Ratings for Dr. Raymond G. Behm

First, let me say that it absolutely pains me to write this review. Dr. Behm, Dr. Litano (no longer there) and the rest of the staff were so very nice. I had numerous appointments – one issue involved two crowns complete with mercury removal, and the other issue was an extraction (sadly of one of the crowns) – but my experiences IN the office were great. I eat as organic as possible and try to take care of myself, so when I decided to find a dentist, holistic was a necessity. I was impressed by how thorough the staff was. They didn’t just take x-rays; they did photos, including posture photos, and they even did muscle testing. They truly make the teeth a full-body experience. Dr. Behm is extremely knowledgeable, and he has a kind and gentle spirit. They do not process any insurance for you, which is no big deal, however, they do sometimes have to provide insurance companies with extra documentation required for reimbursements to be made back to you (since you pay them up front). Here is where my issue is. In July of 2017, I emailed Amy the claim that Humana had sent me, needing more from them. This was the third time – they’d requested more information twice before, and it was sent to them in a speedy manner. I didn’t receive a reply, but I figured they’d sent whatever Humana had needed since they’d done it in such a timely way previously. Come October, I still had no check. I emailed Amy again – sending the claim attachment each time I contacted her – no reply. Sent another one a week later, this time with some extra questions. No reply. Resent a few days later. No reply. October 30, I called Cherie & spoke with her. I emailed HER the claim (the office now had five electronic images of it). She did reply; they were printing it out. Mid November, I emailed Cherie, looking for an update. No reply. Sent another one November 29 and added Amy’s email address. No reply. At this point, I decided that it was time to contact Dr. Behm, so I sent him a message via his personal page on Facebook. On December 1, I resent the email to Amy and Cherie. No reply. December 4, I sent a message to Dr. Litano; this is when I found out he was no longer there (he started his own practice I recently found out). On December 5 at 12:05am, Dr. Behm read his message on Facebook – I might add, he never replied to me…he just read the message. I also resent yet another email to Amy and Cherie around 9:30 that morning, not knowing yet that he’d read it. Suddenly, I received replies from Cherie just a few minutes later AND from Amy around two that afternoon. Amy actually said that she’d received no images – between my emails to her and Cherie, they had five. I also FINALLY got answers to questions that I’d asked back in October. The paperwork was put in the mail to Humana the next day. After a couple more calls to Humana (that had nothing to do with the office), I FINALLY received the check on January 23; a nearly $500 check that I should have received months previous had Amy done her job without me having to contact Dr. Behm. Aside from maybe the last couple emails to them when I was completely fed up with being ignored, all of my correspondence was cordial. I tried to be as understanding and as patient as I could be, but there was NO reason for it to take Amy over five months to reply to me and take care of something that took MINUTES. I’d probably still be waiting if I hadn’t contacted Dr. Behm. Regardless of how much I like Dr. Behm and their procedures and such, I will not reward such incompetency and unprofessionalism with business or referrals. And that is REALLY a shame because we don’t have a plethora of holistic dentists in the area (though Dr. Litano now has his own, as I mentioned). Very disappointing for something that had so much potential. If you have no insurance to deal with, I encourage you to go. If you DO have insurance, however, just know that you will more than likely have to put in a lot of work to get your reimbursement. Months of it.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I've been to many dentists in my life and have never had a dentist take his time to explain what he was doing each step of the way. They did a very thourough exam, ex-rays and photographs of my mouth/teeth, there's a screen on the wall in front of you, where you can see your teeth, right after they take the photo's/ex-rays. Dr. Behm talked to me about each tooth, how it relates to my body and what needed to be done. Dr. Behm genuinly cares about his patient's and educating them on how to get healthy, starting with their teeth. He removed my mercury, which I was told by my previous dentist that it had been removed. When he removed my metal crown (which was rusted), there was a ton of mercury under it, which was very clear in the photo's Dr, Behm's office took. He explained how important my bite is and how it can kill your teeth. Dr. Behm has over forty years practicing dentistry and is by far the best dentist I have ever been to. He was highly referred to me by a dear friend of mine and I highly refer him.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Behm did a great job. He not only looked at my structure but also muscle tested me for toxicity. He is truly a Holistic Dentist!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I was so happy to find a holistic dentist and while I do think Dr. BEHM is very knowledgeable , he has a very poor chairside manner. My first visit I was in the chair the from 11am - 6pm! All I had done was one tooth extraction! Dr. BEHM goes from patient to patient back and forth between multiple rooms and I waited and waited and waited. Each hour that went by, I kept thinking, "Well it can't be long now..... He did numb me very well and I had no pain and the extraction site did heal beautifully! I wish Dr. BEHM would get his act together because he has the knowledge and the skills to heal. But he kept himself so busy going from patient to patient, that like the other reviewer, I can see how he gets confused and distracted. He is also overworking his staff. I overheard the male hygienist he had assisting him sigh in the hall before coming into my cubicle that he was exhausted!! Then Dr. BEHM said, "Come on. We got get this extraction finished." Then the hygienist nicked the tooth next to the tooth that was being extracted with the drill. I let it go UNTIL IT HAPPENED A SECOND TIME!! Then I went thru the roof and had to take a break before the extraction could be finished. All in all I was thoughly traumatized and don't know when I will be able to get back to a dentist!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Took multiple visits for 1 filling due to inaccurate bite. Ground down my GOOD tooth next to the filled tooth to make bite fit. Dentist clamped my tongue hard into my night guard and I ended up with a wound on my tongue from him forcing the nightguard onto my tongue. He didn't even know if it was an upper or lower night guard. He overlooked 1 missing tooth in my mouth when counting the teeth and missed 1 cracked tooth. I went in with 1 filling and came out with: 1 TONGUE WOUND, 1 GROUND DOWN GOOD TOOTH, NEW multiple teeth sensitivity, which I never had previously. He hurt my front lower teeth by forcing the night guard out of my mouth. OVERALL POOR rating for someone who has been in practice 40 years. Two thumbs down.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013