Ratings for Dr. Ryan Frank

Thank yu Dr Ryan, and Nurse Denise. I knew I was in good hands. Ma ear is healing so well

flag | Submitted August 13, 2019

Dr. Ryan Frank and all his staff, including Shona and Carol were excellent. I know there were others in the operating room, and I feel bad about it, but they were so awesome as well. I always felt like I was in good hands. Thank you all so much!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

I am 2 months out from my rhinoplasty with Dr. Frank and I couldn't be happier! I'm still in the healing phase but the results are already beautiful! Dr. Frank was so kind & honest about what he would be able to do for me and gave me a realistic outlook on what I could expect. You & your team made me feel so comfortable! I was so nervous leading up to surgery, I swear I called Shona every week and she gladly answered all the silly questions I had leading up to the big day. Carol (the nurse that takes care of you during/after surgery) was so sweet and really put me at ease. I'll be coming back soon for my breast augment! Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

My daughter had an extensive rhinoseptoplasty by Dr. Frank. She had three prior surgeries for this from another surgeon who was lovely, but he unfortunately just could not correct the situation. I cannot emphasize enough the talent and skill of Dr. Frank. She can breathe very well now and her nose looks absolutely fabulous. We cannot say enough good things about this surgeon!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

I just recently had a BA and I couldn't be happier with choosing Dr. Frank. He and all of the staff were incredibly welcoming and had great bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Frank!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I had a BA in July. I highly recommend Dr Frank and his staff. The atmosphere in the office is relaxing and friendly. Everything was explained clearly. The operating room and recovery are comfortable and clean. They staff does a great job at taking care of their patients. My experience was great! I didn’t have much pain, more discomfort. I am 5 months post-op and the incision lines are very faint. Dr Frank did an excellent job!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

I had 3 surgeries related to a severed tendon on my hand. He was amazingly kind, professional, calming and talented. I recommend him to anyone. He went out of his way to operate on me, even performing a surgery late Friday when he had to be out of town. He is a great doctor and a great person.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Frank performed my Abdominoplasty procedure earlier this month and i am beyond happy with my results! Dr Frank along with his staff are very helpful and knowledgeable, i have never felt rushed while my consult, or any post op appointments. I would definitely recommend Dr Frank!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Dr Frank performed my breast augmentation surgery. The results are excellent. Dr Frank and his staff were professional, helpful, and kept me well informed throughout the procedure. They were happy to answer any question I had and took time to make sure I understood everything before the surgery. I couldn't have had a better experience and would highly recommend Dr Frank for any procedure.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) Review: After having major (medically necessary and life saving) abdominal surgery over a decade ago, I was left with a large and raised scar from an incision closed with 18 staples (causing puckering on the sides of the incision) and loose, sagging skin and stretch marks from the edema I had. I visited six plastic surgeons (Calgary & Lethbridge) and decided on Dr. Frank due to his bedside manner as well as him giving me realistic expectations of the outcome of the surgery. I am 3 months post op as of yesterday and the results are BEYOND my expectations. The sagging skin was all removed and most of the stretch marks also removed in the process. About 80% of the raised scar was completely removed with only a short portion remaining (which he made smooth and less raised). Dr. Frank had to basically create a belly button for me as mine had literally been tied up in my old scar: this was the part I was most worried about as if you look at some sites whee belly buttons were done by doctors, they are long and thin and odd looking. Mine is nothing short of beautiful (probably nicer than my original one, lol). He tightened the abdominal wall as well and I finally have my waist back. I waited a long time for this surgery and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. My stomach literally looks perfect. The scarring from the incision is still there but of course you have to use oils and silicon bandages, etc. and it will fade nicely. Dr. Frank's support staff (Shona and nurse Carol) are amazing and will take time to make sure every question is answered. As will Dr. Frank. It's obvious he's a busy guy (I found out he works with Alberta Children's in Plastics and also volunteers with Doctors Without Borders so he's got a bit on his plate) - but he spends time answering every single question you have before you go. I know there's a ton of choices out there but if you are looking for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), I would 115% recommend Dr. Frank. Really if I was having anything done, I would feel I was in amazingly competent (and artistic) hands with him. (Seriously, my stomach looks like art, it's so beautiful :)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr. Ryan Frank's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised in Calgary, I have chosen to set up my practice and life in the city that I love so much. I completed my medical school and plastic surgical residency training at the University of Calgary. I then had the unique opportunity to learn from a variety of excellent plastic and reconstructive surgeons at the University of California, San Diego during my pediatric and cosmetic surgical fellowship. Once I completed my surgical training, I decided to pursue an MBA degree from Queen’s University and Cornell University, mainly to help round out my education and give me a different perspective on the delivery of health care. My passions in life include hockey, snowboarding, golf, tennis, and travel. Having a strong passion for travel has given me so much insight into not only how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world, but also how lucky we are to have access to such great medical care. The international cleft lip and palate mission I took part in during my residency training with Operation Rainbow Canada to Cambodia has inspired me to want to do more for those in need. I look forward to attending overseas missions on a regular basis. The skills I have learned and acquired over the years are a blessing. I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to know that I have the ability to help someone gain the confidence they need to become the person they have always dreamt about becoming. I look forward to meeting you to discuss how I can help you feel as good about yourself as possible.

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2004)

Workers Comp