Ratings for Dr. Safi Magharius

Thanks Mckenzie towne family dental Dr. M and staff

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I admire his professional and honesty, informed me of all the options available for my case.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I have been seeing this dentist for several years, and each year has left me feeling more and more suspicious. Dr. Cam Brothers was great, and Dr. M. is very friendly. However, he tried to do sealants TWICE on my son (my fault for not paying attention; the insurance company caught the issue, though) and now we're hearing all about preventive BS fillings. I did let this dentist do my first fillings EVER, at 40+ years of age, and he did a terrible job. Lots of nerve pain for months after. Now I've been told the fillings have "chipped" and I have a "pinhole" that needs filling. Going to cancel. This "pinhole" was found with the naked eye, so I call BS. I'm sick that I let this man do fillings on my kids. No more. We are done. Staff turnover is high; red flag.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

He is an incompetent dentist. Does not know what he is doing, doesn’t protect your mouth when doing dental work… My filling caused me more toothache after his treatment than before. He insisted there was nothing wrong. I had to see another dentist to get it fixed properly. Avoid this dentist at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Really liked previous dentist (Cam Brothers), and not sure why I kept going once Dr. M took over... While he is a nice person, I have had nothing but bad experiences with his work. Crowns that failed multiple times, causing lots of pain. They kept suggesting that I redo fillings, even though these fillings were not old. My mouthy is in worse shape now than ever, it seems after every appointment there is a new issue... overall I'm disappointed in the quality of work done, and have now booked elsewhere to have the situation corrected.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

The previous dentist (Dr Cam Brothers) was excellent, but since this fella bought the practice, things have been going downhill. Shoddy work, fillings are deteriorating and cracking after only 2 years. There seems to be a lot of pressure on the dental hygienists to generate more work, as they are always looking for new "problems" in my mouth. Once they spent over 15 minutes photographing my tongue so they could document "bite marks" and prescribe me a device for when I sleep. Cracked fillings are blamed on clenching, but I've never had that problem before. Very high turnover of dental hygienists and front staff tells me there's something going on here.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Questionable advice. Sketchy. Leaves you wondering if his recommendations and solutions are necessary or a pitch to take advantage of insurance money? I've visited this dentist many times and could write an entire book. Suffice to say that I would never visit this dentist again. I've had 6 or 7 "preventative fillings," to which I still haven't gotten a good explanation for. A botched root canal that ended up in months of pain and not being able to eat properly. And it's genuinely questionable whether or not I needed the root canal in the first place. My husband won't go back because of the treatment there. They were extremely rough and his jaw was sore for a week after a simple cleaning. Find another dentist.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I am a dental assistant, worked with Dr. M, wouldn't let him do my dental work if you paid me. He cross contaminated - he touched things with dirty hands, it doesn't get cleaned, then during your procedure it could be picked up by his gloves and put into your mouth. There are protocols in place to prevent this but he wasn't following them. Saw him scratch his head with gloves then put them in patient mouth many times. Doesn't use air or water when drilling, can cause hypersensitivity or kill nerve in tooth leading to pain and or root canal. He told me to misrepresent the type of filling done - this is sent to insurance and is fraud. Dr. M would arrive 20 mins after first patient was due to start. Front desk staff Holly & Jackie were often aggressive, rude to staff & patients, I found myself apologizing to patients for that. Dr. M is very nice to patients, just because someone is nice doesn't mean they do good work. I'd expand more on all this if I wasn't limited to 1000 characters.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Absolutely HORRIBLE. Dr. Magharius cannot speak English properly and he is very rude. He needs to go back to Cario and practice dentistry over there. Canadian dentists have a good reputation. He's ruining it. Now I know what CBC was talking about with varying treatment plans between dentists. It's because of idiots like him. Make sure you look at credentials before going to any doctor. SAY NO TO FOREIGN TRAIN.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

They want to generate as much money as possible without any reason..I was asked to do a fillings.When I asked for a second opinion,the dentist was surprised that some would even talk about filling without any valid reason. They want to make sure there is a booking before leaving the office..

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012