Ratings for Dr. Samudrika Amarakone

Highly unprofessional "doctor". And incompetent. She didn't even know what was going on with me and when i asked her, she was like " I don't know"... And till right now, she does not know what's going with me. She does not even care. All she did was take advil for the pain.... Like what the helll?!...

flag | Submitted November 10, 2018

The most unprofessional "professional" I have ever met. Does not truly care about the well being of her patients. I tried coming to the walk-in clinic and the receptionist turned me away and told me it was not for patients of the office, it was for the public. Another occasion she did a blood test for me and I never heard back from her after she told me she would phone me with the results. I called on 5 different occasions and could never get a phone call back from the receptionists or her. This went on for 3 weeks. After so much frustration I was looking in to switching doctors. I called the receptionist to ask what the proper procedure for that was. She told me to speak with Dr. Amarakone about it. After mentioning it to Dr. Amarakone, she interrupted me, stood up and WALKED OUT on me, saying "let me know when you have found another doctor", leaving me in the room without returning. So unprofessional. I am young woman and have never had to switch doctors. I was simply seeking her help and following what the receptionist had told me to do. Next thing I know she dropped me as a patient before I could even find a new doctor. My family has also had issues with ridiculous wait times and rudeness from the staff.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Has almost 0 availability as a family doctor. Rude, tardy, and very offputting. Does not make you feel cared for or valued as her patient. Dismissive and belittling. Also charges 50$ to be transferred to another doctor (50$ to scan some paper to a new doctor). Absolutely ridiculous. Wouldn't recommend AT ALL.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

She simply does not care. She doesn't care about your time, about your issue, nothing. I visited this Doctor at Southbank Walk-In Clinic. She ushered me out the door after a 4 minute appointment where she had her hand on the door handle the entire time. Clearly just there to bill the maximum possible number of appointments.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

I was a patient of Dr Amarakone for a member of years when I found a lump in my breast. Then I didn't even hear from her after I went for my mammogram, I had to hear my diagnoses from another medical team!! I had my mammogram, ultra sound, biopsy and was set up with a surgeon before I even heard from her for the first time since I found the lump!!! What kind of GP treats her patient like that!! I was very upset!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Before anybody jumps to conclusions about Dr. Amarakone let's remember this is the internet. I always look at all information gleaned from it with a jaundiced eye! Dr. Amarakone has been our family doctor for numerous years. The service, attention and follow-up has been nothing short of very good. I like her, my family likes her and more importantly to me anyone I recommended her to have been more than satisfied with her abilities!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

No star for this doctor. She kept confusing me with other patients. She's such a terrible doctor and I could say more but I won't waste my time..the reviews speak for themselves

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I find Dr Amarakone to be a very competent doctor and very helpful and kind. I have been a patient for close to 8 years and have had no problems at all.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I already wrote a review below, but I felt the need to do a follow up review as I'm shocked by information I received from my new doctor. When I was under Dr. Amarakone's care, I was told that I had an iron deficiency and that I should be taking iron pills to fix it. I listened to Dr. Amarakone and began taking the pills. I was also told that I had a B12 deficiency and should be taking B12 pills. Since I switched doctors, my new doctor made the discovery that I, in fact, do NOT have either of the above deficiencies and never did. I brought him all of my medical records and he told me that I never once tested as being deficient in either category. On top of that, my iron levels are actually DOUBLE what they should be and are now at a dangerous level (too much iron can shut down your internal organs and kill you). I have stopped taking the iron supplements and my iron levels are still far too high (along with some inflammatory markers being high as well) so my new doctor believes that I have an undiagnosed inflammatory disease. Frankly, I was appalled when he told me all of this. Not only was I misdiagnosed by Dr. Amarakone AGAIN - this was not the first time - but I was also placed on iron supplements when I already have high iron levels which could have been deadly to me. Furthermore, I am now being tested for endometriosis as my doctor strongly believes that I suffer from this painful condition and have been suffering from it for years on end. I went to Dr. Amarakone numerous times regarding my severe pelvic pain and I was told to go home and take Advil which was beyond unprofessional. She does not listen to you as a patient and does not take anything that you say seriously. PLEASE choose another doctor for your own safety! It is terrifying how little Dr. Amarakone seems to know. She really should be banned from practicing medicine altogether.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Ignores most of whatever I tell her. Mixes up my file with someone else and shows no concern about it. Tells me my head bump is a fatty cyst and only when I insist on getting it looked at, do we find a tumor. Walks out half way through my physical till I stop her and remind her that she is there as for my physical and should't there be more to it and only then does she come back to do breast and abdomen exam. Doesn't give the prescription she said she wanted to give me. So much more... Office staff is rude and difficult. Hours are terrible. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016