Ratings for Dr. Andrew Burns

Not sure why there are negative reviews but my experience with Dr. Burns was extremely positive and he is an amzing general surgeon. I came into the ER with an abscess that I’ve been dealing with for over six weeks. No doctor could fix it. They kept giving me more antibiotics that was making my body sick. He was very knowledgeable, always cheerful, patient with all my concerns and questions, and an absolute delight to work with. He scheduled the surgery for the next morning. He checked up on me the following morning to answer my questions and to discharge me. I highly recommend him if you need a general surgeon at Credit Valley Hospital.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2018

My wife just had gallbladder removal surgery with Dr.Burns. He is courteous, patient and explained us the process before and after surgery. Awesome guy and surgery was flawless. My wife healed in less than 2 weeks. (Azeem & Soundus)

flag | Submitted October 23, 2018

avoid this doctor...it is all about billable hours, not your health

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

a terrible doctor. he does not read prior medical records makes terrible mistakes that cost you months of recovery and try's to blame the patient as a liar a cheat or a psycho. Doctors are trained to have these rating system filled with positive reviews and when they get a bad one they throw on more good ones to cover it up. Don't trust the internet and don't trust this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr. Burns has been wonderful throughout my ordeal. First time we met him we didn't think he was old enough to be a surgeon. He was very knowledgeable, kind, understanding and funny. I felt I could ask him anything and didn't feel intimidated by him what so ever. I hope I don't ever need another surgery but if I do he would be the one I would pick.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

This doctor is amazing he saved my life when I had stage 4 and I've been cancer-free for almost 5 years kind of shy but feeling good and doing great thanks Andrew

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Dr. Burns took the time to answer all the questions that I had, was extremely professional, fantastic bed-side manner, and on-time with appointments. I hope I will never need a surgeon again, but if I do, I hope it's him!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Awful doctor, cost us thousands in additionalmedical expenses due to his negligence and carelessness

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

It is clear from interaction with this doctor that he cares more about his image of superiority than he does about his patients. I’m genuinely surprised about his inability to think big picture and be clear and honest with information

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

l I had a bad experience with Dr Burns. Very inconsiderate, uncaring and rude. Told me to suck up my pain. That was before he did surgery and saw how bad I was. After that couldnt care less. Even after a colonsocopy with him I ended up in another hospital and was told what I had, which he as my surgeon neglected to tell me. I REGRET ever going to him. No bedside manner what so ever. Only cared about weight and non medical issues. I was appalled.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018