Ratings for Dr. Joy E. Burke

Was not prepared at all for the visit?. Made me feel as though I was making all my symptoms up and lying. Showed absolutely no empathy or understanding for the patient

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

She told me to not take medication to treat my Crohn's disease. It turned out all of my neurological symptoms were from my Crohn's disease. A much more experience neurologist named Dr.Myers at DENT neurology told me he had seen Crohn's patients with neurological symptoms. Dr.Burke needs more schooling before being able to work with neurology patients.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Very thorough. She ordered testing to try to determine the diagnosis. All the results are not complete yet. In the mean time, she is the best Neurologist I have seen. I've had trouble finding any others that are concerned with finding the answers to my symptom' s. For some reason they are arrogant and rude and condescending. Staff at this practice sucks. Dr. burke just left there anyway. Shocking huh.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Very knowledgeable and thorough. Turned out I did not have a neurological problem but a thyroid problem. She was was helpful in clarifying things.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I had several very confusing medical symptoms which did not point to one specific illness. Dr. Burke was very patient and extremely thorough and after several tests, narrowed down a few of my illnesses which answered a lot of questions. She is a very competent and knowledgable doctor and was very kind to me when I broke down crying. I would highly recommend her. The only complaint I have is the staff. Very unfriendly and rude.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I found this doctor to be lacking in patient empathy. Very condescending. She spent more time typing on her computer than listening to symptoms. Mis-diagnosed condition and prescribed medication that I am having extreme difficulty withdrawing from that was of little benefit. After two trips to the Emergency Room, a proper diagasosis was found.

Submitted April 2, 2014

An excellent doctor and very kind to me.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013