Ratings for Dr. David Starr

I had a surgery for my gallbladder with him . He was really undrestanding and helpfull with my situation. He explained every step of surgery in my visit before surgery and answered all my questions . I had a fast recovery and no issues .

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I cannot believe it happened to me here - in Canada in 2017 !!!! This doctor refused to provide me a treatment!!! I wish i could complain about it i just don't know who... Regardless of all negative reviews i read, i decided to visit to Dr.Starr due to my exceed bleeding. First, to say his secretary is terrible is to say nothing... But i can ignore her attitude. Once you see the Doctor's attitude... He refused to proceed my procedure and advised me to go to see other surgeon without any reason...!!!! Could you believe??? Just another classic and terrible example of "Free Health System" in Canada. Shame on you Dr. David M Starr!!!! - first you are DOCTOR and after a businessman!!!! Also, his secretary is a separate story... She is such a rude and apathetic person... She has to work at some road labor work with this type of human skills

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr. Starr is FIVE STARS all the way! Very professional, excellent skill and a very nice & kind person. Fabulous Surgeon!!! In addition, his office staff are very polite and accommodating.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

This Dr. Is in the business of surgery not caring for those who need surgery. He is only interested in the $$ for your problem not you. My posting is from 3 years of dealing with this Dr. Try to find someone else if possible. The staff are nosy and indifferent. They run the office like your at Costco.. next please your billing is complete.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr. David star and staff were the best I can find. He was always professional and knowledgeable with any issue or concern I had.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Dr. David star and staff did my bypass and were the best I can find. When something happened they were there. Theyhad an answer for all my questions and explained so I could understand

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr. Starr only works out of The new Humber River Hospital. It is beautiful. His office is also clean and relaxing. Fabulous staff! No hesitation in recommending him.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Terrible! Went to hin twice and while i was in the waiting room i was hearing bad things about him. Went in for my apppointment and he said he doesnt believe the problem i was having. Yet as i was walkinf out was trying to book me for surgery?! TERRIBLE DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Starr has worked on me twice, once for my bypass and again when I had a hernia. He took the time during surgery to look past the hernia he initially found and also found another hernia, a twisted bowel AND a perforated ulcer! This man without a doubt saved my life. His staff is amazing, Tracy and Mary Jean are so helpful. Professional with a wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

My husband DIED under this Doctor's surgery! I do NOT recommend him. North York General is also very unclean. The day my husband was admitted, there was a young man who was found on a highway passed out from an infection and told me Dr. Starr also did his surgery! I don't know if that young man died or lived, and I'm not happy!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016