You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Farmer

Dr. Michael Farmer's Ratings

Love doctor Farmer. He has always been great for me and my family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

He prescribed 1500 T3's in the last year for my father who was suffering from dementia and who is now trying to recover from decades of an unknown codeine addiction. I don't know how this is acceptable. He does have back pain, but how much of it is made worse from the T3's.. also long term effects of long term usage may have caused a lot of his cognitive and constant internal problems. It is almost impossible to get through on the phone line. Incredibly frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Dr Farmer is a great Dr. And I was so happy with his team I opted to have him look after my next pregnancy as well. I'm a high risk patient with gittlmans syndrome. My last daughter was born at 27 weeks. But caught up in the first six months. I was treated with kindness and respect even though I had home issues with my spouse's abuse. Thank you so much Dr Farmer renee

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2813499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr michael farmer should be reported to the Board.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2793441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2468087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Michael Farmer's behaviour torwards me during my labour and childbirth at BC Women’s Hospital was disrespectful, neglectful, and insulting. He advised me to undergo induction of labour procedure without obtaining appropriate informed consent from me and without explaining the procedure adequately. He then failed to provide appropriate supervision to the nurse who was assigned to regulate my oxytocin infusion. Without asking me for consent or permission, he conducted a vaginal exam on me when I was 8 cm dilated and in transition, having extremely strong contractions, and was unable to stop him from doing so. This exam caused me extreme pain, was degrading and insulting, and was extremely detrimental to my labour and subsequent childbirth. Shortly before my baby was born by forceps, he failed to explain to me adequately why forceps was needed but instead, coerced me into agreeing to forceps delivery by threats of C-section and by disrespectful, joking, and insulting behavior.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1954733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2011

Excellent staff, excellent doctor. Has been my doctor since he took over from Dr. Halpenny, and also my late husband's doctor. Always listens and is very kind and gentle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1954731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

Dr. Farmer is always interested, aware, and knowledgeable. He's always on time unless there's a maternity priority. His staff is mediocre and seemingly overbusy though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1954730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

dr farmer is the best doctor i have ever been to. i have been his patient since he took over for dr halpenny. yes he is hard to see but work with it. he is not God. he was there for everything i neededhim for. he took phone calls when i needed him. he listened. he is the BEST ever,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1954729].votes_count ]]