Ratings for Dr. Alexandre Kostirko

Dr. Kostirko was referred to me by my new neighbours when I first moved into the area over 10 years ago and I have been a patient ever since. I always recommend him to my family and friends because I know he is honest in his recommendations and his work is meticulous . Every time I come in for an appointment I know I can expect warm and friendly staff.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Been a patient of Dr. Kostirko for about 6 years. I recently completed major dental work after finally being fed up with not the prettiest of front teeth. The treatment was purely cosmetic and I appreciate the fact that I was never pushed or given a hard sell to do the treatment when I would go in for my regular checkups and cleaning. Dr. Kostirko respectfully waited until I was ready and he did an artistically perfect job with matching the colour and shape of my new crowns to my existing teeth.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I have been a patient for 20 years. When I had an emergency I was offered an appointment in 2 weeks! I was forced to switch dentists after 20 years only because Urszula (the office manager) is by far the most incompetent person that you will ever encounter and it is very regretable

Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Dear Ms. P.C. I apologize for not being able to give you an appointment on the specific date and time you were requesting. I was not able to do so because Dr. Kostirko was not working that particular day. I understand that trying to find another suitable appointment became frustrating, especially since your first appointment date of choice was not possible. Dr. Kostirko, myself and the rest of the team are very happy to have recently had you back for treatment. We look forward to providing you with another 20 years of caring and experienced dentistry. Sincerely, Urszula Z. (practice manager)

Submitted April 27, 2016

I have been patient for several years, but was never comfortable with this dentist. He is always in a rush; has another patient or 2 in different rooms and runs back an forth. He is rude to his staff and patients. He has no time to listen to your concerns. The staff in the front is no different. I have never seen them smile. And if you do have a question you feel that you are bothering them. They are really efficient in collecting your money thou. I suspect that lots of patients are unhappy, so they are making sure they get paid before the procedure. I always give people a second chance and we all have bad days, but I had enough at this point and I am not coming back.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Response by Urszula Z. (practice manager): I apologize if our practice fell short in anyway and we take your feedback seriously as we always strive for a higher level of service and always aim to treat our patients with courtesy and respect .We regret that you did not feel this way. Including myself, more than half of the dental team have happily been at the practice for over 12 years and the working environment is based on mutual respect for each other on a daily basis. Our practice has been established for well over 20 years and up until recently Dr. Kostirko has been the sole practitioner servicing his patients together with our dental hygienists. Most days we have patients on record calling in for an emergency and although we reserve specific times throughout the day to accommodate our patient's request to be seen on the same day , there are times when our patients cannot ayyend at the set times due to work commitments etc....with this type of situation we are most often willing to accommodate our patients with the time that they request, which may result in a double booking and would have Dr. Kostirko treating patients in more than one operatory . We are happy to note that as of recently an associate dentist has joined the practice and this will certainly help to address some of your concerns.

Submitted January 18, 2016

Avoided the dentist for years, but severe pain forced me back. I am terrified of all needles and made sure Dr. Kostirko knew this, and he re-assured me that I was in good hands. I didn't even notice the freezing being done, and the procedure went by quickly and pain free. I still don't like going to the dentist but at least now I know who to go to. - Steve M.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have been a loyal patient for years and have only had positive experiences. I know Dr. Kostirko is a sold, experienced and amazing dentist. He does his work with exactness and confidence and the results in my mouth are proof. But what I was most impressed with, was that a friend of mine had a bad toothache and couldn't get an appointment to see his dentist for 2 days. I told him to go see Dr. Kostirko. It was 7pm on a Thursday, they stayed late and saw him that night, and got him out of pain. I have never had such an emergency, but I am 100% sure they would do the same for me, or anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

This is my experience with Dr. Kostirko and his team Just to mention that Dr. Kostirko is not my regular dentist. I intended to give him a try, as my regular dentist is located far away. I never wrote a review before, but this time I feel compelled to share my experience with others. The receptionists are very skilled in making sure they will collect the money for the service. There’s nothing wrong with this, but I got the feeling that that’s their main purpose. When I was calling to book appointments, they were submitting “predetermination” claims to my insurance company right after the phone call was ending – without informing me. I am assuming they were doing that to make sure my insurance is still active. They couldn’t have the courtesy or the trust to ask me about my insurance. Once, during our phone conversation regarding my future upcoming appointment, they informed me that I have to pay upfront for the service. I asked why can’t they wait for the insurance response, and their answer was “somebody must pay Dr. Kostirko”. On my last visit (it was a cleaning) they asked me again to pay for the service. I asked them to submit my claim online while I was waiting there. Sure enough, my insurance covered all the fees. I don’t know if Dr. Kostirko is a good dentist or not. The only work he did on me was a redone of an old root canal. After a few months, I told him that I don’t think that the procedure was successful, as the abscess I had is still there. His response was “I think we should just leave it”. I liked their hygienist; she was very kind and thoroughly. I decided that Dr. Kostirko practice is not a good fit for me. I was successful in finally finding a great dentist. In order to save me money, they suggested to get the XRays records (including a full panoramic picture) taken at Dr. Kostirko’s office mailed to them. The receptionist at the new place called Dr. Kostirko’s office weekly to ask if my records have been mailed. Every time they said “Yes”, but when asked about the mailing date, they said “they don’t know”, as the other receptionist did it. After 4 weeks of still not having my records, I called myself, and again the person who answered the phone said they have been mailed out but she doesn’t know when. I asked her to call my new dentist’s receptionist to figure the things out, as I had an appointment scheduled in a few days. She said she will do that, but she never did. My appointment came and I needed to pay for all the XRays again. A week after my appointment, new office finally got the XRays. The two offices are located a few Kilometers away, and it took 5 weeks for my documents to arrive. Dr. Kostirko’s personal were so skilled in collecting money for their service, but they showed indifference and non-professionalism when it was about the potential of saving me money by sending me my records.

Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Thank you for your review and I am truly sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent experience. Everyday, members of my team and I take much pride in providing our patients with quality dental care in both our clinical and administrative services. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with our dental hygienist; she loves her profession and has an amazing ability to pass on her love of dentistry to her hygiene patients. As for the administrative team , it is not common for our patients to not have their requests attended to immediately - that is what the practice as a whole strives for everyday. I regret that we caused you any inconveniences and I would be happy to rectify any issues with you directly. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service your dental needs. Sincerely, Dr. Kostirko

Submitted November 12, 2014

The doctor is rude and incompetent. I would NOT recommend him to anyone.

Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's response
Dear Ms. D.M, we greatly value all contributions from our patients . Based on your departing remarks to the administrative and clinical team we understand your frustrations with your current dental health. Although you were a new patient and visited the practice primarily for a consultation I had to be clear in my explanation to you that I could not provide dental services that you were requesting because they were below the proper standard of care that a dentist should provide to their patients. I do wish you all the best in your search for a dentist. Sincerely, Dr.Kostirko

Submitted November 12, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Kostirko for almost 15 years. He is by far the best in his field. After we have moved to Richmond Hill we have tried to find a dentist closer but it turned out to be a disaster - Dr Rakhinshteyn L removed a perfectly healthy tooth! We went back to Dr Kostirko, he fixed everything and we are very happy! He is the best!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

I had an emergency toothache and Dr.Kostirko and his staff were so accomodating. They took me in the same day (accomodating the time that I requested) and got me out of pain immediately. His expertise in dentistry is amazing - I had no pain during my root canal treatment . His staff was also friendly and always make the insurance claim process as easy as possible. I will be a patient for life!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients