Ratings for Dr. Prakesh Burra

I have known Dr. Burra for years. He helped me so much in talking to him and putting me on the appropriate medication that I needed. I went to him for over 20 years. I stopped seeing him as I moved out West. I wish him all the very best in his retirement

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

This man is dangerous as a psychiatrist. He said quite a few outlandish things which were unacceptable. Only wants to write prescriptions, even though I kept telling him I cannot take medications. I reacted badly to what he prescribed and he was totally unconcerned and unsupportive.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Very knowledgeable and helpful with respect to medications. Unfortunately he was not much of one for psychotherapy which was really what I needed. Still, very caring and dedicated to his patients. I wish him all the best in his retirement!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I found Dr. Burra to be quite professional and knowledgeable in his field. He did a good job of assessing me as a patient in an unbiased way using both verbal and non-verbal information. He was clear and rational. His input and evaluations were helpful to me and resulted in slightly improved conditions.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Dr Burra is an excellent psychiatrist. I find him more geared to the use of medications and he is acutely aware of how drugs interact with one another. He really does care of his patients, however, he is not much of a talking 'shrink'. That I have to reserve for my psychologist. He has managed my meds very well and I would recommend this compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

I have found Dr. Burra to be extremely helpful with regards to sorting out the medications I am taking. He genuinely cares about his patients and takes the time to really understand what is going on. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011