Ratings for Dr. Adrian Harvey

Dr Harvey was absolutely fabulous from the moment we met he instilled such confidence that all would be well. He seemed to have as much time as I needed to answer questions and gave my husband and me time to pause and think about choices when they needed to be made at that first appointment He did not rush us. Surgery day his visit pre-surgery was again so thorough and warm. In the operating room he and the operating room staff spoke to me, not around me. The surgical team and the nurses on the unit were excellent. Dr. Harvey saw me again that evening on the ward and once again had time for questions. There was next to no post operative pain and it was well managed (so much better an experience than a year prior with a different surgeon, hospital and team). He and his team had listened to my concerns about my prior experience and they were effectively dealt with. Dr. Harvey was absolutely consistent in his approach - interested, warm and supportive. If you have to have surgery you could be in no better hands. I should also commend the surgical team and the nurses on the unit. From admission to discharge this was a very positive experience over something that was very frightening for me. The low rating for staff on the 'star' rating is due to the behaviour of his booking clerk who is not representative of Dr. Harvey's caring concern. She is very slow to return calls (days) and interrupts when you are speaking. She has her procedure and she is not going to let you interfere with that; you do not feel like a person when talking with her -- unlike Dr. Harvey.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was very lucky to be referred to Dr. Harvey for my surgery on July 19th. He was able to successfully do a bilateral adrenalectomy and remove two pheochromocytomas (one was 6.7 cm and the other was 1.2 cm) laparoscopically!! He left what he could of my right adrenal gland. Dr Harvey took the time with me in clinic to explain the procedure and what he thought my diagnosis was (VHL) and necessary testing was done. He was very kind and took the time with us. I was admitted to the hospital for a week prior to my surgery for pre-op care and he visited me every single morning to answer any questions and make sure everything was ok. He is a very happy, skilled and kind man. All went well with my surgery, healing up great and excellent follow up care. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Harvey and was very lucky that it was him operating on me.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

An excellent, skilled surgeon. Great communication skills with me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Clear explanations and quit helpful comments. I would to say he is thinking for his patient always.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Harvey was awesome. Very professional, considerate and genuine during my pre & post op. I also found Dr Harvey's clinic team to be very efficient and helpful. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Adrian Harvey.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Adrian Harvey is an amazing surgeon who takes the time to speak to his patients like human beings. He performed a thyroidectomy on me. The fact that he came to see me in the hospital before and after surgery was incredible considering other doctors don't take the time to do so. He was also very concerned as to weather or not I had ANY questions and he answered all of them in the greatest of detail. He is very knowledgable and considerate in his delivery (which I appreciate as this was my first time going through this) as some doctors become numb dealing with these issues on a daily basis. I would highly recommend his services as a great surgeon with compassion who pays great attention to detail.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I was completely satisfied with Dr Harvey regarding my surgery and treatment. He allowed ample time beforehand and after the surgery to answer All of my questions during consultation and follow-up. The surgery and post-surgery recovery went exactly as he described. He is clearly a specialist in this area.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr. Harvey is knowledgeable and has a good bedside manner. That being said he is like most other surgeons I've dealt with in the past, in that (whether good or bad) he is only concerned with the operation. Don't expect him to go above and beyond what is required/expected from him before or after your procedure. He wants to get it done and move on.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

awesome surgeon ( thyroidectomy) and I get compliments frequently about how the scar looks. he spoke to me in a fashion that appreciated I was knowledgeable in medical procedures. stopped by after surgery to check. would use him again in aheartbeat ( but hope I never have to)

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

Dr.Harvey is a fantastic surgeon. He is knowledgeable, caring, and takes his time explaining everything to his patients. I would absolutely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013