Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. Achtman

Dr. Achtman is the best dermatologist ever! I definitely recommend him and Dr. McConnell. Dr. Achtman has helped clear my face of acne and Dr. McConnell has helped clear my skin of dark spots. I trust them both with all my skin needs. They are both so patient, prompt and explaine every treatment and procedure with detail. Best part is that I get compliments on my skin all the time now. People continually stop to ask me what I am doing to my skin to continue to get such great results. And I am so happy to refer them to Dr. Achtman and Dr. McConnell.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Highly recommend Dr. Achtman and Dr. McConnell! I've been to multiple dermatologists and I will never see anyone other than them if I can help it. I see Dr. Achtman for all of my skin needs, and he has me feel more confident by clearing up my blemishes/acne. I also see Dr. McConnell and her staff for all my laser hair removal treatments and facials. They have the best products, tools and services and I can't say enough about the staff!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Achtman is the best dermatologist I've been to. He has fixed my acne when all other dermatologists has given up on me. I'm so glad I found this doctor. I would highly suggest him to anyone suffering from acne or other skin problems, he's very kind and attentive, and spends a lot of time with his patients. His staff is excellent and go out of their way to accommodate patients' needs.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Hats off to Dr Achtman and Dr McConnell and their entire staff! This is my go to for dermatological care and skincare as well. They have developed a line of products that are wonderful! Dr McConnell is great with all the skincare and has the lasers to get the job done! Dr Achtman knows his dermatology and always has the answer for your skin problems! Need I say more? I'm a fan!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Went to Dr. Achtman for years. I highly recommend him. Great staff as well. I had a number of procedures over the years without incidences.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

On 12/8/14 I went to Dr. Achtman for a mole check. We paid $325 for that appt. I was told the mole needed to be removed. My husband and I asked the cost of that procedure because our deductible had not been met and it would all be out of pocket, so we needed to budget the $. We were told by front desk that it would be $350. On 3/3/15, AFTER the procedure and we had no choice, front desk said it was $525. My Husband and I questioned the difference, but were told previous quote was an estimate. They said we could have a payment plan, so we paid $175. When we got the first bill, it was now $625! I called the office on 3/13/15, but they insisted that any quotes were only estimates. I asked to speak to the Dr. to clear up the discrepancy, but was told he does not speak to patients regarding bills. We were then told we did not understand how insurance works and we owe $625 or they will turn it over to collection company! They had our insurance info so they should have been able to pre-authorize charges. This office obviously has morals or conscience and certainly does not do business by the old saying that "YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD." Dr. Achtman told me that I would probably need several other spots removed over time, so they could have gotten more business from me. I will NEVER go back.

Submitted March 14, 2015

wonderful doctor--very caring-listened to all my problems. He found a spot on my arm which he said was suspicious, that i didn't even notice.He did a biopsy and it turned out to be a skin cancer. He then did the cancer surgery and it healed beautifully---can't even see the scar! I 've been to several dermatologists in the area and Dr. Achtman has been the best! I have referred him to several friends and family members and each one loved him! Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

I was a regular patient of Dr. A for a few years. I went in to get a mole examined, as it was dark and atypical. He spent approximately 2 minutes in the room with me, barely looked at the mole and signed pre-typed prescription pads for acne medication. Six months later I was back for my regular skin check, and I had to ARGUE with him to get him to remove the mole. He did it, but was very brusque and acted as if I was being paranoid. When the biopsy came back as MELANOMA, I got no apology, and ZERO concern from the doctor. The staff gave me a few references of surgeons that could take care of the issue. I asked them why he hadn't caught the problem in the last visit, and was told that "moles can change quickly and obviously it was not a problem six months ago". AVOID HIM.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

In July 2011, I got into his office within five days to check some spots on my back after a recent sunburn. Dr. Achtman was very informative, helpful, nice and easy going. It was a quick whole-body check as it was my first dermatology visit but that was my choice. The reception staff was 50/50 nice/stuffy acting but I really like the doctor and would highly recommend him. The office is conveniently located with an upscale interior and lots of nice products and books to look at.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

I had to wait over 45 minutes before being seen, which doesn't bother me too much. When Dr. Ackman finally came in, he was curt, and didn't even spend 2 minutes in the room and seemed rushed in the mole removal process. He completely botched the job, and it now looks like I have gun shot wounds. I've had some removed before from other doctors and this was by far the worst experience coupled with the worst results. I will not return, and would never recommend this dermatologist to anyone. Run!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Dr. Daniel S. Achtman's Credentials

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1983)