Ratings for Dr. Glenn Gero

The moment I sat in Dr. Gero’s office I felt like I knew him for years . We spent a long time talking about me and all my issues and by the next visit I had a whole book explaining what my issues were. three weeks later i am feeling phenomenal . The doctors claimed that I have Hashimoto’s and I’ve had it since I’m 1 The doctors claimed that I have Hashimoto’s for the last 33yrs. Dr Gero was able to assist me in all the issues I was having from not sleeping well ,feeling bloated , feeling tired, having joint aches and pains all with in one visit . I would highly recommend this wonderful doctor ! Barbara is a doll to work with as well

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Gero does a great job focusing his treatment of the underlying causes of your illness rather than just masking the symptoms of your disease. Before I met Dr. Gero, I was very frustrated as no physician listened to my complaints of weight gain and bloating. To me, it made no sense as to why I was gaining weight as I am very active doing HIIT, CrossFit, running, and Zumba 6 days a week and was following a strict healthy diet which consisted of whole grains, vegetables, etc. My own PCP was clueless and kept referring me to various nutritionists who gave me contradicting advice on how/what to eat. Some said I need to eat more calories, others said eat fewer calories, and others said I was working out too much. Although that was frustrating, it wasn't until I started to get eczema and acne that fueled me to look into alternative recommendations as I was convinced it was all connected. By pure luck, I was recommended to Dr. Gero by word of mouth. Prior to Dr. Gero, I had never gone to a naturopath so I was very skeptical. However, when I saw improvements within two weeks to my eczema, acne, and weight, any skepticism disappeared. He is a very skilled and knowledgeable physician who does a great job looking at the entire picture before diagnosing. He was the only one to notice I had a gluten sensitivity. He is a great listener that is open to discussing upcoming treatments and their validity. He also does a great job incorporating your own gut instincts and research/education into his treatment when it is applicable or simply explaining why the suggestion may not be the right fit for you. He also does a very fabulous job reading blood results (a trait I thought was mandatory for providers to be good at but apparently is not) to determine the root cause of your problems and the best nutritional supplements you should take to improve your way of life. Overall, I was very impressed with the medical approach he used with me to treat the underlying cause of the problems instead of my symptoms to improve my way of life. Therefore, I personally would recommend him to anyone suffering from a systemic or chronic disease willing/wishing to improve their way of life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I came to Dr. Gero suffering from severe eczema all over my body. Before him I had seen dermatologists, allergists, internists and all they could do was prescribe steroids or medication that did not work in the long run. Dr. Gero looked at my diet, lifestyle, and did some testing. After following his treatments I am not almost 90% free of symptoms. I feel like I have my life back. He is wonderful doctor that spends the time with you that is needed to find the root cause and taylor a path toward healing that is specific to you and your body. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

For years I've suffered from fatigue, inability to lose weight and hair loss. I had thought that these were symptoms of underactive thyroid, but had always been told by my doctors that my thyroid was "normal." After Dr. Gero checked all of my thyroid levels, however, he revealed that my thyroid was sub-optimal. He was the only one who asked that I have a complete thyroid panel. It was then discovered (for the first time) that my thyroid antibodies were elevated, which affected the way my thyroid was working. Dr. Gero advised that I check for gluten sensitivity (of which I tested positive) and take a few supplements. It's now been three months since and the difference has been amazing. My energy levels have been restored, I've lost six pounds and I don't see globs of my hair in the sink. I do recommend that people perform a more complete analysis, especially if they think that they may have a thyroid issue.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Finally a doctor who listened to me! Several months ago I experienced a catastrophic event which caused me to "freak out." I was brought to a mental hospital and was classified as bi-polar. This was the first time in my 41 years that I ever experienced a manic episode. I had been seen by at least six doctors and none of them ever asked if this had ever occured before. I was then put on a cocktail of multiple drugs which made me worse. It wasn't until I visited Dr. Gero, who was the first doctor who listened to me and asked if I had ever experienced this level of psychiatric problem before. He has helped me, with the help of a new psychiatrist, to start getting off some of these meds and replacing them with a better diet, exercise and a more optimistic outlook. I'm not yet 100%, but I'm significantly better and my expectations and confidence that I'll get there is fantastic. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't made the call to see Dr. Gero. This was the best investment in my health ever.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

I came to see Dr. Gero for weight loss. I tried so many times in the past, but was always disappointed, This is the first time I've been motivated and encouraged. Dr. Gero set up an easy to follow dietary regimen for me and gave me an exercise plan that I love. My body fat percentage has declined significantly my clothes fit better and I really feel good about myself for the first time in many years. This is the best experience I've ever had at any doctor. I certainly recommend Dr Gero.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

I've had awful eczema for years. And it could never be controlled. When i came to Dr. Gero, he realized that art of my problem was a significant gluten sensitivity. He recommended several supplements and a strict gluten free diet. Ive now been symptom free for four months. I love you, Dr. Gero.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

When I first saw Dr. Gero on October 20, 2017, I was 261 pounds. I had no self esteem and was totally embarrassed to go out socially. I’ve been faithfully following Dr. Gero’s recommendations and have steadily lost about 10 to 15 pounds a month. Today at my monthly visit I am down to 220 with a six percent loss of body fat. My friends and relatives have all noticed how good I’m looking. I’m feeling great and while I know I’ve got some more to go, I am now proud to show off my new body. Thank you, Dr. Gero, you are the best!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I've been to so many doctors in my life (all conventional medical doctors), and I am so glad I made the switch to an ND, particularly Dr. Gero. Never have I ever met a doctor as dedicated, caring, thorough, honest, and knowledegable as Dr. Gero. You can tell how much he cares about helping his patients by the amount of time he spends with them and the effort that goes into treating them. I would hands down recommend Dr. Gero to anyone wishing to improve their overall health and wellbeing.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I visited Dr. Gero a month ago regarding issues with bloating, anxiety, hormone balance, and weight. I originally thought my issues with bloating and hormones were related to PCOS, however, Dr. Gero was able to analyze my blood reports and said that I probably did not have the condition. Instead, he recommended other remedies for my bloating. I have been taking Dr. Gero’s recommendations for a month now and feel AMAZING!! I am a 20 year old female in college, and I swear have never felt better. Through Dr. Gero’s recommendations, I have had way less gastro related issues- I used to even wake up bloated- and now I barely feel that at all. As a result, I am way more comfortable and happier. My stress and anxiety has also become more manageable and I feel more capable of balancing rigorous schoolwork, GPA, and pretty much anything that comes with being a 20-something year old in the modern world. Having been a former college athlete used to intense exercise, I have now taken up running and walking everyday, which has definitely helped with stress and weight. I’ll be honest, having never tried naturopathy, I was not sure if it would work, but for anyone considering it, GO FOR IT! Dr. Gero’s expertise in this area is outstanding, and he truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018