Ratings for Dr. Carlo Panaro

Had knee revision surgery April 2 2018. Did a great job. The only thing that needs improvement is the facility. The misacordia needs to be replaced or upgraded

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

He is willing to do what it takes to bring you back to your normal

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I had a hip impingement surgery 4 years ago and it was not that successful. I have slowly deteriorated to the point of not being able to walk without a significant limp several times a day. After a few appointments he has yet to agree to a hip replacment. I am 44 years old and can't walk! I will be looking for a new surgeon who puts the patient first and treats the patient not the test results. I have 5 major things wrong in my hip and all he wants me to do is injections that do not work. If I was 70 I would get a hip replacement right away (my father in law waited a few months to get one after complaining for a very short time). I am 44 years old and have no quality of life!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Dr. Panaro repaired my hip labrum and abductors in early December (2017). My experience throughout the entire process; initial pre-op meetings in Bonnyville, the surgery day, and the first follow up has been very positive. I had a lot of questions about the finer details of the surgery and he was always willing to take the time and explain them to me. I am 1 month out from surgery now, have been out of crutches for 12 days, and it is coming around. Haven't had to take pain meds since the 3rd day after surgery. To anyone about to get surgery with Dr. Panaro, I recommend that you become very familiar with his rehab protocol. It is very detailed and you must ensure you follow the right guidelines for the proper surgery performed. All in all, I am very thankful for having been under Dr. Panaro's (and his team's) care. Looking forward for my next follow up appointment in 2 weeks! Dan

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Dr. Panero is fantastic. He tells you like it is if you have any questions, ask. As for the wait in his clinic. Yes it sucks. Minimum 45 minutes i have waited. Maximum wait was 2 hours. But we are not all in there for the same reason. Each patient takes a different amount of time and care. We have all lived in ridiculous pain and discomfort and a little wait time isn’t the end of the world. As a doctor, he is my most favourite. After seeing so many different ones telling me there was nothing they could do, I had no trust left in any other doctor until I met him. I couldn’t take my kids for walks. Couldn’t get down on the floor and play with them. Let alone go to the park. After my PAO on both sides, I can beat a few of my kids in races haha. Pain free (almost) and living life better than I ever have. He’s fantastic. Be patient with his clinics. And if you feel he gives you a short bout of information, ask your questions. I assure you, he will give you any answer your looking for

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

My wife needed a couple of new knees. Took forever to get to the surgeon, but once in to the Health Care system - fantastic!! Took almost 18 months to get to the actual surgery - I still have a problem with our archaic medical system. Seems to me that those who can afford to pay ought to have that option to get in faster, which would take the load off the "single payer system" speeding everyone up getting access. Anyway - once we met Dr. Panaro (former Edmonton Eskimos player and current team doctor) we were sold. He can be a little quiet, but once you get him going a little, he's fun. The surgery was perfect, my wife was walking in a couple of days, so we are now in the line up for the second knee. The new hip and knee standalone clinic at the Royal Alex is an outstanding facility, everyone knows what they are doing from what I saw, the care and attention my wife received was wonderful. If you can hack the wait, I can't imagine how much better a facility and doctors could be. Now if we could just tighten up the front end so that wait times are way more reasonable. A public/private option has to be better than what we have, and I am not buying that all doctors are entrepreneurs and so would abandon the public system. That doesn't happen in any other profession, why would it happen here. Just means more doctors. This is a beautiful Province - imagine a for-profit surgery facility with the world-class Docs we have. But I can't recommend Dr. Panaro and his staff enough. Great people. My wife loves the guy.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

After finally getting an appointment for my hip, I made the five hour drive to his office in Edmonton. 75 minutes after my appointment time, he came into my room and was looking for his example he uses to explain orthopaedic issues (for another patient). He showed up to my exam about 15 minutes later. So after 90 minutes, I was finally was graced with his presence. He explained that my issues were likely more related to my back (which I'm now having surgery on from another surgeon). By this point, I had a diagnosed impingement and the onset of osteoarthritis, with noticeable bone spurs in my hip. His plan was to give me a cortisone mixture of injections in my back and hip to attempt to isolate the majority of the issue. With no explanation or further information, I was left in the room and told to see the receptionist. I got a total of seven minutes of his time. His receptionist said I'd have to go to another appointment at a different clinic in Edmonton and that it would likely take months to get in. I asked if I could have it done where I live instead of another five hour drive, where I wouldn't be able to drive back home for a day or two due to the injections (driving causes me excruciating pain after short periods). It was like I asked her for a kidney. She was condescending afterward and it was clear that my time and pain meant nothing to her. I certainly hope my back surgery takes care of most of my pain, because I'm not sure that I would be comfortable going back to this clinic. It's clear that the pain, time and questions of their patients means nothing to them.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Did a great job on my foot. Very respectful and informative. He seemed to treat all patients in clinic with the same care. The clinic however is a zoo, too many patients, expect to wait minimum 30 mins up to 2 hours. Bring a coffee bring a book. As well as scheduled patients emergency cases are sometimes brought in. He is excellent as a surgeon and with aftercare.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Panaro is a great doctor. He listening and explain thing to you. Great bedside manners. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Great experience!! He really listens, has a kind demeanour, and I'd recommend him to anyone! Surgery went great, recovery was a breeze, and now on to physio. Will definitely go back to him for future surgeries :).

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017