Ratings for Dr. Paul Bannan

Amazing. I had a L4/5 Microdiscectomy and after 4 months of terrible sciatic pain, woke up after surgery and it was gone! I did a lot of research on what surgeon to use as I was very worried about this option. I tried all non invasive methods (rest, Physio, chiropractic, nerve sleeve injections etc...) Paul was constantly rated as the best from everyone I asked, so I made the call after none of these other options worked for me. I spoke to his assistant Helen who was incredible. She advised because it was such a long time with my pain they could fit me in on a cancellation. I got in within a week and they operated the next day! I'm so grateful as I was truly at my breaking point. Paul is very highly rated and I can't recommend him enough with the skill. He advised my disc was in relatively good condition (I'm only 29) but it was badly herniated with a very hard piece, very tightly compressing my nerve. He said it took a little longer to clean it up properly and after seeing it surgery was the right call, but it should recover as long as I take it easy and follow the rehab. I haven't seen him for long both prior to and after surgery, but I guess he is a results oriented man as opposed to too much talk. I'm Extremely grateful they got me in so quickly and for this pain to finally be gone! It's been a day since my operation, my back is tender as expected from surgery, but the pain is about a 2 compared to a 9+ from the sciatica so very worth while. I've been up and walking the aisles every hour as Physio told me to and head home tomorrow. I just wish I had done it sooner, but as the nurse said, it's human nature and you can only do it when ready! Boy was I ready. Highly recommend and I'm glad I spent the time researching and got the result I was after, thank you Helen & Paul.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr Paul Bannan is an absolute Gods send. I hurt my back in 2011 (L4/L5 bulged disc). I tried all sorts of therapies, 2 nerve root injections but the disc slipped further and that was the end of me. The pain was undescribable and I could not walk anymore. Surgery was the only solution and after going through what I'd been going through I was more than ready, I was exhausted. Dr Bannan and his team have been absolutely fantastic from day 1. The surgery was successful and I'll never forget Dr Paul Bannans words after the surgery: 'It was easy and straightforward'. 1 day after the surgery I was walking again. Three weeks later I was back at work. This man saves lifes and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr Paul Bannan was brilliant. Exellent surgeon and down to earth. I had a serious rupture L4 L5, it put me in a wheel chair. His staff told me to get an MRI and tell them once it was done... from the day I injured myself, to the day of surgery was 7 days. I can't thank them all enough...

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Paul dealt with my problem at C5/C6 very quickly. He was extremely helpful. His staff, on the other hand, went over and above the call of duty. Particularly Helen. Shew was just awesome in getting my appointments organised and making things very easy.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

The absolute best. Can not speak highly enough. Such a caring gentle man. He put me at ease immediately. His staff are lovely and very professional.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I did not see Mr. Bannon before I went into surgery for my back,L4 and L5. Saw him three times during my 8 day stay in hospital. I had to pay $4500 gap which I still find extreme. I visited Mr Bannon 6 months later, 5 minutes white he looked at exrays and was told not to return. He might have been joking?

Submitted February 6, 2016

Four years ago my husband was admitted by Paul Bannan as an emergency to the Mount (never happened before apparently) Friday and was seen that afternoon. He was in so much pain he could do nothing - couldn't sit, stand or move. We had to get an ambulance to take him to hospital but couldn't get him up to the outpatient rooms in the lift as it's too small to take a stretcher. Paul Bannan cancelled his golf on Monday morning (it was a public holiday) and operated that day with Michael Kern for a ruptured lumbar disc. My husband walked out of hospital with no pain the following day. Amazing result. Helen, the secretary was so helpful and considerate. Unfortunately I have had to make another appointment today as we appear to have a recurrence of the same problem four years layer, but again Helen was extremely patient, caring and most professional. Cannot recommend this practice highly enough. Thank you to all at the Mount Hospital.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Went completely out of his way to fit me in when I was desperate need for a back op . Mr bannan and his team are very talented and I am very gratefull for the care received . I would reccomend Mr bannan to anyone

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Absolutely brilliant Surgeon. Doc Bannan doesn't mess around with telling you what YOU want to hear. HE TELLS YOU THE FACTS !! .He was the only neuro that i could find that would do the surgery - as i was paying for it myself 4 days from MRI to Surgery ,Overnight in hospital ,then a 25hr car trip back to Broome Haven't taken a pain killer since leaving hospital Paul is the BEST IN THE BUSINESS and his Receptionist [Helen] is an Angel The specialists that Paul uses to assist him are all A1 . THANKS to the whole Team for Fixing me , my little girls got their Dad back Best bloody thing i've done since my girls THANKS TEAM You are all LEGENDS

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I can only echo what all his former patients say about him! Fantastic person and Surgeon. Down to earth, open and honest. He operated on me and was one of the only doctors who was willing to fit me in almost immediately because of my serious ness of my condition, if not operated on immediately it would have resulted in a Stroke / paralysis. I am very grateful for him and his staff that were able to fit me into his very busy operating schedule to save me from permanent damage to my health. I was recommended to Dr Bannan by a receptionist of another Neuro surgeon who was unable to fit me into his busy schedule . it was the best recommendation I ever received as the receptionist was also a former patient of Dr Bannan. His staff at his rooms are very helpful and knowledgeable. I still have areas in my spine that are being monitored that may require surgery at a later date but on Dr Bannan's advice he is reluctant to operate unless it becomes absolutely necessary. I am a very grateful and fortunate person to have been operated on by Dr Bannan.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015