Ratings for Dr. Darren Whatley

Dr. Whatley is my new family doctor and could not be more pleased. He is confident, quickly grasped my rather complex medical issues and took the appropriate steps. I find him very knowledgable in medicine. He is polite and courteous. Yes, he does use his laptop but I find this to my advantage as he can quickly look up test results, my file and medications. He still maintains eye contact and it does not bother me a bit. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I found he rushes things a bit. Not my favorite doctor, but he replaced my family doctor who retired. Also, asked for urine tests which I find offensive. The tests were because I am on sedating drugs. it is to show I am taking them. I find it kind of far right thinking.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

I am so pleased with the care Dr. Whatley has provided over the last few months. I find him very personable, friendly and helpful. He is an exceptional listener! He has provided one of the best medical experiences I have had in a number of years. I am so glad he has joined the practice.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Whatley was very patient and caring. He made me and my family feel very supported. He is a great listener and very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

close minded idiot honestly think he should not be practising medicine

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Unfortunately Dr Whatley lacks patient care skills and interpersonal communication abilities. My advice to him - leave your PC screen, look at the patient, get a coach and learn how to relate to people. Not very astute in diagnosis, ( connecting the dots seems to be absent) google searches have proved more helpful. He would be better suited in research - away from direct patient care- lacks fundamental talent of a good GP.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Really quite indifferent to the patient, seems distracted, and has missed some very serious issues! Since the other physician left their has been huge staff turnover, chaos rules, and the governing body CPHC seems indifferent! There seems to be perhaps a lack of real dedication, he needs to use his skills and be concerned! With what he missed it could have had deadly consequences! Get off your seat examine, be engaged with the patient! Follow the Oath taken! Dismissed is the issue! Very serious issues here!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

He's a pal of mine and he knows everything that exists

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

AVOID THIS DOCTOR!!! Ever since Dr. Tunnicliffe retired and Dr. Whatley has taken over CPHC, the care and service provided have DETERIORATED! Dr. Whatley seems uninterested or fails to listen to my concerns. Subsequent ER visits have illustrated his incompetence with prescribing medications. The office staff has completely changed since Whatley took over and they are now incompetent, rude people. I paid $80 for Dr. Whatley to fill out 4 pieces of paper for insurance purposes. The first 2 they misplaced, the 2nd two didn't get faxed where they were supposed to go. Yet the office staff makes excuses for their incompetence! I am trying desperately to get a new doctor!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Whatley is the best family doctor I've ever had...he has taken the time to diagnose a previously overlooked condition, arrange consultations with a specialist, and then followed up after. He has also diagnosed and subsequently prescribed physiotherapy for an (again) overlooked knee condition, and for the first time in years my knee is fully functional and pain free. I can't say enough in his favour; I find he and his team to be prompt, courteous thorough, and professional.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014