Ratings for Dr. Graham Jeffs

After suffering chronic sciatic pain, I visited my GP who, diagnosed me with severe spinal degeneration and referred me to Dr Jeffs. From the very first consultation, Dr Jeffs treated my wife and I with care and respect. He seemed to sense my anxiety and spoke very plainly and assuringly. He explained the risks of the lumbar decompression surgery and pointed out the benefits. I decided to proceed with surgery at St John of God, Murdoch and the procedure was successfully carried out in mid April, 2017. It is now just over nine weeks since my surgery and I have no sciatic pain at all. There is still muscular weakness in my left leg, but I am cycling again and walking with confidence. I am completely satisfied with the outcome and can't speak highly enough of Dr Jeff's skill as a neurosurgeon and his compassion as a human being. He cares about his patients and has the admiration of the hospital staff. My treatment by Dr Jeff's staff was pleasant, courteous and professional and I would not have it any other way. Thank you Dr Jeffs and thankyou Kylie.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Having been left in the lurch by a number of specialists that have, frankly, left my wife in a state of utter despair and left me in awe of their incompetence it's was a pleasure to *finally* make the acquaintance of a clinician that is not only entirely competent, has a wealth of knowledge but is ethical. I have very little faith in the medical profession such as it is in Perth however this clinician has restored a little bit of confidence.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr Jeffs has operated on me for a spinal tumour that has never come back and took away the incredible pain and pins/needles I had for many months before surgery. He also treated a osteoarthritic nerve pinch in my neck that would not settle with injection treatment. I think he is the most down to earth doctor my wife and I have ever dealt with and is never egotistic or patronizing/overbearing. He has never charged us a cent for any appointments or surgery which our GP tells us is almost unique in WA. Apparently gap payments are routine here. It is important I think to feel that a doctor doesnt see you as a walking credit card. We owe him a lot but we would like to say thank you for just being a kind and compassionate Doctor. The only thing he gets wrong sometimes is he can run slightly late because he likes to chat, but we cant really complain about his service with regards to us. His secretary Kylie is under a lot of pressure sometimes as she covers two (More?)surgeons who are very busy. She is definitely a good person though who has to deal with a huge ammount of people, phone calls and stressed out people. She may sound abrupt sometimes but most of us would be when doing the work at the frontdesk while the phone is always going. We never had any issues with her, thats just our exxperience. Mr & Mrs P-----

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I hadL4/5 fusion with Dr Jeff's back in 2012. He was fantastic very professional with a,lovely bedside manner. He didn't rush to get me discharged he made sure I was feeling well before he sent me home. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs,Surgery. Only discrepancy is,Kylie his Secretary is quite abrupt and to be honest we don't need someone like that with an unprofessional approach. My GP has requested I see Dr Jeff's again and each time Kylie makes excuses and says he can't do anything for me as far as I am concerned its not up to her to make those decisions hope no one else experiences the same as a lot of GPs are quite disgusted at her rude,abrupt attitude,to patients. But as for Dr Jeff's he is by far the best

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Great bedside manner. Down to earth. Not egotistical like some other specialists

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

In 2013 I crushed my L1 verabrea in a gym accident and it needed fixating with rods. The healing process was a long one but Dr Jeffs surgical intervention worked wonders! Besides that he was a very down to earth man who reassured and related well to his patients. Much appreciated Dr Jeffs!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I recently had surgery with Dr Jeffs and I found him to be wonderful at his job and his bedside manner very reassuring. I had many visits to his rooms and during this time I saw his receptionist Kylie do her job very well in such a busy office and working on her own for 2 Neurosurgeons! She was kind and helpful and understanding and went out of her way to do what she could for me! So all you other raters on here should maybe look at the bigger picture before you put down such a hard worker. Don't listen to these people Kylie, from what I have seen on many occasions you are not what they say you are.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr Jeffs is a first class surgeon with excellent inter personnel skills. He is highly regarded and respected by all the nurses I spoke to. His secretary is sloppy and makes lots of mistakes. Most important of all was the surgery was 100% SUCCESSFUL.

Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr Jeffs was very helpful and understanding. I would recommend him to anyone. His receptionist is very rude, obstructive and a power freak. Won't admit it if she gets things wrong or forgets important details or appointments. Other than her the experience was good.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I have met with Dr Jeffs on 5 occasions and he has been great to deal with, very helpul and makes you feel important and does not try rush you out the door, only bad point is the receptionist you book appointments with on phone has no people skills, extremely rude and gets an attitude if you ask to many booking questions, not helpful, but besides her the best neuro surgeon I have delt with

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015