Dr. Simone M. Scumpia

Ratings for Dr. Simone M. Scumpia

After waiting 3 hours! in the office for my appointment, Dr. Scumpia came in the room and was beyond what would be considered rude. She misdiagnosed me after spending about 2K on tests, thank goodness I had insurance that paid for most of it. I was diagnosed later with confirmed test results by a different doctor with what any Endocrinologist should have discovered. I was very disappointed with my experience.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

The bad reviews are TRUE! I thought I could handle blunt, but she is incompetent and when I brought up some questions to which she said she did not know the answer, she basically cut me off immediatley. She was all over the place with you need cytomel, no, just synthroid, no nothing at all. What the ??? She is OLD OLD school and needs to update her education and seek therapy for her personality disorder. Seriously NO ONE treats people the way she does. She is like Judge Judy on acid. Rude is the nicest way to describe her.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I saw Dr. Scumpia over ten years ago for extreme fatigue, weight gain despite dieting, headaches, inability to concentrate and general malaise and was told after a two minute visit that I was tired because I was fat (I wasn't fat at that time, I had gained from a size 6 to a size 10 and had been very active prior to the fatigue) and prescribed me metformin to "lose weight". She didn't listen to anything I said, didn't order any thyroid tests aside from my tsh (which actually was high, though apparently not high enough to be concerning to her), and she left me crying with no concern whatsoever. Another much more thorough and caring endocrinologist diagnosed Hashimoto's years later when I finally got up the courage and energy to try to find help again. I also happened to befriend someone who had worked with her years before that and they informed me that she's just as miserable to her employees as she is to her patients.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I feel my last visit was totally unnessessary and since I live far south a waste of my time and money. I am looking into going somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr Scumpia and her staff is the upmost WORST!!!! The bald headed male staff is VERY unprofessional, spat in my face yelling at me, the black nurse isn't any better, she was so unprofessional rudest staff I have ever come in contact with. Watch out cause Scumpia will charge you a co-pay for a specialist office visit and the service I received was a 5 minute visit with her PA, Alexis only to schedule an appointment to return another day. Then when I returned they ask for another co-pay. She uses office visit codes to fraud insurance companies, at least she did mines. She submitted a code for a 25 minute Specialist Office Visit and the entire office visit was less than 10 minutes just to schedule an appointment. And yes, I called to report it to my insurance company. Heck I could have scheduled the appointment over the phone for FREE and saved gas driving to her office. She don't commit time to explain anything to you, I had an ultra sound where it showed a nodule and I had to have a biopsy, you would think it's the doctors responsibility to explain the findings, the biopsy procedure, treatments, (if it turned out to be cancer), what size tumor was found, but no she was in such a hurry to get out the room. I don't know maybe she don't care for Black patients, at least that's the feeling I got. If you care about a doctor/patient relation, PLEASE AVOID THIS DOCTOR, and if you care about a friendly office environment, PLEASE AVOID HER STAFF, while some may be friendly, the ones I have come in contact with are surely not.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Scumpia is the ABSOLUTE WORST. She was rude, unprofessional and down right mean. She literally screams at her staff and has no business interacting with patients. I will NEVER go back and will communicate this horrible experience to everyone. DO NOT BOTHER GOING TO THIS DOCTOR. Horrible.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Scumpia is a scam of a Doctor. She is rude, waste your time, and just wants to do alot of tests to collect as much money from patients. She is always late for my appts. Go see another doctor that cares about your health and not just your wallet!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I know that there are a lot of bad reviews about this office, but I actually like Dr Scumpia. She is Eastern European and their culture is much more frank than our American culture. She will tell you like it is. I believe that most of the issues mentioned below are due to the changes that are being enforced through the Affordable Healthcare Act.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Do you want to be treated like a piece of ... trash and pay for it?, this is the place . Do you want to be in a clinic with no ethics and a great love for money? This is the place. You are just another victim to get money from, this "doctor" will give to you just a few minutes of her very valuable time, in a big hurry to run and $ee another $up plier. Never in my senior citizen life I have been treated so bad, the recepcionista is so rude, same as the lab staff, but Dr. scumpia is the less tolerant, polite and bad mannered person I ever met. The only thing she really cares is $$$$$, not your health. Never going back to this place and logically, no, I do not recommend this.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I was so fortunate to be referred to Dr Simone and her clinic. I research every Endo doctor in Texas and she is one of the most qualified.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Simone M. Scumpia's Credentials

• Inst De Med Si Farm, Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania (Grad. 1998)

Oxford