Ratings for Dr. Carlo Panaro

Dr. Panaro is a great doctor. He listening and explain thing to you. Great bedside manners. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Great experience!! He really listens, has a kind demeanour, and I'd recommend him to anyone! Surgery went great, recovery was a breeze, and now on to physio. Will definitely go back to him for future surgeries :).

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I'm a 47 female with a trauma to my femur. Plated the length of my femur, with 9 pins ... I'm in what I hope to be, the almost last stage of recovery. I couldn't be in this place without this surgeon. My leg was a mess but he's pieced it back together with precision. My surgery was in mid Sept and I've attended his busy clinic at least 7x, with one appt being made the day prior. I was completely off pain meds 9 days after surgery, my scarring is definite but minimal. I'm walking with a cane now as last stages of recovery take place. I'm working 20 hrs a week. I'm back driving! My life is slowly coming back to me. I'm not going to pin this all on Panaro because I have an awesome team of supports and I've tried what he asks and expects. But I am going to say he's given me THE best shot with his talent, knowledge, compassion and follow-ups. He is a busy man but communicates well and is respectful. I am forever grateful that he's been the lead of the team that handles my care and recovery. I've only had to phone his office once and my question was communicated to him right away with an answer back within a few minutes, it was pleasant and short. I'm an Alpha so it was incredibly tough for me to hand him the reins on my leg, but he's the expert in terms of me getting full recovery, simply put. I'm fortunate and def not taking him for granted. If you attend your appts, listen, communicate, take responsibility for your efforts, and try what he asks, you're in the best hands. For my particular injury, he's been a Rock Star and I'm humbled by it all. Thank you Team Panaro! đź’š

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

There is some brevity with Dr. Panaro, but if you ask questions he listens and gives answers. Had a labral tear of the hip and he was my surgeon, he also diagnosed me correctly when another specialist could not. I found him very knowledgeable, I felt like I was in good hands. It's been over six months since the operation and my pain is gone, having the operation changed my life. The nurse who took out my surgery staples was excellent, 10/10. But his administrative staff was terrible. They gave me incorrect fasting information (the hospital nurse who corrected me on the fasting was furious when they found out where I got my misinformation) and that's just so irresponsible. Once I did not see him until TWO HOURS after the scheduled appointment time. Always late, even by Doctor standards. It got to the point where when I had to see him I would block off the entire afternoon or morning from work. Time is a finite resource, and it's a shame the time of the patients is not respected. Summary: Great surgeon. Good nursing staff. Poor Administrative staff. Horrible punctually, likely due to having poor administrative staff.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

"Not very talkative or explanatory." Well that tells you right there that something is wrong. Either does not know the answer or is being evasive so the patient does not catch the doctor's mistakes. All good surgeons have both good technique AND good 'bedside manner'.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Had a knee replaced and Panaro, although not very talkative and/or explanatory, appears to have done an excellent job. I expect a methodical, competent, knowledgeable surgeon and I got exactly what I wanted. I actually appreciated the absence of any bedside rhetoric. On the other hand, his office staff are the worst I've EVER had the misfortune of having to deal with. Seems that every organization has a "Trish" but she takes arrogance and just plain snottiness to a whole new level. She needs to learn that, like her lot in life or not, she US A RECEPTIONIST and not the surgeon. I can't belief a terrific surgeon would employ such a hag. The nurse, Daralyn is only a step better, much more polished communication skills but the queen of misdirection....she's teflon. If you can get her to return a message you will have wished she hadn't. All she does is condescend, constantly scold you, defer everything back to you or your GP. I despise being forced to even have to speak to either of these substandard - mean spirited - administrators. Unfortunately, the competance of the surgeon makes it a necessity.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

My husband just had hip replacement on Jan 19, 2017. I was extremely anxious, so I Google dr. Panero. I was very happy to read about him and all the many success stories found here. I believe for anyone reading this upset and concerned for there loved one that dr. Panero, although I only saw him once is a very strong confident dude, and I only hope he would be my husband's surgeon should he ever need one. Very lucky to have him in edmonton!!! And Dr. Panero if you read this god bless you and thank you so so much.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Contrary to what I read in previous comments, Dr. Panaro listened thoroughly to my concerns and asked many questions to determine the cause and treatment for my hip. He did not rush through the visit at all and he listened carefully to my concerns. There was not push to do any additional, unnecessary procedures. He said that if things changed or if pain developed to call his office and we would re-evaluate the situation. An excellent doctor with great staff to support him. Keep in mind that as a busy specialist, it is likely that he will be running behind on his appointment times (but that happens with all of the good doctors as there aren't enough of them and all patients deserve access to the good ones!)

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Double hip replacement - amazing from start to finish

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Panafon obviously loves what he does... the results of his hands at work tell all! I feel very privileged to have been his patient!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016