Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Aristizabal

Unless you have the ability to pay extra for her mom to be a Doula you will run through the baby grinder. I'd be curious how many C-Sections are done to actual births. She's a good doctor in that she delivers TONS of babies. Daily. That's where the money is and that's the focus. If you want any personalized care, like what medication you should take while pregnant. You have to pay extra or look elsewhere. If you want someone who has incredible amounts of experience pulling babies out of women, she does almost 300 births a year.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I wanted an ob that would be a partner with my husband and I in bringing our child into this world and to have the most natural experience possible. Dr. A filled that requirement and so much more. I am a plus size, older (aged 40) first time mom. I have experienced discrimination due to my size in the past and was very worried about it in finding an ob. Dr A treated me with respect and dignity. She listened to all of my concerns and when the time came she was a true partner in helping me achieve the birth I wanted. We truly decided each step together. The practice has so many classes, support groups, and resources that I found the holistic approach to birth very reassuring. Do yourself a favor, ignore these crazies that say she is fake. I've known many doctors in many areas of expertise and she is by far one of the best.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Dr. A is an AMAZING doctor. She's very knowledgeable, calming and helpful. I would not go to any doctor to help me. That's how top notch she is. But unfortunately, her staff is showing a much lower standard. They barely pick up the phone. And once they do they're clueless, they promise to call back which never happens. This practice does not prioritize gyn patients, there is simply no time for us. I'll come back to Dr. A when it's time for another baby but not for gyn. issues.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Such a warm and welcoming place the Dr is so knowledgable and puts you at ease while handing sometimes urgent issues. The best doctor to have deliver your baby and the doulas are amazing as well as Cathie the office manager she helped me so much with so many things throughout my nine months

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Please read carefully! This has taken me many months to have the courage to tell my story. My initial meeting with Dr A was very pleasant. Her staff was helpful. I went to every appointment and as I continued to go I saw how they began to slack with their concern for me. Dr A herself has her favorite patients who she genuinely takes time for. I became more and more aware of her fake persona. It was not until I was ready to deliver that I noticed how little regard she has for her patients. She is all about the Natural Child birth and thrives on how she has many vaginal deliveries. Here is when it all went completely down hill. At 34 weeks Dr A was very aware that my child was not going to fit through successfully. She scheduled me to be induced at 38 weeks. There was nothing natural about the chain of events that occurred A balloon had to be placed inside me to help me dilate this involved a nurse laying on top of me and pushing her whole hand inside of me it took my husband my mother and an attending nurse to hold me down during that process. After that was over I cried so hard and asked my husband if we can go home and come back tomorrow. Twenty hours later after only dilating 6cm Dr A came in my room for the first time and asked if I would like to labor longer. She knew at 34 weeks my child would not fit 26 hours of labor I was forced to make the decision to have a c section. My son swallowed so much merconiam and was jolted so much that it took a few minutes to finally hear his first cry. While lying there he shook across my chest so bad and I couldnt hold him from all the drugs I had in my system. Upon closing me they noted that I bled 3 times more than the average person. Dr A had the audacity to tell my mom I made a great decision because my child would never have come out vaginally. That evening I came to find out I was not the only patient that was induced after being told their child would not fit three woman that evening delivered Csections by Dr A had their child placed in the NICU My son spent 18 days in the NICU to this day many months later he still has health issues. I feel she makes terrible decisions She wants everyone to deliver naturally regardless of their situation. She has no bedside manner. I would never send anyone to her. I want more than anything to have another child But I see the fear and pain in a flashback every time I think about it.

Submitted December 3, 2015

Words cannot describe how amazing Wombkeepers are. Dr. A is the most comforting and knowledgeable Dr. I've ever encountered. I saw Dr. A during my pregnancy, she delivered my baby and I've been seeing her for regular check-ups and other issues. If she moves to the moon, I'll make sure she stays my OBGYN. Thanks to Dr. A I had a wonderful experience during my pregnancy, she always answered my questions in a relaxed but very knowledgeable way. During childbirth she was very caring and only listened to what I wanted, she knew how I wanted to give birth and respected that. Wombkeepers have a good way of taking care of their pregnant mommies-to-be, before and after. I loved the fact that they have a post-partum concierge. Hypnobirthing class was a great preparation. If you're looking for a Dr. with a holistic mentality, then you've come to the right place. I love Wombkeepers!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Probably one of the worst doctor I ever met. I was so excited to start off with a new young gyn doctor, but little did I know I was going to regret it. Staff members are not friendly at all, especially office manager, she was nothing but rude! Ive might've called like 5x a day and I never get an answer. I switched out of her office, not only because of their disorganization they had there, but because Dr. Aristizabal wasn't want I excepted. She rushed me through all my appointments, I did notice she did have her own favorites, where she will take her time and convers with them. But others (like me) was rushed out. I was bleeding at the beginning off my pregnancy and when I called her, she never answered or dare to return my call. Worst doctor ever, people make her seem like she's the best, well shes NOT! she will make you feel neglected, while she has her favorites on the side Unacceptable!

Submitted July 1, 2015

It's been 17 months since Dr. A delivered my baby girl, and I'm still pinching myself... how I get this lucky? Until I stepped foot into Wombkeepers, I never even thought to expect certain things from my doctor. All the OBGYNs I'd been to in the past were the same: practicing as though I was just another patient on a list of patients who get through. Walk in, ask a few questions, do exam, goodbye. Clinical feeling. Rude office staff. Dr. A and the Wombkeepers staff are the exact polar opposite! The office is seriously one of the most serene places I've ever been. The staff is lovely. And Dr. A... she is an angel! She spent 45 minutes just talking to me and getting to know me, hearing about previous pregnancy and birth, listening to my hopes and expectations for my upcoming birth. I didn't feel rushed AT ALL! I had the same experience during each consecutive visit. And my birth, with the help of Cathie the doula and Dr. A was everything I'd hoped for. I love Wombkeepers!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

First time patient, wasn't very welcoming when I came in. Employee was walking in the same time I arrived. Sat in waiting room for about 15mins until they finally got my paperwork going. Med tech had no idea what she was doing, looked confused. Waited another 15mins to see the doctor after that. Absurd. Doctor was pleasant. Expected more after reading all these great reviews about her. Wasn't to please, and wont be returning back.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

The Staff are ruining this practice, particularly the office manager. I had read great reviews about Dr. A online and was really excited to come to this practice. You need to book here about 2 months in advance, and scheduling is a challenge if you have a job. After various re-schedules, I arrived at my appointment only to find out Dr. A was out of the office for deliveries, which was disappointing but completely understandable. I decided to stay and wait to meet the midwife anyway. As I sat in the waiting room, I overheard the office manager/doula Cathy loudly talking to the receptionist about how insanely behind they were. I had blocked 2 hours for this doctors appointment, and after 30 minutes of waiting asked the office manager how delayed they were. She told me at least another 1.5 hours. She told me this is because they decided to double book patients from the day before, and then proceeded to complain that the patient before me hadn't been to a doctor for 2 years so who knows what medical issues she had and that it could be a while. HIPAA laws anyone?!?! The final straw for me, and reason I decided ultimately I won't come back to meet Dr. A was she told me that Dr. A prioritizes pregnant patients only, and then when I too am pregnant in the future, she will prioritize me. Although I am sure I will enjoy this type of attention, and her approach to pregnancy was one of the things that attracted me to this practice, I won't be pregnant for the majority of my life, and will always go to an OBGYN at least once a year. I don't want to only be a priority for the doctor or someone that she cares about for ~20 months.

Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Michelle A. Aristizabal's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Top Hospitals in Montclair, NJ