Ratings for Dr. Samuel A. Carlis

He is beyond fantastic. He really listens something that Is certainly appreciated. The family feels spoiled by the office because they treat us like we are NOT just a number . Dr. Carlis refers to a specialist when it may be a prudent idea. Thankfully he did that for our family! My honey is alive and well. I tried to refer him to a client of mine and she said save your breath we have gone to him for over 15 years! We are convinced he is the best.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I've been going to Dr Carlis for several year. Always great. He tells it like it is and won't sugar-coat stuff. I am overweight & he tells me so. Not in a mean or in a belittling way, but I need to hear it. I would imagine that some people might not like that approach. Just like any popular doc, you sometimes have to wait to be seen but not too much. The staff is great & very knowlegeable. I wish he was there on Fridays but I know he has LONG hours Monday-Thursday. Other than that, no complaints at all

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I went to Dr. Carlis after multiple visits to the ER and he showed no compassion as I lay on his table unable to sit up . He was irritated that I searched online for my symptoms and said Googling is dangerous. He had never heard of some basic hormone diseases that I had symptoms for and told me that hormones would not cause my symptoms. Turns out Google and I were right! I saw another doctor who diagnosed me with a hormone condition that once treated resolved my symptoms. He didn't know how to dose my thyroid medication- very basic stuff that a doctor should know how to do. I was collapsing and very ill and he told me I had anxiety and to just go home and relax! It's a good thing I didn't listen to him because I needed medication and treatment or it would've become dangerous. Limited knowledge, surly attitude and archaic views about the internet. In my opinion doctors like him are dangerous. If I had listened to him I may not be capable of typing this review today. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2011

Dr. Samuel A. Carlis's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Huntington Beach, CA