Ratings for Dr. Christopher J. Barry

Dr Barry saved me from a life of misery after a chronic problem became a sudden emergency.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Barry was a blessing! I was 16 and had a severe herniated disc in my lower spine, which affected my movement and in the weeks before surgery, had starting to minimalize the use of my right leg. Although his policy is to only see patients 18 or older, he was gracious enough to see me and perform a laminectomy on me within days of our first appointment. He and his staff are very polite, professional, and knowledgeable, and I owe my right leg and pain free back to him. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone with neurological pain or issues! THANK YOU DR. BARRY!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I had been dealing with back pain and leg pain for yrs... Went through different pt, meds, pain mang and so om... Saw Dr. Barry he was so knowledgeable about what was going on, and i totally felt comfortable with him and his decision on what he thought would work for me. Had surgery 6 weeks ago, which was easy breezy.. I have almost zero leg pain!!!!! He and his staff are so kind.. I would recommend him anytime!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

I spent two years looking for the Best nuerosurgeon to take care of the 24/7 chronic pain in the lower back region. Dr. Barry, his staff, and Oklahoma Heart Hospital was a God send. I made it clear not to make me regret my desicion and four hours after surgery...The miricle of Dr. Barry's knowledge and God given ability has made a complete change of life in my daily living. Walking upright, just be able to walk without tears in my eyes. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

I saw two different neurosurgens before deciding on Dr. Barry. When I first met Dr. Barry I was probably most concerned with his age, (guessing mid to late 30's). That concern disappeared while talking to him. All the staff were very polite and informative. Dr. Barry is very easy to talk to and the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever dealt with. Before and after my surgery I felt like I was his most important patient. I felt like he truly cares about making sure my pain I had been living with was fixed. I couldn't stand up straight and was in terrible pain and taking numerous percocet and flexiril daily for almost 4 months. I just wished I could have gotten in to see him sooner. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

The doctor was not the most punctual but not an unusual wait. He was one of the most caring and polite surgeons. He took the time to explain my illness, gave me several options and did his best to keep me from needing spine surgery (it worked for over a year) When things came back, we decided for surgery. He was very compassionate and skilled. I recovered very quickly and was back to normal activities faster than expected. I have my life back! His Nurse and Staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is the best!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

He may be a good surgeon but was very unhelpful. He acted s if I should only be seeing him for a specific surgery and only if surgey was already decided on. But then who decides surgey is the best treatment if its not the surgeon. And when I wanted to think about the options he would do nothing else for me. Dont neurosurgeons have to go to med school first.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

Dr. Christopher J. Barry's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

MSP/BC Med