Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Aristizabal

This office is a mess! They never call you with their results, and if you call you must called x20 to actually get someone on phone! Office is so disorganized, will not be returning back and their mid wife is not the best!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

There have been multiple times when I have called this office and they have not gotten back to me. They are too busy to provide good service to their clients. I switched to the Childbirth Center in Clifton, because I did not want to be pregnant and have a hard time getting a hold of my doctor and not have my calls returned.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. A. since early 2013 and have had MANY appointments with her. I don't think there's a better OB/GYN than Dr. A. She is smart, thorough, and has wonderful bedside manner. Her practice provides a holistic approach to obstetrics, which meets a woman's medical, nutritional, physical, and emotional needs, among others. The office is beautiful. Occasionally, I have to wait a half hour past my appointment time, but way more often she's on time or within 10 minutes. All of the staff is friendly and helpful. The only downside to Wombkeepers is that it can be difficult to get someone on the phone and/or to call you back for routine appointments/questions. The best way to get an appointment is online through their website (not by leaving a voicemail) and in any urgent situation, Dr. A.'s direct number is available to reach her immediately (as someone who's had to use it several times over the course of multiple pregnancies, I can tell you she will always answer). I recommend Wombkeepers to any and every pregnant woman.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Unless you have the ability to pay extra for her mom to be a Doula you will run through the baby grinder. I'd be curious how many C-Sections are done to actual births. She's a good doctor in that she delivers TONS of babies. Daily. That's where the money is and that's the focus. If you want any personalized care, like what medication you should take while pregnant. You have to pay extra or look elsewhere. If you want someone who has incredible amounts of experience pulling babies out of women, she does almost 300 births a year.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I wanted an ob that would be a partner with my husband and I in bringing our child into this world and to have the most natural experience possible. Dr. A filled that requirement and so much more. I am a plus size, older (aged 40) first time mom. I have experienced discrimination due to my size in the past and was very worried about it in finding an ob. Dr A treated me with respect and dignity. She listened to all of my concerns and when the time came she was a true partner in helping me achieve the birth I wanted. We truly decided each step together. The practice has so many classes, support groups, and resources that I found the holistic approach to birth very reassuring. Do yourself a favor, ignore these crazies that say she is fake. I've known many doctors in many areas of expertise and she is by far one of the best.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Dr. A is an AMAZING doctor. She's very knowledgeable, calming and helpful. I would not go to any doctor to help me. That's how top notch she is. But unfortunately, her staff is showing a much lower standard. They barely pick up the phone. And once they do they're clueless, they promise to call back which never happens. This practice does not prioritize gyn patients, there is simply no time for us. I'll come back to Dr. A when it's time for another baby but not for gyn. issues.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Such a warm and welcoming place the Dr is so knowledgable and puts you at ease while handing sometimes urgent issues. The best doctor to have deliver your baby and the doulas are amazing as well as Cathie the office manager she helped me so much with so many things throughout my nine months

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Please read carefully! This has taken me many months to have the courage to tell my story. My initial meeting with Dr A was very pleasant. Her staff was helpful. I went to every appointment and as I continued to go I saw how they began to slack with their concern for me. Dr A herself has her favorite patients who she genuinely takes time for. I became more and more aware of her fake persona. It was not until I was ready to deliver that I noticed how little regard she has for her patients. She is all about the Natural Child birth and thrives on how she has many vaginal deliveries. Here is when it all went completely down hill. At 34 weeks Dr A was very aware that my child was not going to fit through successfully. She scheduled me to be induced at 38 weeks. There was nothing natural about the chain of events that occurred A balloon had to be placed inside me to help me dilate this involved a nurse laying on top of me and pushing her whole hand inside of me it took my husband my mother and an attending nurse to hold me down during that process. After that was over I cried so hard and asked my husband if we can go home and come back tomorrow. Twenty hours later after only dilating 6cm Dr A came in my room for the first time and asked if I would like to labor longer. She knew at 34 weeks my child would not fit 26 hours of labor I was forced to make the decision to have a c section. My son swallowed so much merconiam and was jolted so much that it took a few minutes to finally hear his first cry. While lying there he shook across my chest so bad and I couldnt hold him from all the drugs I had in my system. Upon closing me they noted that I bled 3 times more than the average person. Dr A had the audacity to tell my mom I made a great decision because my child would never have come out vaginally. That evening I came to find out I was not the only patient that was induced after being told their child would not fit three woman that evening delivered Csections by Dr A had their child placed in the NICU My son spent 18 days in the NICU to this day many months later he still has health issues. I feel she makes terrible decisions She wants everyone to deliver naturally regardless of their situation. She has no bedside manner. I would never send anyone to her. I want more than anything to have another child But I see the fear and pain in a flashback every time I think about it.

Submitted December 3, 2015

Words cannot describe how amazing Wombkeepers are. Dr. A is the most comforting and knowledgeable Dr. I've ever encountered. I saw Dr. A during my pregnancy, she delivered my baby and I've been seeing her for regular check-ups and other issues. If she moves to the moon, I'll make sure she stays my OBGYN. Thanks to Dr. A I had a wonderful experience during my pregnancy, she always answered my questions in a relaxed but very knowledgeable way. During childbirth she was very caring and only listened to what I wanted, she knew how I wanted to give birth and respected that. Wombkeepers have a good way of taking care of their pregnant mommies-to-be, before and after. I loved the fact that they have a post-partum concierge. Hypnobirthing class was a great preparation. If you're looking for a Dr. with a holistic mentality, then you've come to the right place. I love Wombkeepers!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Probably one of the worst doctor I ever met. I was so excited to start off with a new young gyn doctor, but little did I know I was going to regret it. Staff members are not friendly at all, especially office manager, she was nothing but rude! Ive might've called like 5x a day and I never get an answer. I switched out of her office, not only because of their disorganization they had there, but because Dr. Aristizabal wasn't want I excepted. She rushed me through all my appointments, I did notice she did have her own favorites, where she will take her time and convers with them. But others (like me) was rushed out. I was bleeding at the beginning off my pregnancy and when I called her, she never answered or dare to return my call. Worst doctor ever, people make her seem like she's the best, well shes NOT! she will make you feel neglected, while she has her favorites on the side Unacceptable!

Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Michelle A. Aristizabal's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Top Hospitals in Montclair, NJ