You may also like

Rarely before have I felt so welcomed and engaged as I did with Dr. Champaneri. He took plenty of time to go through my symptoms, history (which he had already received from my primary physician), etc. He was very cordial, answering all of my questions thoroughly and patiently, and never once seemed like he was trying to rush me, as so many other doctors do. His staff was also very kind. Punctuality was good as well, even dealing well with my own personal tardiness. I've definitely found the right Doctor with Champaneri.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I really liked Dr. Champaneri. He listened to my concerns and was willing work with me on my medical issues. Had I not moved out of the area, I would still have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I'm very picky when it comes to doctors and I look for a "connection" with my doctor (I know i'm weird)...this man spent 30 min with me making sure he reviewed all my health records and discussing my case very carefully. Did I mention I asked him ALOT of questions and I even repeated some question and he too it like a CHAMP and replied with knowledge and patience.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Doctor was very uncaring and did not address medical concerns which were prior to appointment promised to me that he would - not willing to treat my condition with prescription-don't waste your money and time to hear him recommend vitamins and the "it's what every doctor always prescribes to treat your condition " i dont care how you feel or your quality if life - horrible and rude!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Champaneri has been cold, disinterested, and unhelpful throughout the process of diagnosing and treating my hypothyroidism. For the first appointment I had with him, he dryly lectured me about hypothyroidism for over 30 minutes, without discussing any of its specific implications for my own life. I came to him because my GP would not test for the cause of my hypothyroidism, and I specifically told Champaneri several times that I came to him because I wanted to be tested for Hashimoto's thyroiditis. He agreed and appeared to take notes. However, when his assistant called with blood results, she knew nothing about this test and was very reluctant to mail me a copy of my own lab results. When the results arrived, Champaneri had NOT ordered the tests that he'd assured me he would. What a waste of my time & money! He made no attempt to explain these results to me, nor did he explain subsequent ones. Once my TSH dropped to an unhealthily low level, I was told to return in a year.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

While this doctor is knowledgable and friendly, his office is not ran professionally and does not accommodate the needs or feelings of their patents. The office would not issue me my tests results that they had received until they got more results. This left me not knowing why they requested the possible life changing tests that they were requesting.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Great guy. You will feel extremely comfortable with him. Very knowledgable. Go see him, you will not regret it.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Dr. Champaneri is very efficient, thorough, and sympathetic. He really listens to your concerns and discusses the right treatment plan and options. He answers all questions and is very patient. I had to call him once on a weekend and he called right back - on a Saturday afternoon! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr. Shivam A. Champaneri's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Rarely before have I felt so welcomed and engaged as I did with Dr. Champaneri. He took plenty of time to go through my symptoms, history (which he had already..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I really liked Dr. Champaneri. He listened to my concerns and was willing work with me on my medical issues. Had I not moved out of the area, I would still have..."

September 17, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.clinicalassociatesmd.com" to "http://www.inova.org/Physician_Directory/Shivam-Champaneri-MD/807714/". Postal Code has been updated from "21204" to "22310". Address has been updated from "None" to "6355 Walker Lane". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17037196715".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm very picky when it comes to doctors and I look for a "connection" with my doctor (I know i'm weird)...this man spent 30 min with me making sure he reviewed ..."

March 27, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Shivam" to "Shivam A."

October 21, 2013
  • City changed from "TOWSON" to "ALEXANDRIA", State changed from "MD" to "VA"

July 28, 2013