Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alexandre Kostirko

Dr kostiriko has been my regular dentist for over 20 years. He can do in 15 minutes what takes other dentists 45 minutes and the work will still be better quality, better looking and last longer. Very clean and professional hygienist who is also very good at her job. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Kostirko took over the practice (in Scarborough) when my previous dentist retired over 20 years ago. When he moved his office west, I did not hesitate to follow him there. It is not often that you hear the words "I love my dentist!" but it is a phrase I use. Dr. Kostirko is a gentle and kind professional. He stays current to all new procedures and takes time to explain. I am 100% satisfied with his work and do not hesitate to recommend him as a wonderful dentist. The hygenists and staff at the office are friendly and courtious. My visits to the dental office of Dr. Alexandre Kostirko are always pleasant.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

have been a patient of Dr. Kostirko at Bloor West Smiles for over 15 years. Under his exceptional care and with the support of his outstanding staff I have been able to regain and maintain my dental health. At the end of the day, choosing a health care professional for me mainly comes down to two major qualities: a highly caring passion for patient comfort and trust. Both are influenced by exceptional skill and experience, and over the 15 years of being his patient I have come to trust Dr. Kostirko 110%. I am not exactly the easiest patient to work with and my anxiety has in the past resulted in missed regular dental checkups leading to some serious problems. Fortunately, a friend recommended that I see Dr. Kostirko, his dentist. I was immediately impressed with Dr. Kostirko's understanding and patience with me. Other dentists were not a compassionate and I felt like I was being a burden to them. Over time, I have come to recognize and fully appreciate his superior dental skills and experience, they are unquestionable in my mind. Dr. Kostirko is extremely knowledgeable about modern dental practice and emerging trends in dentistry, he continually upgrades his professional credentials and it is very reassuring to know that as a patient. A great support team makes a difference. The dedicated staff members at Bloor West Smiles make sure that I'm very well looked after both during and in-between visits. There is always a friendly face to greet me and extend a warm smile and kind hospitality during my visits to help me prepare and get comfortable. The staff also seamlessly assist me when it come to scheduling and reminding me of pending appointments in addition submitting my dental claims for me. I am truly grateful to Dr. Kostirko and his dedicated team, it's most reassuring having them in my corner for all my dental needs. I count myself fortunate to be a patient at Bloor West Smiles dental! Peter B. Educator

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I would like to share my experience with Dr. Kostirko, who I have been a patient of for 27 years. When I first came to Dr. Kostirko’s office, I was in despair. I was slowly losing my teeth, one by one, due to a combination of natural tooth sensitivity and years of ineffectual dental care by other practitioners. I couldn’t find a professional who was able to see my dental needs holistically and provide me with comprehensive solutions. My teeth were very important to me as a woman who cares about her appearance, and also as a teacher, who values clear pronunciation during lessons. During my first checkup, Dr. Kostirko was able to understand my difficulties and discuss solutions to my problems, giving me hope for the future state of my teeth. Together, we went on a long journey of procedures. The result? My clean, bright, beautiful smile! Dr. Kostirko has an incredible amount of experience and deep knowledge in his profession. He also has outstanding surgical precision. I never felt any of the injections he performed. All the procedures I went through were very complicated but I always felt confident, being under his care. The office has the latest equipment, to provide truly modern and innovative dentistry services. In Dr. Kostirko’s office all the staff is absolutely fantastic. I always felt like at home. Clinicians, nurses and secretaries were all supportive during every procedure. Dr. Kostirko and his staff have had a big influence on my life. I am very thankful to them for returning my smile to me. I would suggest this office to every patient with dental problems, big or small.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Dear Sylwia, thank you for sharing your experience and rave review. We are grateful for the opportunity to have served and walked with you during all these years.

Submitted October 16, 2017

Very happy experience with Dr Kostirko and Bloor West Smiles - quick and professional service exactly when I needed it. I broke my front tooth right before my vacation trip - and the very next day Dr saw me and provided stable temporary repair that will last until I come back. Then I'm going to have permanent solution done - which works for me perfectly. Staff is very knowledgeable and courteous, on time and efficient. Thanks Doctor!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

My husband and I have been patients of Dr Kostirko's for over 25 years. We followed him to his Bloor West location from his Scarborough practice, and have no issue travelling the distance to continue to see him. I feel 100% confident in his work whether it be filling a cavity or a complex emergency issue. Dr Kostirko has never failed to deliver excellent work.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr . Kostirko is my dentist and he is a highly experienced dentist that really knows dentistry . He always makes sure that I understand and am aware of everything he is doing . Over the years I have had several fillings and root canals with him and he has excellent needle skills because I never have felt anything when he has frozen me and I have never had a bad experience during or after any treatment . I sincerely recommend Dr. Kostirko because I know that he does very good work.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr. Kostirko was referred to me by my new neighbours when I first moved into the area over 10 years ago and I have been a patient ever since. I always recommend him to my family and friends because I know he is honest in his recommendations and his work is meticulous . Every time I come in for an appointment I know I can expect warm and friendly staff.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Been a patient of Dr. Kostirko for about 6 years. I recently completed major dental work after finally being fed up with not the prettiest of front teeth. The treatment was purely cosmetic and I appreciate the fact that I was never pushed or given a hard sell to do the treatment when I would go in for my regular checkups and cleaning. Dr. Kostirko respectfully waited until I was ready and he did an artistically perfect job with matching the colour and shape of my new crowns to my existing teeth.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I have been a patient for 20 years. When I had an emergency I was offered an appointment in 2 weeks! I was forced to switch dentists after 20 years only because Urszula (the office manager) is by far the most incompetent person that you will ever encounter and it is very regretable

Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Dear Ms. P.C. I apologize for not being able to give you an appointment on the specific date and time you were requesting. I was not able to do so because Dr. Kostirko was not working that particular day. I understand that trying to find another suitable appointment became frustrating, especially since your first appointment date of choice was not possible. Dr. Kostirko, myself and the rest of the team are very happy to have recently had you back for treatment. We look forward to providing you with another 20 years of caring and experienced dentistry. Sincerely, Urszula Z. (practice manager)

Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union