Ratings for Dr. Eric Baum

Horrible experience! Please do NOT bring your children here! Should have followed my mothers instinct and ran away from this house of horrors! Baum is a rude condescending classic "medical bully". He is arrogant and argumentative and will try to manipulate you. They try to not let you go into the room with your child which is absolutely unheard of in Pediatric dentistry. My 6 year old son was supposed to be in for one filling and a seal, but Baum ended up filling a second tooth, even though he initially had said he wouldnt bother filling the second one since it was a baby tooth and a very tiny cavity, but somehow took it upon himself to do so anyway. My son was terrified and hysterical despite Baum's claim that sweet air would calm him, which I was very much against giving him and I vehemently regret being bullied into doing so. The female assistant who was also an absolute aggressive and arrogant individual, actually started yelling at my son to calm down and lay flat and get back down as he was screaming terrified. I figured out later from talking to him once he was calm, that he was in pain because the bracket holding his mouth open was leaning on a loose tooth! As soon as I burst in the room and told them to get off of my son, suddenly it was okay for me to be there and could I help hold him so they could finish the procedure. Baum later rather sheepishly admitted to me that "normally its better if the parent is not there but ..." Learn how to handle young children or do not call yourself a family dentistry practice! I have never had such an outrageous experience at a dentistry practice in my life. The only reason we went there was because of the laser filling because my dentist does not use one and I wanted to minimize a negative experience at the dentist for my son. Obviously an epic failure heading to this practice.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Baum is a liar. His reviews are written by staff and friends. I don't have a google account but all of his favorable reviews are spurious on Google. The person who gave the one negative review on Google is an accurate description of Eric Baum's demeanor and unethical dental practices. I'm appalled he had the audacity to call the patient a liar. He hires attorneys to attack you. There are numerous dentists who do evil things to their patients. When I was walking in Dr. Baum's office, a woman with 2 young children were upset and she told me not to trust this dentist with your children. I truly believe he is evil and despicable. God will punish him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr Baum and their staff are very courteous and friendly. I have been there many times and it is always a relaxing atmosphere and a smooth transition from the moment I walk in until I leave with a smile. They are very professional and knowledgeable. Every time I have an appointment everything is explained out clearly and precisely. Each time I am in the chair having work done I ask " Are we done already?", and we are. Painless yet efficient and effective and a job always well done.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

An arrogant, sarcastic, rude man whose professional expertise deserves the scrutiny of the State professional licensing agency. My trust factor is zero. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I am a former patient of Dr. Baum. He is a crook. Please leave his practice. He tells people they have cavities when they do not. He did this to my daughter and I several times. I became suspicious and went elsewhere. He is a criminal and should lose his license.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Only look at the negative reviews. It's possible he was compatible with that patient. Maybe she has the same demeanor as him. He's evil and gets revenge. Sick, sick person. Doesn't know God; wait until judgement day comes for him. Paid him to put a cap on a tooth which he made it too big and pushed my good teeth to the left. Then I noticed he thinned out the tooth next to it. Lied and said he filled a cavity for my daughter. Three dentists said she doesn't have a cavity in her mouth. I got letters stating my daughter did not have a cavity in that tooth but the statute of limitations already expired. He took my money for which there were no services rendered and ruined my teeth. He's been defaming me with respect to other medical doctor offices and dental offices. He only cares about money but then he does things to give you other dental problems. An evil person. Stay away from this Dentist.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Horrible, pompous,arrogant, mean to his staff... Run!!!! There are many good drs- he is not one of them

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I previously left a positive review about Eric Baum. It's unfortunate that some may think a positive review may come from Eric's office. I teach English; I don't work in a dentist's office. I came to this page today to get Eric's number -- I had lost it. I have a toothache. Called, as usual, and, as usual, the always-helpful appt staff worked me in just three hours from the time I'm writing this. Regarding the comments about Eric being inappropriate in the way he communicates with patients: people are not accustomed to being dealt with in a direct way. Bright people are often very direct, and Eric is bright. If you want consolation, visit an undertaker; if you want excellent dental care without the bullsh*t, visit Eric Baum. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I was shocked at being talked to so rudely by a professional. I have had extensive work done over the past years by good dentists who never spoke to me rudely about my teeth but were kind, caring and thorough. I will not be seeing this dentist again. People who are already nervous about visiting the dentist don't need this kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014