Ratings for Dr. Alvin Rossman

He is a genius, no joke. He knows orthodontics inside out and explains everything thoroughly. It is remarkable that they are so organized without a computerized system. He's super personable and chatty and tells me about his grandkids and his travels! My teeth are almost perfectly aligned and I just have a few trays left. I've referred friends to him!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I agree with a commenter below. Dr Rossman is one of a kind and the office always seems to have too much going on, but somehow it all works. All the assistants are super nice, and Dr Rossman explains everything thoroughly. Sharon in reception is a total sweetheart as well. I have braces now (at age 45, long story) and he accomodated me by using braces instead of invisalign (much faster results) and showed me the progress at each visit. I also get to hear about his travels and family, sometimes, if it's not too hectic. I recommend him 100%.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Amazing Specialist. I would not hesitate recommending Dr.Rossman & staff. I started see him back in Feb 2015, braces came off August. At any point, I am able to pop in for follow ups or if I have any questions. he is very thorough.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I love Dr. Rossman. He's a straight shooter. He knows his stuff and tells you exactly like it is. Don't expect small talk and pleasantries, you won't even get a word in edgewise. He's not rude by any means, he just knows better than you do and you're in his house! His office is chaotic, and always has a million appointments going on at once, but oddly, his system totally works. It's complete organized chaos but everyone leaves with a smile having exactly what they need done. Dr. Rossman is a very hands on, demonstrative type. You'll likely find him shoving a mirror up to your face so you know as well as he does what's going on in your mouth. He often uses his patients as models for new patients or consultations. This may seem odd to some, but I never have a problem with it. What better way to learn than to see orthodontics in action. His receptionist Sharon is the biggest sweetheart on the planet, and his assistants have all been very professional and kind. No matter what, I always get an appointment exactly when I want, and everything is done to accommodate me. Dr. Rossman always sees me on time, and goes out of his way to make sure I am getting exactly what I need out of my treatment. I couldn't ask for a better Orthodontist. He's rough around the edges, quirky and blunt, but he really, truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

brought my daughter to Dr.Rossman about 6 yrs ago. He was the 4th ortho I consulted with who was willing to adjust just the top teeth.. they looked great until she stopped wearing her retainer a couple years later.... taking my son there now and they are looking great... same price as before and 1/2 price or less of the other ortho I went to a consultation with who was going to do the same thing - but wanted to extract teeth, which I believe is best not to if you don't have to. Yes he is rather demanding but I like that he's always super punctual...

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

I've been taking my daughter to his office for a few months now and am just starting to feel comfortable with Dr. Rossman, his style is different but once you are use to him it's better. He has some great staff, the lady at the front is a sweetheart, very kind and accommodating. He also has an associate, I believe from Brazil, who is very professional, gentle and allows you to understand what exactly is happening plus she really make you smile. Smiles are important when you see an orthodontist!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Dr. Rossman is incredible! I got amazing results with my teeth. His approach to braces is more like art rather than science, but he surely is a great artist. His communication style needs some getting used to - he can be abrupt and perceived as rude by some, but he is always efficient and straight to the point. Don't expect british politeness from him and you will be fine. He and his staff went out of their way to accommodate my schedule and my special requests and I definitely appreciate that!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr.Rossman is not just rude to his staff, he is simply abusive. He can give them 3 tasks at the same time, often confusing, and then make them look like fools in front of their colleagues and patients. I have been seeing him for three years, and over this time at least five assistants left, others just came and were gone shortly. He can drive them to tears. At times his manners and comments about his staff and other dentists are unethical. Trying to control his staff'?s every movement, he forgets about his patients. If a doctor treats his staff this way, he does not really care about other people. I would guess the reason why people still stay with him is because he does not charge much. But I would not recommend starting treatment with him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

We always look forward to going to his office, almost always no waiting, he has plenty of staff. He may be calling his one staff multiple times in a matter of minutes for a new task or to "(name) come back here" almost in a singing tone. My husband, me and my daughter who is going to these appt. (braces) get a kick out of him calling his one assistant many many times. Every one in the office is pleasant to talk to. From the receptionist to his assistants and of course Dr. Rossman himself. I actually recommended him to a friend for her daughter who is getting her braces treatment now.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr Rossman is REAL! both my kids went to him - each for 2 courses of treatment - was as planned. He is direct, and to the point (what comes out of his mouth is true) He says the way it is and yes, he shows patients what happens using his patients - we are all in the same boat - if you dont want to participate in that, then you would not be forced to. I am extremely happy with all he has done for our family. He does not try to turn you into a cash cow - I have sent friends to him as well - they are also happy. Some orthodontists want to deliver perfection - at a cost of $25K, Dr Rossman provides realistic alternatives and outcomes for the budget you have. His office is run very efficiently - you never wait for long - he is on time, and expects his staff to be eff icient for the benfit of the patients. Some ppl may veiw him to be abrupt with his staff - but I vewi it as having standards that they need to live up to -I see nothing wrong with that.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013