Ratings for Sharon De Jesus

I started seeing this NP when I was 14, back in 2007, when she was working for CCNY. She diagnosed me with ODD and prescribed me Abilify, starting at 1mg once a day. Slowly the dosage level got higher and my "diagnosis" became Bipolar I Disorder and instead of Abilify, I started taking lithium 600mg every night. I started wetting the bed and she prescribed another pill for that and it didn't work, so I got taken off lithium and put on Depakote 1000mg/twice a day with 3mg Risperdol/twice a day. Time came when my mother didn't want to travel to her office for a session but I'd still need a medication refill - so my mother would call her and have her send the refill prescriptions straight to the pharmacy, without seeing me (the patient) in session. Even when I did used to go to sessions, me & my mothers relationship was very toxic and my mother would purposefully lie about and falsely accuse me of things to ultimately, illicit a reaction. She was very controlling of my mental health and refused to let me handle my treatment. The NP NEVER called my mother out on this. The most this NP would speak on would be how the medication is doing and if it should be upped. My mother would say yes and that would be the end of the discussion. I was 21 at the time. When I was 21 (2015), I left her clinic because she no longer accepted my medical insurance. I got reevaluated shortly after moving away from my toxic mother in 2015 (the first re-evaluation I've had since 2007) and behold - I'm actually NOT bipolar. It's actually frowned upon to give such a harsh diagnosis during pubescent years (new social situations, hormones, environment change). So there was ultimately was NO REASON for me to go through gaining 130 pounds from medication ALONE along with having slow mental & physical reactions. The sheer fact I don't sue for malpractice is me having mercy but honestly, its the statue of limitation saving her. I do not recommend her. You're better off going to an actual hospital. I wouldn't wish what I went through with the NP on anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

My son is now in the hospital being detoxed from a medication that this NP prescribed to him. She was careless and did not check out my sons condition. He was prescribed VYVANSE which is for ADHD and my son DOES NOT have HDHD, never has.The medication put him in a psychotic state and he is now suffering the withdrawal symptoms. My other son called her office to speak to her about this and left a message 4 days ago and we have yet to hear back from her. This is highly unprofessional and dangerous. I pray that my son recovers and that she reads this review so that this never happens to anyone else. Yes, my son is an adult and took the meds at his own will but he almost died because he trusted that the meds were safe and it was totally not safe for him. We have a long road ahead of us and I pray he can recover completely. Be very very careful, this is not a game and these meds are not candy, they are dangerous and this doctor owes us our son's life back. Please BEWARE.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Since it was my first visit, the initial consultation fee is higher than the follow-ups. I currently don't have insurance but the fee was very worth it. Ms. De Jesus was fantastic - very understanding, thoughtful and really listened. The medication I was on for the past year was not helping and she added another medication and adjusted the dosage of the others. She truly listened to how I was feeling, my mood, my concerns, etc. since the addition of the other medication the difference has been like night and day. I'm so grateful for her professionalism and for doing what many doctors sometimes don't do, which is listen and if something isn't working - address it. My mood, energy, focus and concentration has improved drastically due to her help. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

modern, private office, in Astoria, Queens. very close to the N/Q train.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011