Ratings for Dr. Glenn Gero

I have battled with stomach issues ( amongst other things ) that “top doctors” couldn’t seem to resolve for me after tests and medications. Dr Gero was recommended to me and has been the answer I was looking for! Educated, informative, thorough, result oriented compassionate and has a sense of humor, Dr Gero is a delight and I am grateful for all of his knowledge that he is so willing to share! Unlike any Dr.s appointment I have ever been to. Thank you Dr Gero!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

The radiologist asked me today what cream I'm using on my skin because it looks so good after 4 weeks of radiation. I told him - nothing! I'm using faith in God and the human body's ability to heal, and the dietary supplements from my doctor Glenn B Gero, The nurse asked me what I've been doing so I told her about eating whole plant foods with fiber to keep glycemic levels down and cutting out sugar/carbs because cancer loves sugar, per the advice of Dr Glenn B Gero and using his supplements. She was being polite but I could tell by the lack of recognition in her eyes she didn't know what I was talking about! I left the appointment thinking I just told a doctor and nurse "what's what"! Thank you Dr Glenn B Gero for the amazing results - you have educated me and guided me in the right direction.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

I’ve been seeing different specialists for over 5 years trying to find out why I felt so horrible on a daily basis. Years of tests and $50 copays and nothing... In 30 minutes Dr. Gerro diagnosed a wheat allergy and I’m on way way to feeling whole again. Fantastic doctor, very personable and extremely knowledgeable. Highly recommend. Worth every penny!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

I have suffered from anxiety virtually all of my life, but recently my anxiety got so severe that I had to be hospitalized and put on powerful tranquilizer drugs. I knew I had to do something affirmative to alter this downward spiral that I was experiencing. I received Dr. Gero's name as referral from a respected colleague from work. I can, honestly, say that after making some modest lifestyle changes and four sessions of biofeedback, I am a new person. No longer am I fretting over minor instances and worrying needlessly about things that I cannot do anything about. Dr. Gero is brilliant! He gave me tools that I now am able to utilize to temper my anxieties, fears, apprehensions and mood. I am, and will be forever grateful, for the time and patience that Dr. Gero bestowed. For anyone experiencing the symptoms I had, I strongly recommend Dr. Gero. This was genuinely the best present I could have given myself.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Dr. Gero is an excellent naturopathic doctor in every way. He has assisted me in developing a more nutritious diet that does not include Sugar and dairy products. He has helped me significantly recognize the importance of exercising, sleeping more as well. Barbara is very helpful in the front desk as well. I highly recommend Dr. G!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

The moment I sat in Dr. Gero’s office I felt like I knew him for years . We spent a long time talking about me and all my issues and by the next visit I had a whole book explaining what my issues were. three weeks later i am feeling phenomenal . The doctors claimed that I have Hashimoto’s and I’ve had it since I’m 1 The doctors claimed that I have Hashimoto’s for the last 33yrs. Dr Gero was able to assist me in all the issues I was having from not sleeping well ,feeling bloated , feeling tired, having joint aches and pains all with in one visit . I would highly recommend this wonderful doctor ! Barbara is a doll to work with as well

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Gero does a great job focusing his treatment of the underlying causes of your illness rather than just masking the symptoms of your disease. Before I met Dr. Gero, I was very frustrated as no physician listened to my complaints of weight gain and bloating. To me, it made no sense as to why I was gaining weight as I am very active doing HIIT, CrossFit, running, and Zumba 6 days a week and was following a strict healthy diet which consisted of whole grains, vegetables, etc. My own PCP was clueless and kept referring me to various nutritionists who gave me contradicting advice on how/what to eat. Some said I need to eat more calories, others said eat fewer calories, and others said I was working out too much. Although that was frustrating, it wasn't until I started to get eczema and acne that fueled me to look into alternative recommendations as I was convinced it was all connected. By pure luck, I was recommended to Dr. Gero by word of mouth. Prior to Dr. Gero, I had never gone to a naturopath so I was very skeptical. However, when I saw improvements within two weeks to my eczema, acne, and weight, any skepticism disappeared. He is a very skilled and knowledgeable physician who does a great job looking at the entire picture before diagnosing. He was the only one to notice I had a gluten sensitivity. He is a great listener that is open to discussing upcoming treatments and their validity. He also does a great job incorporating your own gut instincts and research/education into his treatment when it is applicable or simply explaining why the suggestion may not be the right fit for you. He also does a very fabulous job reading blood results (a trait I thought was mandatory for providers to be good at but apparently is not) to determine the root cause of your problems and the best nutritional supplements you should take to improve your way of life. Overall, I was very impressed with the medical approach he used with me to treat the underlying cause of the problems instead of my symptoms to improve my way of life. Therefore, I personally would recommend him to anyone suffering from a systemic or chronic disease willing/wishing to improve their way of life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I came to Dr. Gero suffering from severe eczema all over my body. Before him I had seen dermatologists, allergists, internists and all they could do was prescribe steroids or medication that did not work in the long run. Dr. Gero looked at my diet, lifestyle, and did some testing. After following his treatments I am not almost 90% free of symptoms. I feel like I have my life back. He is wonderful doctor that spends the time with you that is needed to find the root cause and taylor a path toward healing that is specific to you and your body. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

For years I've suffered from fatigue, inability to lose weight and hair loss. I had thought that these were symptoms of underactive thyroid, but had always been told by my doctors that my thyroid was "normal." After Dr. Gero checked all of my thyroid levels, however, he revealed that my thyroid was sub-optimal. He was the only one who asked that I have a complete thyroid panel. It was then discovered (for the first time) that my thyroid antibodies were elevated, which affected the way my thyroid was working. Dr. Gero advised that I check for gluten sensitivity (of which I tested positive) and take a few supplements. It's now been three months since and the difference has been amazing. My energy levels have been restored, I've lost six pounds and I don't see globs of my hair in the sink. I do recommend that people perform a more complete analysis, especially if they think that they may have a thyroid issue.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Finally a doctor who listened to me! Several months ago I experienced a catastrophic event which caused me to "freak out." I was brought to a mental hospital and was classified as bi-polar. This was the first time in my 41 years that I ever experienced a manic episode. I had been seen by at least six doctors and none of them ever asked if this had ever occured before. I was then put on a cocktail of multiple drugs which made me worse. It wasn't until I visited Dr. Gero, who was the first doctor who listened to me and asked if I had ever experienced this level of psychiatric problem before. He has helped me, with the help of a new psychiatrist, to start getting off some of these meds and replacing them with a better diet, exercise and a more optimistic outlook. I'm not yet 100%, but I'm significantly better and my expectations and confidence that I'll get there is fantastic. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't made the call to see Dr. Gero. This was the best investment in my health ever.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018