Dr. Ryan Frank

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ryan Frank

I had 3 surgeries related to a severed tendon on my hand. He was amazingly kind, professional, calming and talented. I recommend him to anyone. He went out of his way to operate on me, even performing a surgery late Friday when he had to be out of town. He is a great doctor and a great person.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Frank performed my Abdominoplasty procedure earlier this month and i am beyond happy with my results! Dr Frank along with his staff are very helpful and knowledgeable, i have never felt rushed while my consult, or any post op appointments. I would definitely recommend Dr Frank!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr Frank performed my breast augmentation surgery. The results are excellent. Dr Frank and his staff were professional, helpful, and kept me well informed throughout the procedure. They were happy to answer any question I had and took time to make sure I understood everything before the surgery. I couldn't have had a better experience and would highly recommend Dr Frank for any procedure.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) Review: After having major (medically necessary and life saving) abdominal surgery over a decade ago, I was left with a large and raised scar from an incision closed with 18 staples (causing puckering on the sides of the incision) and loose, sagging skin and stretch marks from the edema I had. I visited six plastic surgeons (Calgary & Lethbridge) and decided on Dr. Frank due to his bedside manner as well as him giving me realistic expectations of the outcome of the surgery. I am 3 months post op as of yesterday and the results are BEYOND my expectations. The sagging skin was all removed and most of the stretch marks also removed in the process. About 80% of the raised scar was completely removed with only a short portion remaining (which he made smooth and less raised). Dr. Frank had to basically create a belly button for me as mine had literally been tied up in my old scar: this was the part I was most worried about as if you look at some sites whee belly buttons were done by doctors, they are long and thin and odd looking. Mine is nothing short of beautiful (probably nicer than my original one, lol). He tightened the abdominal wall as well and I finally have my waist back. I waited a long time for this surgery and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. My stomach literally looks perfect. The scarring from the incision is still there but of course you have to use oils and silicon bandages, etc. and it will fade nicely. Dr. Frank's support staff (Shona and nurse Carol) are amazing and will take time to make sure every question is answered. As will Dr. Frank. It's obvious he's a busy guy (I found out he works with Alberta Children's in Plastics and also volunteers with Doctors Without Borders so he's got a bit on his plate) - but he spends time answering every single question you have before you go. I know there's a ton of choices out there but if you are looking for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), I would 115% recommend Dr. Frank. Really if I was having anything done, I would feel I was in amazingly competent (and artistic) hands with him. (Seriously, my stomach looks like art, it's so beautiful :)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I had a breast lift 3 weeks ago. Dr. Frank & his staff are amazing to work with. Right from Shona (front desk), to Carol (nurse) and Dr. Frank himself. Their bedside manner is impeccable & makes the experience that much better/easier. Dr. Frank prepared me for what to expect afterwards and Carol was amazing during the surgery day & the next day follow up. I seen Dr. Frank this week for my 3 week follow up & he was as engaged just as much as he was prior to when I had surgery. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the results, asked about how everything has been going & made sure I had no concerns. If you're in need of a surgeon - you just found the perfect one. I was recommended to him from a great family friend who had an augmentation. I'm forever grateful for her referral.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I went for a consultation and felt very comfortable since he is very genuine and easy to talk to. Him and his staff where very friendly as well. I have yet to get any surgery procedures but i am thinking he is my surgeon. He was very knowledgeable and makes the consultation less stressful. I only wish i was able to see before and after pictures in order to get a better idea of his work. Otherwise he seems great

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

TLDR: Amazing surgeon, with an incredibly kind and supportive staff. Would highly recommend. I first met Dr. Frank 6 weeks ago, during a consultation for breast augmentation surgery. He was extremely kind, and took the time to not only go over my surgical options (as expected) but to get to know me as person as well (very much not expected). I felt well cared for, safe and secure with him. The day of the surgery, he was equally as kind as he had been during the consultation, and I could tell that he was happy to be there. I think this is becomming a rarer and rarer trait among doctors, especially those with high-paying prominent careers. As great as Dr. Frank was, his staff was even better. I dealt primarily with Shauna (the receptionist), Lana (a nurse, who dealt with me during the consultation) and Carol (the nurse I had on the day of the surgery). They were all extremely kind, knowledgeable, welcoming, and came across as passionate about each of their respective jobs. My nurse Carol indicated she and Lana had been with the practice for over 15 years, really highlighting how great the atmosphere around the clinic is, and how much these people enjoy their jobs. It made the entire experience totally enjoyable, and made what could have been an extremely anxiety-ridden day almost relaxing. The other staff seemed equally as kind, however I didn't really interact with them so I can't comment on their attitudes specifically. The front office, and the surgical suites in the back were very clean and professional. They had the most comfortable 'hospital' beds I've ever been in haha. Honestly, anyone considering plastic surgery should read through the reviews here and elsewhere (all of which are glowingly positive), and book a consultation with Dr. Frank and his staff to go over your options. 12/10 would recommend :P

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Him and his staff are amazing, I felt extremely token care of they make sure you're comfortable and not shy to express your feelings which was really great. The nurses as well as Dr Ryan were so polite and kind they even crack a few jokes to ease your nerves a bit. My surgery was done under local anesthesia (meaning I was awake but frozen) which YES I was freaking out about but the nurses and him ensured me I was in good hands. The place is very clean and professional, I only have good things to say about him and his team I would really recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I had a nose revision/rhinoplasty done by Dr. Frank after being born with a cleft lip. Dr Frank did a great job and I could not be more happy with my results. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking into this type of surgery for themselves or their child.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Frank and his staff are so amazing. I had a rhinoplasty done this summer and I couldn't be happier with the results. he listened to my concerns and assured me that he understood what i wanted and did not want. It was so refreshing having someone understand and see the same things i disliked about my nose and know exactly what i wanted fixed before i even explained it all. Day of surgery his whole staff was so helpful and kind, and they really made me feel comfortable and relaxed. everyone has an amazing bedside manner, and is so reassuring. After surgery i had slight discomfort as to be expected but after that i had almost no pain and no need for my pain killers! I would highly recommend Dr. Frank as a surgeon, based on his kindness, passion for his work, and for his skill.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Ryan Frank's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised in Calgary, I have chosen to set up my practice and life in the city that I love so much. I completed my medical school and plastic surgical residency training at the University of Calgary. I then had the unique opportunity to learn from a variety of excellent plastic and reconstructive surgeons at the University of California, San Diego during my pediatric and cosmetic surgical fellowship. Once I completed my surgical training, I decided to pursue an MBA degree from Queen’s University and Cornell University, mainly to help round out my education and give me a different perspective on the delivery of health care. My passions in life include hockey, snowboarding, golf, tennis, and travel. Having a strong passion for travel has given me so much insight into not only how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world, but also how lucky we are to have access to such great medical care. The international cleft lip and palate mission I took part in during my residency training with Operation Rainbow Canada to Cambodia has inspired me to want to do more for those in need. I look forward to attending overseas missions on a regular basis. The skills I have learned and acquired over the years are a blessing. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to know that I have the ability to help someone gain the confidence they need to become the person they have always dreamt about becoming. I look forward to meeting you to discuss how I can help you feel as good about yourself as possible.

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2004)

Assurant