wait long and she lets me know whats going on as far as her diagnoses. My husband and kids all see her a couple times a year. Her staff is way friendly, not sure what happened with some of these other people commenting on here, but I've been there many times and I have never been treated rudely nor have I witnessed anybody else being treated rudely, unprofessionally or leave angry. Oh and the office and exam rooms are nice and the location is great, near lot's of shopping,vet, restaurants so you can run errands after :)

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

very unfriendly, unpersonable, you feel rushed and not listened to at all!!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr Cochraine has always been excellent with me, a 63 yr old male patient. Her and her staff have give great service everytime, I highly recommend her, she is always friendly, never rushes you, totally professional at all times.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

WORST DR. EVER. WORST STAFF EVER! Called & asked to speak to the Dr. the staff told me I couldn't and she wouldn't be able to call me back. They also asked why I wanted to speak to MY DR. about the reason I was calling. I WAS FURIOUS. I called two days before a prescription was due they told me to call back because it was to soon. I called next time a few days after they told me that the Dr. had a PILE of them to write and wasn't sure if she could write one for me. TERRIBLE WORK ETHIC! WHERE IS IT?! SO FED UP WITH THIS PLACE! It takes a minute to write a prescription NOT 2-3 days. I finally decided to show up and get it and the staff was annoyed. THEY ARE LAZY. NO WORK ETHIC. DO NOT PICK THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

nice clinic to do pre employment physical. Staff helpful and office is a nice envoronment.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

I never saw her. After waiting 70 minutes, I left the office. Why if I'm required to be on time, is the doctor not?

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

I agree with the last comment about the office staff. Although Dr. Cochrane is amazing and is great at listening, for the most part, I felt that the staff would always be too busy talking to each other to answer the phone. Another problem is that they would talk about other patients out loud, a clear violation of HIPPA (I worked in the medical field for years). The staff should be further trained on professionalism. In all, at least I'm grateful that I could always get in the following day.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Joy Emmanuel-Cochrane's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Careplus