Ratings for Dr. Nidhi S. Jacob

I went to Dr. Jacob to change my birth control to an IUD due to long term side effects of birth control pills. Dr. Jacob's services were disappointing and unethical. 1) Dr. Jacob did not inform me that most women need a ride home after an IUD insertion due to severe pain and dizziness. I waited for an hour for a family member, and had to leave my car at the doctor's office overnight. 2) Dr. Jacob was dishonest about the level of pain that comes with an IUD insertion, which was very severe. She also did not tell me that most women have severe cramping for several days, and I was unable to plan around work or graduate school. 3) When I explained to Dr Jacob that I was having bad side effects from taking birth control pills for 10 years, she completely ignored my concerns and told me all of the positives of birth control pills. 4) Dr Jacob did not give me any pain reliever prior to the procedure, and did not have a working heat pad to ease severe cramping post procedure.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015