Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Hallas

As a resident doctor he tries very hard to be kind, and is very sweet in his approach to a senior citizen. Where I hope he will improve is protecting and putting his patients first, even against the bullying of colleagues. When I recently came to him for help, in obvious and severe emotional distress, he made the decision to consult a colleague, allowing him to verbally rip me to shreds while sitting there mute. While not understanding the insult at the time, I stammered and stood in shock, trying to joke my discomfort away. Dr Hallis doesn't know me well, but he should have had enough insight to understand I was emotionally unstable in that moment and come to my defense, at the least chiding his colleague for such a sheer absence of tact or compassion. As a result I have been slandered, humiliated, devastated and brought to a new emotional low that I fear I may never truly recover from. So complete is my humiliation that I cannot now face the thought of returning to his office again.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014