Ratings for Dr. Simone M. Scumpia

I feel my last visit was totally unnessessary and since I live far south a waste of my time and money. I am looking into going somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr Scumpia and her staff is the upmost WORST!!!! The bald headed male staff is VERY unprofessional, spat in my face yelling at me, the black nurse isn't any better, she was so unprofessional rudest staff I have ever come in contact with. Watch out cause Scumpia will charge you a co-pay for a specialist office visit and the service I received was a 5 minute visit with her PA, Alexis only to schedule an appointment to return another day. Then when I returned they ask for another co-pay. She uses office visit codes to fraud insurance companies, at least she did mines. She submitted a code for a 25 minute Specialist Office Visit and the entire office visit was less than 10 minutes just to schedule an appointment. And yes, I called to report it to my insurance company. Heck I could have scheduled the appointment over the phone for FREE and saved gas driving to her office. She don't commit time to explain anything to you, I had an ultra sound where it showed a nodule and I had to have a biopsy, you would think it's the doctors responsibility to explain the findings, the biopsy procedure, treatments, (if it turned out to be cancer), what size tumor was found, but no she was in such a hurry to get out the room. I don't know maybe she don't care for Black patients, at least that's the feeling I got. If you care about a doctor/patient relation, PLEASE AVOID THIS DOCTOR, and if you care about a friendly office environment, PLEASE AVOID HER STAFF, while some may be friendly, the ones I have come in contact with are surely not.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Scumpia is the ABSOLUTE WORST. She was rude, unprofessional and down right mean. She literally screams at her staff and has no business interacting with patients. I will NEVER go back and will communicate this horrible experience to everyone. DO NOT BOTHER GOING TO THIS DOCTOR. Horrible.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Scumpia is a scam of a Doctor. She is rude, waste your time, and just wants to do alot of tests to collect as much money from patients. She is always late for my appts. Go see another doctor that cares about your health and not just your wallet!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I know that there are a lot of bad reviews about this office, but I actually like Dr Scumpia. She is Eastern European and their culture is much more frank than our American culture. She will tell you like it is. I believe that most of the issues mentioned below are due to the changes that are being enforced through the Affordable Healthcare Act.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Do you want to be treated like a piece of ... trash and pay for it?, this is the place . Do you want to be in a clinic with no ethics and a great love for money? This is the place. You are just another victim to get money from, this "doctor" will give to you just a few minutes of her very valuable time, in a big hurry to run and $ee another $up plier. Never in my senior citizen life I have been treated so bad, the recepcionista is so rude, same as the lab staff, but Dr. scumpia is the less tolerant, polite and bad mannered person I ever met. The only thing she really cares is $$$$$, not your health. Never going back to this place and logically, no, I do not recommend this.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I was so fortunate to be referred to Dr Simone and her clinic. I research every Endo doctor in Texas and she is one of the most qualified.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

The best doctor a I have found in Austin, hands down. I came to Dr. Scumpia with a very rare type of tumor. After being told by other two other doctors that my concerns were all in my head, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Scumpia to address the problems with my high cortisol level. I went in knowing that I had Cushing's Disease, which I self-diagnosed. Dr. Scumpia took one look at my blood work and told me that I was right, I had Cushing's. She then referred me out to MD Anderson for treatment. I would not have been able to get into to MD Anderson without her referral. I owe her a great deal of gratitude.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I would not waist my time coming here. I had three different times the medical staff was rude. There ultra sound tech does not know what he is looking at. I was lucky to have another ultra sound lined up and my ins covered it. I got told all was fine with my thyroid. Come to find out I have two nodules not just one. Move on don't waist your time here. The dietitian is extremely nice and loved seeing her. The PA has no patient care. I did like Dr Simone she was nice and only saw her twice. Got told by staff that coming in at 3pm for an appointment thinking i was going to see Dr Simone was rude of me. She comes in early and I should have a better appointment time to come in. Off to find a new place.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Have only seen Scumpia twice. Thankfully I see her NPs instead or I would not continue to go. Scumpia has no bedside manners and does not give patient right or time to speak or discuss anything. Her NPs are wonderful though!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Simone M. Scumpia's Credentials

• Inst De Med Si Farm, Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania (Grad. 1998)

Emblem Health