Ratings for Dr. Paul Bannan

Call his secretary and tell her you want to know why he can't operate at the mount. She has to tell you why the hospital made the decision

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I will owe Dr Bannan and his receptionist Helen for the rest of my life. I was in a wheelchair, popping pills every 2 hours like they were Tic Tacs. He got me in for consult on a Friday, booked for surgery the next Monday. He will be performing my L4-L5 fusion next year, honestly can not wait! I love his no nonsense, straight to the point attitude. Helen is an Angel. So helpful, honest and caring. Do very greatful to them both.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

I know why but best to stay silent for the moment.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Why is he not operating at the Mount hospital now? Plans shouldnt just change without telling me why he cant do it. Does anyone know?

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Amazing. I had a L4/5 Microdiscectomy and after 4 months of terrible sciatic pain, woke up after surgery and it was gone! I did a lot of research on what surgeon to use as I was very worried about this option. I tried all non invasive methods (rest, Physio, chiropractic, nerve sleeve injections etc...) Paul was constantly rated as the best from everyone I asked, so I made the call after none of these other options worked for me. I spoke to his assistant Helen who was incredible. She advised because it was such a long time with my pain they could fit me in on a cancellation. I got in within a week and they operated the next day! I'm so grateful as I was truly at my breaking point. Paul is very highly rated and I can't recommend him enough with the skill. He advised my disc was in relatively good condition (I'm only 29) but it was badly herniated with a very hard piece, very tightly compressing my nerve. He said it took a little longer to clean it up properly and after seeing it surgery was the right call, but it should recover as long as I take it easy and follow the rehab. I haven't seen him for long both prior to and after surgery, but I guess he is a results oriented man as opposed to too much talk. I'm Extremely grateful they got me in so quickly and for this pain to finally be gone! It's been a day since my operation, my back is tender as expected from surgery, but the pain is about a 2 compared to a 9+ from the sciatica so very worth while. I've been up and walking the aisles every hour as Physio told me to and head home tomorrow. I just wish I had done it sooner, but as the nurse said, it's human nature and you can only do it when ready! Boy was I ready. Highly recommend and I'm glad I spent the time researching and got the result I was after, thank you Helen & Paul.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr Paul Bannan is an absolute Gods send. I hurt my back in 2011 (L4/L5 bulged disc). I tried all sorts of therapies, 2 nerve root injections but the disc slipped further and that was the end of me. The pain was undescribable and I could not walk anymore. Surgery was the only solution and after going through what I'd been going through I was more than ready, I was exhausted. Dr Bannan and his team have been absolutely fantastic from day 1. The surgery was successful and I'll never forget Dr Paul Bannans words after the surgery: 'It was easy and straightforward'. 1 day after the surgery I was walking again. Three weeks later I was back at work. This man saves lifes and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr Paul Bannan was brilliant. Exellent surgeon and down to earth. I had a serious rupture L4 L5, it put me in a wheel chair. His staff told me to get an MRI and tell them once it was done... from the day I injured myself, to the day of surgery was 7 days. I can't thank them all enough...

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Paul dealt with my problem at C5/C6 very quickly. He was extremely helpful. His staff, on the other hand, went over and above the call of duty. Particularly Helen. Shew was just awesome in getting my appointments organised and making things very easy.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

The absolute best. Can not speak highly enough. Such a caring gentle man. He put me at ease immediately. His staff are lovely and very professional.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I did not see Mr. Bannon before I went into surgery for my back,L4 and L5. Saw him three times during my 8 day stay in hospital. I had to pay $4500 gap which I still find extreme. I visited Mr Bannon 6 months later, 5 minutes white he looked at exrays and was told not to return. He might have been joking?

Submitted February 6, 2016