Ratings for Dr. Nadine Shelton

Dr Shelton put me at ease when you visit and I feel extremely comfortable during my eye exams. She is very patient and explains everything in detail about my eye problems like glaucoma and macular degeneration. She oozes a lot of confidence and is very professional too.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

My wife Jenny & I have just finished our very relaxing & informative" annual eye checkup with Dr. Shelton, whom we thought would vanish out of this Province or country, right after her last eye centre manager on Dakota refused to provide us needed follow-up info where she has gone! That last manager seemed to be very unfriendly every time during our center visit, or even on the phone trying to tell me what to do, up to a point I almost tempted to tell her 'where to go' & use TV my counterpart Dr. Phil' s comment saying "What were you actually thinking?" Anyway, I firmly believe any medical appointment (from physical to ENT, Dental & Eye health checkup, should be as stress-free, informative as comfortable & reassuring as possible for any age! And Dr. Shelton has done just that, with my full approval of 101% 5 full stars rating! Due to sudden circumstances of temporary team member shortage, Dr. shelton had to be a 'jack of all trade as only one person work horse' on the job, from deskwork secretary to optician sales to professional D.O. routine check-up or follow-up exam referral! But she did it with the "highest caliber & flying color," still stress-free & smiling all the time, a perfectly symmetrical, beautiful happy face that could even make a new-born baby or bull-dog giggle with laugher! I personally have learned a lot from her expertise & my wife got all the answers she needed as well. With Dr. shelton's on-going dedication & her deep passion for Optometry career to assist especially the visually disadvantaged, I truly believe she would deserve to be voted by the Association as the finest & most outstanding Optometrist in this province, if not all over this country Canada. As a Chinese retired professional consultant & educator with 5 degrees, I have never seen anyone with this 'compassion & loving care' attitude until now. I thought I have come across at least a couple back in my Alma Mata in Harvard, such as Bill Gates or FaceBook CEO Mark. If at all possible in every chance I have, I'd introduce & highly recommend Dr. Shelton to all my folks in Chinatown here, up to a point that she might have to learn our Chinese Mandarin. Cantonese, Toisanese & Taiwanese dialects to be truly multi-lingual as a result. May God bless her & her family richly with Amen or 'Obrigado' from Canadian Dr. Phil.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2019

My husband and I have seen her in the past - and as always, I like her professionalism and her sense of humor. I like her new location and our experience today was wonderful - from the eye exam to selecting new frames.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2019

I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Shelton at her new office in December, and it is a great space. Her eye exams are thorough and professional, and I leave feeling that she truly cares about my eye health. The kind and knowledgeable employee at NV was able to help me select two frames for glasses, and Dr. Shelton even took a few moments to give me her opinion on the frames. I highly recommend Dr. Shelton's services as an optometrist, and NV Eyecare as a place to get unique and fashionable glasses.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
I am so happy to know that Anna and I were able to give you a great experience! We hope you are enjoying your new AM Eyewear glasses, they look great on you!

Submitted January 29, 2018

For someone who is nervous about medical visits, I found Dr. Shelton to be extremely professional and thorough. She put me completely at ease during an hour long examination. She explained everything clearly and if I didn't understand anything, she made sure I did, before proceeding. I would heartily recommend Dr. Shelton to anyone, without reservation. Peter Grogan

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
Thank you, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your eye exam!

Submitted January 29, 2018

That last comment was just ignorant... I brought my kids to see Dr. Shelton and guess what? They loved it. When I ask my three year old daughter what she did at the eye doctor she says “Christmas treeee’s!” (instead of a letter chart, kids look at pictures). She remembers that from 6 months ago! She says she can’t wait to go again. Dr. Shelton is great with kids and made them feel comfortable in a new place full of equipment that could look scary and intimidating. My experience? I bought my first pair of glasses from NV and love wearing them! I get compliments on them all the time! The selection they have is awesome and ranges from hip to luxurious, and have designers from all across the world! Thanks again for the great experience!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
I am so happy that your kids had fun during their eye exam and that you are enjoying your new Monoqool glasses, they look awesome on you!

Submitted January 29, 2018

She is an excellent optometrist. She is very knowledgeable and excellent people skills which is hard to find these days. We will continue to see her at her new location. We would definitely recommend to family and friends

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
Thank you for your kind words and support. See you all soon.

Submitted January 2, 2018

Excellent service d'accueil et de Dr. Shelton La nouvelle boutique est super sympathique et offre un sélection de montures vraiment cool et unique. Merci!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
Merci pour vos mots aimables et votre soutien. A bientôt.

Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Nadine Shelton now works at her own new office 100-698 Corydon Ave. Winnipeg, MB. You can call her at nv Eye Care Eye Wear (204) 504-6863 or click on nvmyeyes.com for more information.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Excellent in every way possible, but now I can't find her.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr. Nadine Shelton's response
I (Dr. Nadine Shelton) am here at my own NEW location. I have opened a new optical called nv Eye Care Eye Wear! Our new showroom with never before seen frames in Winnipeg are at Unit 100 - 698 Corydon Ave. You can also follow up with me any eye issues you may have. We have free parking all around our block and have a few spots behind our building. You can reach us at (204) 504-6863.

Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Nadine Shelton's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nadine Shelton graduated from Indiana University in 2008 and has been practicing in the south end of the city until her recent new venture opening nv eye care eye wear in May 2017. During her training, she specialized in pediatric and low vision exams and participated in dry eye research. She also enjoys volunteering her time doing exams at the CNIB and at a few nursing homes in the city.

• French