Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Cote

I was apprehensive about seeing Dr Cote after reading the previous comments, but perhaps she has made some changes? The receptionist was exceedingly pleasant both in person and on the phone and was very accommodating when I had to reschedule my appointment on short notice. Dr Cote was also pleasant and professional. My appointment was at 10am and I was on my way home by 10:45 which to me is very reasonable. The office is quite nice with plenty of free parking. I would not hesitate to see Dr Cote again for my dermatological needs.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I saw Dr. Cote at her Collingwood Clinic for the first & LAST time Oct. 5, 2017. She was 40 minutes late, rude & arrogant. Went to her on recommendation of my family physician for yeast infection & she said I had psoriasis. If she was the last dermatologist on earth I wound't see her again!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I shiver in the thought of ever going back there. If only I could upload pictures of a before and after of my skin condition.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

She was unprofessional,rude and arrogant. Indifferent wasn't interested in why I was referred to her . I would never return to see her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Initial meeting was good, seemed knowledgeable. Called to explain I had a meeting and would be half hour late for follow up appointment and was told I needed to give 48 hours notice, that she was booked up and couldn't be 1/2 hour late. Had to pay $50 to cancel. I think Dr. Cote would have been fine but her power tripping staff were terrible.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I think Dr.cote was great if it wasn't for her I wouldn't feel comfortable in my own skin. The problem I go there for kept coming back ( acne) and every time she allowed me to go back on the medication because that is what I wanted. I think she's very nice and I've been seeing her for 5 years now. Her staff is very nice too.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr Cote came into the examining room and never once moved from her desk and computer at the entrance. She looked like she was dressed for fashion week. Told me I had some sun damage on sides of my face. I didn't come in for that. Said she didn't know 'what that is' 'that' being the reason I came to see her. Didn't ask me a single question or take a closer look. Wrote down the medical term for sun damage, again not the reason I was there. She is arrogant, rude and cold. Would never,ever go to her again for any reason. Doesn't even pretend to be interested. I guess the few positive ratings are from patients who had an issue Cote was interested in.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I saw Dr. Cote in 2012 for acne I've been dealing with for too long. She didn't seem to take me seriously, I understand that 'acne' is minor compared to other skin conditions however I deserve to be assessed and treated like everyone else; I wasn't she didn't bother looking at me or assessing me. When I mentioned a dark spot I was very concerned about on my back she got angry that I wanted to show her..she never got to assess my concern I had to go somewhere else (anyone in their 20's should take anything that is sun damage or a mole very seriously and the doctor should too!) so her assessment skills are not there or no one is worth them. Our first meeting when she walked in I went to shake her hand as she introduced herself, she looked completely stunned that I was going to shake her hand, she backed away and then said "Oh no, I didn't wash my hands before I came in here" as an excuse to not shake my hand....are you fucking kidding me?? YOU ARE A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL AND JUST ADMITTED YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO BASIC HAND HYGIENE PRECATIONS BEFORE ENTERING A ROOM TO SEE YOUR PATIENT! I stopped seeing her after the second meeting, in which she was the same cold/rude Dr.Cote. Maybe go to the city?? Your attitude would be tolerated there.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Forget about arriving on time. on three appointments the best I got was 25 minutes wait. The other times were over an hour

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I went to see Dr Cote with concerns about hair loss. I am a female over 65 with high blood pressure. She spent very little time with me then told me to buy Rogaine, which I did. When I got home and opened the package it said it should not be used for females, those over 65 and not if they have high blood pressure!!! Luckily Rexall took it back...

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017