Ratings for Dr. Abid Khattak

I attempted suicide and was under his care and I must say the way he and the staff treated me was so horrible that I no longer under any conditions try to seek help or treatment.I was 17 at the time and He restricted me from seeing my family and only allowed my father to come visit me for an hour once a day. I was stuck in a horribly small inclosed hospital unit. (leaving someone with nothing but their own mind after attempting suicide is probably the worst thing ever.) Being stuck in a unit with complete strangers for days having no one to talk to begging and crying to go home cause I was losing my mind he called me childish and never saw me again. Luckily a new psychiatrist was given to me and let me leave and told me that the place was not suppose to hold anyone over than a few days. I'm sure if I was left under his care he would of forced me to stay in that horribly small place for alot longer than anyone should . Also he would avoid talking to me and he did not seem to know the side effects of the drug he was giving me.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Khattak is a horrible, incompetent doctor who does not care about his patients. He is only in it for the money has shown me that he has no empathy for any of his patients. I was one of his patients and he showed me no real concern for my condition and was devoid of any concern. He repeatedly got my prescriptions wrong and it took him almost a year before he got my prescriptions right.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My close friend was admitted under his care as a serious risk to herself, she told him that she wasn't stable and would end her life upon discharging her and that it was too soon . He dismissed her and now she is gone. He has done this to countless other patients, some have also ended their lives and some haven't but are extremely re-traumatized by the treatment they received from this psychiatrist. He power trips over vulnerable people. I know many patients who refuse to see him now in hospital setting and I definitely refuse to. He shouldn't be head of psychtiary or even practicing in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Khattak has helped our family unbelievably. He is the most knowledgeable, caring, empathetic psychiatrist. We have been so fortunate to have met him. Thank you so much Dr. Khattak

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

The worst doctor ever. Doesn't try to understand anyone . Tells people they're faking their depression that they don't want to work hard.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

From my experience Dr. Khattak is a great psychiatrist. The negative comments I have seen are outrageous. He was very kind and most helpful and my condition subsided and went into remission

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I won't even reference this man as a Dr. He is horrible! Everything I had to say about myself, he would argue. He told me my depression wasn't that bad. He told me my addiction issue wasn't that bad and wouldn't refer me to treatment. He cut my anti depressants off cold turkey which should NEVER be done. He discharged me knowing I was suicidal. He has zero compassion. The worst of the worst, in my opinion. Ask for a real Dr. Avoid Khattak at all cost!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

He is an idiot - which would be funny except he is in a position of power!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Heartless doctor. A liar. Prescribes haphazardly. Doesn't listen to his patients. The worst Doctor I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Never go to see him, horrible doctors and has no empathy, he is just after money, Stay away from him

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015