Dr. Kent E. Willyard

World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kent E. Willyard

Fantastic practice! The office staff is friendly and helpful, and the doctors are excellent. Easy to get an appointment, and very responsive to questions. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

I have been going to Dr. Willyard for 3.5 years. He's very engaging and he listens to me. He is open to discussing options for treatments and I don't feel he orders unnecessary tests. While other's may have had issues with the office staff, I have not. Dr. Willyard is very responsive to emails submitted through the patient portal. I have also had no issues with him refilling prescriptions. I would recommend him to a friend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Was a little nervous after moving to the area and having to pick a new doctor. Sat down for the appt and got called to see Dr. Willyard before I finished my magazine article. After a discussion regarding my concern with my heart health due to family history, recommended a specific test to include in my blood work that could provide additional insight into my heart health. After telling him about how I liked running in races, provided a great website to help me find more. Would recommend to family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I was with Dr. Willyard for about a year until an uncomfortable conversation. I have diabetes and my prescription ran out. I called to get a new prescription. His staff insisted that I needed to make an appt first. I said that's fine, but can I at least get a prescription instead of waiting for the appt. Previously (a few months before this), when I ran out and didn't refill, Dr. Willyard said to never go w/o prescription, its too dangerous. So I asked if I could speak to Dr. Willyard. He insisted the same thing, appt. first. I told him I understand, I will, but can I get the prescription. He knows I hate pills anyway, even tylenol. He stated, "which part u didn't understand? Appt. first". I proceeded to remind him that he was the one that said it was dangerous to go w/o. Now, I'm concerned about integrity. He continues to interrupt my statements. I asked him, what is different now. He's says, forget it, I'm cutting you off, find a new Dr. Not sure if it was a bad day, but unacceptable

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

The office staff is very uncooperative and extremely rude. I will never go back to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

He is nice, listens to your problems, gives you a great solution, then asks if there is anything else you needed help with. I have had some embarassing things to go to a doctor with, but he always made me feel comfortable talking about it.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

I have no problems with the physician however, his office staff is horrible and the sad thing is that Dr. Willyard has no idea how bad his office staff treats the patients. When brought to his attention, he didn't seem concerned at all.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

I will not refer to him as "DR- to me he is Mr. Willyard. Heaven help you if you need a good diagnostician. His lack of knowledge is scary.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

After my previous post regarding the difficulties with my move Dr. Willyard contacted me personally to resolve the issues I had raised. I appreciated his personal touch and, once again, he demonstrated his commitment to his patients. I would recommend him to anyone needing a new physician. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

My first comment on Dr. Willyard was on 14 December. Since that time I have been very surprised by the degree he and his office staff have declined in patient support. I moved less than one month ago to California as my previous prescription for a non-narcotic drug (Propecia - I need hair, help!) was coming to an end. His office informed me they would provide me a 30-day bridge for my prescription while I transitioned to my new region. The day my prescription ran out his office informed me they would not honor their commitment to provide a bridge prescription. Thus I am currently unable to renew my prescription and I have 25 days until my appointment with a new provider. Dr. Willyard's office was unwilling to help me work with a local provider to find a solution and was very confrontational. In short, I have seen a remarkably negative side to their commitment to their patients. I am very disappointed with this once-fantastic office.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Kent E. Willyard's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1998)