Ratings for Dr. Justin Lade

For over 20 years, I had been avoiding knee replacement surgery, but with no cartilage left, it became a necessity. I was so desperate that I even looked at stem cell therapy, but because of the state of my knee, that wasn’t possible without an arthroscopy. Because I’d already had four arthroscopies on that particular knee, I didn’t want to endure yet another operation and stem cell therapy and then have to wait for a year to hope for a 70% chance of success. The odds weren’t good! My GP then suggested I see Dr. Justin Lade, who I found to be friendly and who answered all of my questions. He replaced my knee exactly 6 weeks ago. Two weeks after the surgery, I stopped using crutches altogether; I am also slowly tackling the staircase at home; of course, I’m still undergoing physiotherapy. Today, Dr. Lade cleared me to go surfing in a fortnight’s time, so I’m looking forward to riding the waves once again, a mere EIGHT WEEKS after surgery! (And I’m 63.) Looking at the X-rays, it’s plain to see that Dr. Lade had ensured that the replacement connected perfectly with my femur and tibia. He told me that there is a 95% success rate with this surgery. (Compare that with 35-70% for stem cell therapy). Physio is key to this, of course. I’m extremely grateful to Dr. Lade and very elated with my new knee! Not only that, but the pain levels I had were definitely LOWER than what I’d experienced with those arthroscopies 25 years ago. If you need a knee replacement, I suggest you contact him now!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Over the past 8 months, Mr Lade has given me a replacement right hip and replaced both knees. I cannot speak highly enough of his expertise; 6 weeks since the last knee replacement and I am almost totally pain free and walking without any aids. At the age of 77, I really did not think this would be possible and I am so grateful. Thank you Justin so very much.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Based on my recent experience involving orthopaedic surgery I have no hesitation in recommending Justin Lade without reservation. In my most recent consultation concerning my left knee it was apparent that my right knee had deteriorated significantly. Walking was painful and steps were difficult to negotiate. Justin arranged for knee replacement surgery as soon as possible and I subsequently had both knees replaced at the same time. Everything went smoothly with no complications at all. Justin personally checked on my progress a number of times, including one Sunday. My recovery was amazing. I left the hospital after six days and attended the Victorian Rehabilitation Centre. Ten days later I went home and was able to walk without the use of any physical aids. I credit the success of my surgery and exceptional recovery to the skills of the surgical team and Justin Lade in particular.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I saw Mr Lade following a very serious knee injury on 19 March 2016. I was seen urgently, and booked in for my operation one month later (19 April 2016). On 18 March 2017 I was able to play in my Cricket team's Grand Final and have been able to make a great recovery, which is thanks to his excellent work, care and guidance throughout the pre and post surgery process. I am honestly truly thankful for what he has done for me and for easing me through a difficult and daunting time. He also referred me to see a fantastic Physiotherapist (Richard Taylor) who will also be getting a top rating from me. Thank you again Mr Justin Lade for everything you have done for me!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My husband and I have been patients of Mr Lade's for over 8 years. His professional knowledge and caring manner have been most appreciated by us and we would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone requiring the services of an orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Great specialist surgeon. Totally agree with all the positive comments. Be hard to find someone as knowledgeable and experienced as Mr Lade. Professional attitude and goes out of his way to explain things. Fantastic secretsry who is very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I suffered many years of pain and dysfunction after injuring my knee in a road accident. After consulting several very highly regarded orthopedic surgeons over the years and undergoing numerous surgeries I was left with increasing pain and instability with no light at the end of the tunnel. This was increasingly affecting both my personal and professional life. Mr. Lade was recommended to me by a family member of a former patient of his, who could not speak more highly of him and the results that he achieves. During my first consultation with Mr. Lade he was very thorough in his diagnosis and fully explained all of my options which gave me great confidence in his ability to resolve the issues I was experiencing. Four months ago I under went a total knee replacement which has had amazing results. I was up and about the day after surgery with minimal pain and discomfort considering the complex nature of the surgery due to the previous trauma and operations on my knee. Immediately after my surgery Mr. Lade took time to ring my family to update them on how it all went, which they greatly appreciated. During my hospital admission Mr. Lade attended the hospital numerous times to checked up on my progress which I never experienced during my previous surgeries. I have since returned to work in a profession that requires a high level physical fitness and demand. Mr. Lade is very thorough and possesses a high level of expertise. He has a very professional and reassuring manner and actually cares about his patients and achieving the best possible outcomes for them. I have had several consultations with him now and he has always been very punctional. If you want an orthopedic surgeon who is ahead of his game and achieves great results, Mr. Lade is the one to see. I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Had a knee surgery recently. Had no pain post surg and was able to walk without cruches in less than 5 days. The operation went smoothly. Never had to wait for him.Really helpful with all my paperwork as well.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Went to see Dr Lade for my past few procedures, and each time he has taken the time to make sure I was happy and comfortable with everything. Very experienced and knowledgeable and I felt i was in complete safe hands.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Attended the rooms in ashburton in 2015 to be greeted by a warm,welcoming & friendly secretary who apologised profusely for the delay in Mr Lade attending - had to wait over 1 hour for him to arrive . Once he arrived my consultation went smoothly. Needing to book a knee replacement his secretary took her time to ensure that I understood the paperwork & requirements of surgery. Nothing was too much trouble. Shame I can't then say the same of Mr Lade. My surgery was cancelled on the day & then my next two appointments were cancelled as he was not available or running late again!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016