Ratings for Dr. Tetsuhiro Ueno

Dr. Ueno is a wonderful, knowledgeable, and kind doctor. He takes the time to explain everything and answer all questions. His acupuncture and Chinese herbal treatments helped relieve all of my stress, and are currently supporting my pregnancy. I was nervous about the Chinese herbal treatments, but Dr. Ueno was understanding and accommodating. He was supportive of my decision to take smaller doses, and he said that it would be ok if I decided not to do Chinese herbs. I highly recommend Dr. Ueno. He is a great person and a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Very knowledgeable, great listener, with excellent bed side manners. He helped me get pregnant after 2 years of trying. Very effective in relieving side effects of ivf and early pregnancy. Will be continuing with him throughout pregnancy. Highly recommend him for infertility!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I decided to give acupuncture a try when I developed a whooshing sound in my left ear. It started as a gentle whoosh, then became so loud that I couldn’t concentrate during the day or sleep at night. My web research identified the problem as pulsatile tinnitus. I didn’t want to go through the runaround of MRI scans, tests and drugs that western medicine would involve. A friend of mine who had tried Dr. Ueno for her backache recommended him to me. I must admit I went with some skepticism, thinking: “This can’t hurt, so no harm giving it a chance.” But the results have surprised even me. After just two acupuncture sessions with Dr. Ueno, my whooshing has almost disappeared. Dr. Ueno is a very caring, gentle doctor who works with you to understand your problem. And if you’re new to acupuncture and worried about sticking needles in your body, my experience was that you barely feel the needle — it’s almost like the touch of a feather against the skin. Once the needles have been inserted, you lie back and relax for about a half-hour. It’s a quiet, meditative experience, very different from going to a conventional doctor. Dr. Ueno truly listens, cares and understands. He doesn’t hustle you through an appointment, or make you feel he’s in a hurry to get done with you. I would highly recommend him for anyone considering acupuncture.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I am a patient and big fan of Dr. Tetsuhiro Ueno who is a compassionate doctor, concerned healthcare provider and patient teacher about the theory and practice of acupuncture. I had researched the benefits of acupuncture for treating PMS – however I was experiencing extreme emotional fluctuations (grumpy, cranky, weepy, annoyed, irritable) not the physical side effects most other women reported. Since I had nothing to lose and quite a bit to gain, I went in for an initial consultation. It’s been seven months and I’m happy to report that my PMS is gone – and has been for a few months. Dr. U was able to provide relief for other stresses and anxieties that I experienced during our sessions. I’m a believer in the tangible benefits of acupuncture and am happy to add Dr. U to my cadre of healthcare professionals.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Ueno has a comforting bedside manner, as well as a gift for explaining exactly what and why one is having issues within their body.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I had never has acupuncture before but decided to give it a try after having fertility issues including multiple miscarriages. A friend highly recommended Dr. Ueno and I decided to give him a try, despite the distance from my house to the office, wanting to make sure I went to a reputable place place. Dr. Ueno is extremely compassionate, professional, and dedicated to the work he does. I got pregnant within a few months and am now 5 months pregnant! It has been such a great experience working with Dr. Ueno and I would highly recommend his services to anyone, for fertility reasons or otherwise. Knowing that I am also in the medical field he even took the time to research and send me articles related to success with acupuncture and the field I am in. I can't recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

My experience with Dr. Ueno was excellent. He was professional, patient, and showed true compassion for my struggle to get pregnant over the past year. He treated me with acupuncture beginning in February 2014 and I am now expecting in January 2015. I highly recommend him for any issues you may have. Thanks Dr. Ueno!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

After several unsuccessful IVF ICSI cycles, I decided to give acupuncture a try. My husband had already been seeing Dr. Ueno for some lower back/nerve issues and spoke very highly of him. Fertility struggles are taxing on your mind, body and soul. We were frustrated and thought, "What do we have to lose at this point?" I saw Dr. Ueno for a few months prior to my cycle and during the cycle. His professionalism, guidance and overall concern was invaluable. Acupuncture was an incredible journey for me at a time when it was difficult to see the light at the end of tunnel. My husband and I are truly thankful to have found Dr. Ueno. We are happy to say that we are currently 8 months pregnant! Thank you Dr. Ueno for helping us along our journey!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Ueno for about 9 months now at Advanced Health Center and have had a great experience. The staff is very friendly and setting up my follow up appointments has been a breeze. Over a year ago I began suffering from noise inflicted tinnitus. I was depressed and it was a very difficult time in my life. Dr.Ueno has been a savior. I tried acupuncture with another doctor prior to finding Dr.Ueno and I it was a bad experienceI would leave feeling like a guinea pig. Dr. Ueno is the complete opposite he is knowledgeable and shows he cares. It has been a long process and I still have tinnitus today however it is much more tolerable and my condition is in a much better place than it was when it started. Dr. Ueno has also treated my seasonal allergies, my winter cold and laryngitis, and shoulder pains. I would recommend the practice and of course Dr. Ueno.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Ueno treated me with acupuncture and Chinese herbs for about six months, through a time when I was undergoing long-term antibiotic treatment for Lyme disease. I believe the acupuncture and herbs played an important role in keeping my liver enzymes in the normal range despite that I was on 3 or 4 different antibiotics at a time. He also listens carefully and customizes each treatment to changes in your symptoms. I would always leave my treatment feeling better and in less pain than when I came in. Dr. Ueno is very kind and caring, and willing to think outside "the box" to help patients. He also gave me advice for things to do at home with regard to dietary modifications, supplements, and exercises that have been helpful. A few times I had to bring my kids with me to appointments, and Dr. Ueno was very accommodating, understanding, and patient with them. Everyone in the office is friendly and competent, and I never had to wait long to be seen. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2013

Dr. Tetsuhiro Ueno's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Tetsuhiro Ueno is nationally licensed and board certified in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). He is a member of American Pregnancy Association (APA). He maintains state licenses as an acupuncturist in Virginia. Along with his general practice, he has strong interests in reproductive and gynecological conditions including infertility, insomnia, depression and internal diseases. Before going into practice, Tetsuhiro earned his Bachelor of Art degree in Social Science from Hitotsubashi University in Tokyo, Japan. After his graduation, he has worked for ten years in Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), which assigned him as the Assistant Resident Representative in the JICA USA office and the Chile office. He then attended a three year program at Texas College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCTCM) in Austin, TX where he graduated valedictorian in Masters of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Tetsuhiro thinks that collaborating with physicians - integrated medicine - is very beneficial for patient's health. This idea makes him practice with medical doctor and chiropractor in the clinic. He used be a professor at South Baylo University, School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Falls Church, VA, which is one of the largest and prestigious Acupuncture schools in the USA. Tetsuhiro finds one important character in himself - devoting his passion and energy to help people, and sharing the happiness with them - and that is what really makes him happy. He thinks that building a good and trustful relationship with patients is extremely important to make a treatment successful, and his sincere and caring character will help to create trust between him and his patients.

• English