Ratings for Dr. Sowmya S. Kurtakoti

Dr Kurtakoti spent less than five minutes talking to me before declaring, "You've been to all of these doctors, there is nothing wrong with you. You are just depressed and all of your symptoms are psychosomatic." I told her several times that I am not depressed and that the symptoms I have been experiencing are very real but she continued to repeat that I was just depressed. She did no physical examination, her demeanor was cold, abrupt and condescending and she didn't do anything to help me. After my experience with her I was lucky enough to find another PCP whom is wonderful. He has diagnosed me with Claudication and sent me for PVR ABI to determine if I have Peripheral Artery Disease as well as referred me to a Neurologist. An EMG revealed that I have severe LE Neuropathy and I am now being tested for several different Neurological and Rhumatological conditions. I guess it wasn't all in my head after all!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015