Ratings for Dr. Jason Lehr

Where do I start? Dr. Lehr and his entire staff have always and continue to make my feet the happiest. If you want great foot care from down to earth professionals, then go and see Dr. Lehr and his crew!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

In Feb 2017, I booked in to see Dr. Jason Lehr for a first appointment to assess my foot problem (bunions). In other podiatrist clinics previously, they would examine my feet and/or take x-ray of the affected joints and the doctor would examine these and explain to me the progress of the disease and the right course of treatment. With Foot Institute, the clinic has a lady (tech? assistant?) look at my foot me while I was waiting for the doctor; she then scanned my foot to make a pair of orthotics assuming that this was what I would need even before the doctor saw me. The doctor did not x-ray my foot and I have no idea how my joint deformity has progressed. They seemed to assume that I came in for a pair of orthotics. At check-out, they charged me $629.00 for the orthotics which I wasn't sure I needed. I also wasn't sure I wanted to have the orthotics done with them because I had been used to having a cast/mould of my feet rather than scans. Within an hour after the appointment in the afternoon, I called the clinic to cancel after some research of the two methods. But I was only able to leave a voicemail as the clinic has no direct line. The clinic did not return my call until 11am the next day and told me that there was no way to cancel. They could refund only a portion of the money. Since I didn't want to lose over a hundred dollars for nothing, I went along with it. However, when I picked up the orthotics, I noticed that they had a 1-2mm bump in the middle. I could not wear them even for more than a couple minutes. They said that they would send them back to the lab to smooth out that bump. But that never got fixed. They kept making me go back to the clinic to pick up the same pair of orthotics with the same issue and each time, Dr. Lehr would say they would send them back to the lab to be fixed but they were never fixed. The bump in the middle of the orthotics would make wearing them very uncomfortable. I have had three pairs of custom orthotics made by other podiatrists and have never seen this issue before. They kept blaming the lab but we could not contact the lab to have the issue resolved. They make the appointments to see Dr. Lehr rather challenging too. One time, they called me five minutes before an appointment and announced that the doctor decided to cancel the clinic that morning on Stampede Parade Friday. Another time, they called one day before the appointment to say that the doctor had checked the orthotics and decided to send them back to the lab. These appointments were weeks of waiting in between. It's been six months since I paid in full and I am still without the pair of orthotics they think I need. I had to call and complain to the person who does bookings in Edmonton. Eventually, she got me speaking to Karen their manager. Karen told me that the clinic should not have refused to cancel the orthotics in the first place as they have patients who change their minds and cancel even one day after as it is perfectly doable. So she suggested that I speak to the clinic but the clinic booked me in for an appointment, which I waited weeks for, and called me just one day before to tell me that they didn't need to see me anymore, they would just issue a partial refund and cancelled my appointment. But I never accepted that as a resolution. And I never received any refund. I called Karen again but she did not return calls or messages. The staff who answered the phone today even hanged up on me. It's the worst practice I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I am a big fan of Dr. Lehr. He has been exceptionally helpful and accessible. He is the most responsive doctor I have seen. He explains things well, and he will use models and diagrams to supplement his explanations.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr. Lehr foot care is number one. Long time patient who always looks forward to seeing Dr. Lehr’s smiling face. Great foot doctor and I could go on forever about everything in this office.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

What a ripp off. told me I didnt need to do anything and to just monitor. Then charged me $60 without telling me in advance.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I really love visiting Dr. Jason for my poor foot problems. He is efficient and thorough. Everywhere I look in this office I see nothing but happy people, clients and staff alike. Dr. Jason and all, keep up the terrific job.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Jason makes every visit very pleasant. Dedicated and efficient and personality plus. That is why I have been coming for over 4 years and will continue to keep coming.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Fantastic surgeon with the best bedside manner. Made extra time for all my questions and has the most wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Jason was the best podiatrist I have ever seen. He was very gracious and took the time to listen. He made me feel comfortable right away and did an amazing job!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

The Foot Institute has great doctors and Dr. Lehr one of the best. Let me say he was very respectful to me as a patient. He treated my bone spur and Plantar Fasciitis. I'm still under the doctor’s care but feel I will have a positive outcome and will be pain free.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017