Ratings for Dr. Paul Bannan

Fabulous surgeon cured my back pain and gave me back my life. He operated on me 12 months ago would not hesitate to recommend him, his staff were also great a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I would greatly appreciate if the people talking about legal action could elaborate as i am another canditate to join class action

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I agree.. Dr Bannan is a brilliant surgeon, he operated on me 2 years ago. I couldn't lie down or walk I was in complete agony. Saw him at his offices and I was booked in 2 days later and up and walking 2 days later. I would definitely recommend him. Thank you Dr Bannan

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

What a brilliant surgeon Dr Bannan is. The best in his field. Would have no hesitation on recommending him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

there are a few of us taking action against Paul Bannan, and the hospitals have seen enough problems to take away his operating permission. How often does that happen? When you are saying "dont believe.." you are saying dont believe those of us injured by surgery, dont believe the hospital authorities, dont believe other specialist opinions... just because your case went alright 20 years ago. you know nothing about the problems and shockers that have occurred in the last few years, so consider that you may not know much about the situation. And I think your comprehension skills need work in regards to what is meant by "day for brain surgery " - ask anyone if there is "brain day surgery" and you'll see what I mean...

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Don't believe any of the unmitigated negative nonsense recently blogged about the brilliant, lifesaving genius that is Dr Paul Bannan. My story...1997 aged 40 single mum, in agony for nearly a year and my body shutting down from overdosing on pain killers, could no longer walk, crawled around, my kids often stayed home from school to help me. Several Dr.s kept telling me it wasn't that bad according to MRI reports even referring me to so called "back specialists" who preferred to send me to pain management facilities rather than surgery. One day a parent from my son's primary school came to see if they could help out, she mentioned a specialist she knew of at Murdoch Hosp ( Dr McWilliam , I think!!) I called his office that day and they got me in within a few days because of my situation. I got there on the back seat laying flat (no seatbelt) . A highly qualified orthopaedic surgeon his immediate response was to have Dr Bannan Neurosurgeon, who also had an office at Murdoch, see my MRI and CT scans etc . I saw Dr. Bannan later that day who took one quick look at the MRI and said "look there is the problem ....easily fixed !! " jokingly I said ..can you do it now... he said go home get someone to be with you kids because your will be at SCGH either tomorrow or the next day, you will get a call later tonight. In less than 48 hours I was up and walking the hosp. corridors pain free. I have been pain free for 20 years and since my surgery my mother, brother and daughter have all had successful surgery outcomes thanks to Dr Bannan's expertise. How greatfull should we all be that he has chosen to stay here in WA with his groundbreaking research, techniques, and training of other neurosurgeons here and around the world. When in recovery ward with 5 other patients I noticed they were wearing head bandages and during the day one by one they would all go home. As one lady walked past my bed she asked how I was doing . I said a bit sore but no pain. She queried why I was in that ward because today was Dr. Bannan's day for Brain Surgery.....day surgery Brain operations !!!! and they walked out like that had just had a pedicure or something .. really!! She assured me I was in good hands. Little did I know how true those words would be... in the past 20 years he has performed 9 nerve related spine surgeries on my immediate family all with successful outcomes. "Thankyou" somehow never seems adequate. PS> I have often wondered if a Radiologist can read an MRI and write a report as well as a Neurologist. Is it possible that for some Radiologists it is more "subject to interpretation " than scientific perhaps???? NB: I always feel incredible gratitude to Dr. McWilliam for consulting and referring me on to Dr. Bannan. I hope my little story finds its true purpose, and I wish successful pain free outcomes to whom it may reach.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Can anyone elaborate on this? It's going to cost me $500 for a consult with this Dr his receptionist didn't mention anything when I made the appointment don't have money to throw around on consults if he's not going to be able to help me!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

He made me wait 6 weeks for a surgery date. 6 weeks later instead he refers me to another surgeon to start from scratch because he's not doing operations at the moment! But he didn't mind taking my money for the inconvenience. So now I have to wait over double the time and more initial consult fees. So now I need surgery and I'm financially ruined

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

A class action is being put together by a well known firm in Sydney. It's going to be big and the damages (if successful of course) will be staggering. Four Corners are taking an interest as well.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

I would greatly appreciate if the reviewer could contact me via as i too am undergoing legal action. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018