Ratings for Dr. Rapala Tlhape

very pleased with any appointments and follow up, also very thorough with asking about history on my medical

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I don't know what it is with sone of the doctors here, but this one is another one who consistently seems to hate dealing with patients. He's super arrogant every time I see him at the walk in, although he's much better with kids I've noticed. But otherwise he will just say, 'what do you want me to do about it? There is nothing wrong' ...last time ge did this I still felt so sick and went to Three Hills, where they discovered pneumonia and immediately fixed me up and reassured me that I should have been treated the first time. This is a good way to make sure your patients avoid going to the doctor and develop mistrust for the medical profession. He's so quick to blow people off and make it very clear that you are a waste of his time and resources- even if you see him for a booked appointment ,as opposed to using the emergency room for something minor etc) Perhaps he should consider working with kids only, as they seem to be the only people he's remotely considerate to or willing to help.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

It had seemed as he did not want to come and see how we were doing or to explain what was going on. I was only able to talk to him on the phone and he had never came bed side at all. We had never received a diagnosis until transfered to Red Deer. I will never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Check the latest http://www.mailoutinteractive.com/Industry/LandingPage.aspx?id=2121364&lm=39409619&q=1033495248&qz=46a59e10e025c6edcbdd8067ac0d2c8f

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I too found Dr. T to be rather terse. Dr. Racz (amazing) is my regular Doctor, however, because she was unable to see me, I saw Dr. T. I broke out in an unexplainable rash that lead to scarring all over my body. Dr. would'nt look at my body, rather had to show him pictures from my phone. After he was unable to diagnose (although I requested blood tests) he referred me to dermatologist, who again was unable to diagnose and I was given failed treatment. Again I requested blood work or skin biopsy and was ignored. AFTER 10 MONTHS of this, I saw Dr MPISI !! She ordered blood work and low and behold, it was determined I was extremely anemic (which took toll on my body and mental health), not to mention my body covered in scars (so no shorts or sleeveless shirts for me). Dr. MPISI ordered Iron Transfusions and has me on a healing path !!! So helpful when a doctor actually listens to their patient and assists you on a healing path. I blame Dr. T for my length of suffering as he failed to listen to his patient. Just think, this could have been diagnosed before it worsened, all I asked for was blood work Dr. T (on 3 occasions). If you need a Doctor in Drumheller, as Dr. Racz is not taking new patients, try Dr. MPISI !!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Saw this doctor in the walk in and he told me that he didn't know why I was there and what he was supposed to do. I was very confused as to why he'd be so terse with me. I had called Health Link before coming and they had advised me to go to a walk in within 12 hours to address my concern. I find him this and he looked at me as though I was a complete moron and said I should just make an appointment with my regular doctor. I explained I was concerned about waiting any longer as it's be a few weeks until I could get in. He said he felt I didn't need immediate assistance. I left, still felt terrible so went to Red Deer. I went to the walk in there and the doctor on call expressed concern that I was not issued a test when I clearly had an infection that had advanced. I was too sick to drive back home and had to spend the night in a hotel, all because I had been made to feel stupid in Drumheller.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Tlhape is very helpful when assisting my children when they are unwell, he is kind, funny and tries hard to make them feel better. However, when dealing with me the few times I've had to see him at the walk-in he is condescending, patronizing and cold. There was one instance where he simply told me he didn't know what to do and left me in the room and walked away without even saying a goodbye. It was humiliating, not because he wasn't sure how to treat the issue, but because he felt I didn't deserve to be treated with respect. He was also the doctor I saw at the emergency room after a miscarriage who said to me 'What do you expect me to do about this?' Again, very cold. I have no doubt he is smart and a good doctor, but he cannot be bothered with basic human empathy.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. T. became my doctor after my family doctor retired(two years ago). I found him to be a kind, good humour, very knowledgable and concerned gentleman. He always phoned me about my INR count and suggested what dosage was good for me. I have faith and trust in him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Went to him because of pain in my leg, ended up being a blockage in the artery, BUT he sent me for tests including a CAT scan, found an admonimal aneurysm. He referred me to a specialist immediately. Next problem was lack of energy, prescribed Spira, it worked wonders within a day. Very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013