Ratings for Dr. Janet Goodfellow

Part-time doc. Don't get sick - won't get appointment. You'll be pushed off to physician's assistants, who are "hacks" according to a few of my doc friends (cardiologist, ENT, dermatologist and GI specialist). Incredibly rude staff and aggressively mean office manager. Stay away!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

Over the years the overall experience has degraded. Always in a rush, the staff seems to be running the practice instead of the doctor and she lets them. I can no longer trust her with my health. She sends her staff to tell you, "no". Don't bother to ask for anything. That would require paperwork and documentation, which there is no time for.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I've been a patient of Janet Goodfellow for years and each encounter with any staff has been quite bad. It's clear the office staff wants to get you off the phone as soon as possible. They have given me contradictory information and have always been rude for some reason. Her head nurse Mim seems to be disgruntled and will try her best not to interact with you for more than a moment. Although she has a pleasant bedside manner, each time I've met with Dr. Goodfellow I feel as if she's rushed and has another patient to tend to before answering questions--note that this was only a minute or two after she had given me her diagnosis--one would figure that I had a few questions. Dr Goodfellow seems more interested in treating the symptoms rather than the issue. She never asks about my lifestyle, diet, exercise routine, etc--she will just write a prescription and send you on your way. I've always been polite and courteous to the staff but they seem much less inclined to return the favor.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I have been going there for over 5 years and in the past it did seem to take a long time waiting once there but that's normal at most dr offices...staff seem to be friendlier not necessarily great at greeting right when your signing in which I would be a nice touch :-). however all else considered dr goodfellow has always been available when needed and once there she makes sure you feel important and that she cares and listens and gives good advice. best advice to any patient is you have to be your own advocate and partner with your dr no matter who it is and if you feel they are not helping share your concern with them as I know dr Goodfellow would be more then happy to listen and want to help you! great location and great parking

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Only has a concern for following the rules not your health and well being.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Ive been with Janet for many years, while her office is usually busy, when needed she has always fit me in. Since she has added a PA appts have been much quicker. Only issue I have ever had was with her nurse Mim who has a negative demeaner

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

I've had Dr Goodfellow since 1995 and have never had a bad experience with her. She has always been very pro-active helping me achieve my own health goals. She takes time to explain my perscriptions and answer any questions I might have. I'm not trying to belittle the other patients that have rated her, but it's certainly not experience that I've had.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I had Dr. Goodfellow a while back. Her office was way too busy and I usually cannot get an appt. When seen, I feel rushed and not properly listened to. I had painful hips for a long time and she couldn't diagnose and pretty much gave up. Didn't bother to send me to a specialist. I finally got fed up with her and switched dr. My husband also had her and she misdiagnosed him alot of time. He had a small rash and she kept giving him multiple ointments that did nothing. He finally saw someone else that gave him one ointment that took the rash away. I believe this doctor is too young and office is too busy to spend the time to actually treat the patient.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

I had been having pelvic/ovarian pain for awhile and Dr. Goodfellow kept telling me that it was normal and my body was just changing. I was told to take motrin for any pains. On another visit, I mentioned the pain again and she prescribed me birth control because I might have ovarian cysts and I could get an ultrasound if I wanted to, but they probably would not be able to see anything. I finally went to another doctor who had me get a pelvic ultrasound and the whole time I had ovarian endometriomas that had grown to the size of tennis balls. Although they grew with each cycle, but I'm pretty sure she could have felt them during at least one on the many exams I had from her. I believe that Dr. Goodfellow is too busy to notice or care about the health of some of her patients. Instead of taking the time to actually find out why I was haivng pain, all she was interested in was rushing me out so that she could get to her next patient.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

Dr. Janet Goodfellow's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)