Dr. Andre Bisson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andre Bisson

My wife and I have been with Bisson Dentistry for just over 2 years now, and since our very first visit have referred to it as "dental heaven". The inviting atmosphere in a restored brick building is nice, but the kind, friendly and attentive staff are what really makes the experience. They know your name, they serve you personally and they deliver excellent care.

Submitted March 23, 2017

I had to change dentists after 25 years and have been very happy I chose Dr Bisson. Professional, Friendly, knowledgeable staff and super comfortable atmosphere make this a top notch office! Not to mention the latest and best technology in the dentistry field.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2019

My story is a tale of two dentists. The first dentist (Not Dr. Bisson ) told me I needed a root canal, four crowns and one filling. After going to a endodontist for a root canal consult, I learned the first dentist didn't get the right tooth that needed a root canal. Red flag. I went to Dr Bisson one week later. Dr Bisson and his staff have an impressive suite of services and dental equipment to make your visit as pleasant as possible. The x-rays had a much higher resolution than the first dentist. (First dentist printed out my x-rays so I could take home). Dr Bisson discussed in detail each tooth that required work and he explained the best solution for my needs. Bottom line....I only need one crown and three fillings. Dr Bisson clearly has great talent as a dentist but more importantly he also has integrity. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

One of my fillings fell out that someone at his office did and then tried to charge me to put in a temp filling. I didn’t want a temp filling I wanted it replaced. Then told me to come back to pay 700 to have something else fixed I only asked for a consult on. Terrible doctor

Submitted February 25, 2019

Dr. Andre Bisson

Dr. Andre Bisson's response
Hi CB, We thank you for your feedback, but hoped after our conversation that you would remove this review. Unfortunately, since it’s still up we will respond to it the same way we responded to you in order for readers to understand the full story. It is true that you had some back fillings and one front filling done with Dr. Chiu in July/Aug 2018. On January 22nd, you came into the office for an emergency exam complaining that your front filling that Dr. Chiu did fell out and you wanted Dr. Bisson to assess all your other fillings that were previously done because you did not trust that they were done properly. Dr. Bisson then did a limited exam to assess your fillings and informed you that the work that was done by Dr. Chiu was clinically sound. The important point to note is the filling that fell out was done by your previous dentist in 2016 and not by Dr. Chiu. We have radiographs and photos that show this. At this same limited exam where Dr. Bisson assessed all your previous dental work, you also stated that you did not like the appearance of your front teeth. You stated they were chipped, worn and translucent at the edges. Dr. Bisson looked at these teeth, assessed your bite and gave you treatment options. White filling bonding on your 4 front teeth or porcelain veneers. Since it was a front tooth that was involved and since your appointment time was taken up primarily by discussing your previous dental work as well as options to fix your front teeth, our assistant placed a temporary filling to cover the area until we could find a suitable appointment time when your tooth could be fixed. The assistant who was looking after you also went over your treatment options when Dr. Bisson left the room. At this time, you decided on the option of 4 white fillings on your front teeth and an estimate was given to you by our administration team for $730….and then you booked the appointment to have your four front teeth fixed. We did not pressure you to book the appointment nor did we book the appointment for your treatment without your consent. That was a decision that you made. When you were standing at the front desk booking this appointment, you were upset at having to pay a fee for your visit. You were not charged for placing a temporary filling. The Ontario Dental Association Fee Guide states a temporary filling is $130 and given the amount of time it takes to place and how long they will be in for, Dr. Bisson does not charge for this service. You were billed $65 for the limited exam given that Dr. Bisson spent extra time with you discussing your treatment options for your front teeth as well as examining your mouth. That fee was later waived as a gesture of goodwill. The day before your appointment to fix your 4 front teeth you sent an email to our admin team stating you only wanted to fix the tooth where the filling came out due to finances and wanted to know how much it would cost to fix our “shotty work”. Within minutes from that email, you left this review. It is extremely unfortunate and confusing that you have a very different perception on your care at Bisson Dentistry, but it is equally disheartening knowing that you left this review even after the above was explained to you.

Submitted March 7, 2019

I cannot believe how nice the staff always are. They make going for an appointment a pleasure.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I took my son, who has had upsetting dental visits recently, to Dr. Bisson's office and it was all we could have hoped for for our son. All the staff we met ( and we were introduced widely) were friendly ( not saccharin) and professional. My son, who is 6, received information readily and at his level and was delighted with the experience. I really admire the staff and dentist and can actually look forward to taking my son back to the dentist.

Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr. Bisson and his staff are of the utmost professional and courteous. All his equipment is state-of-the-art and his office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Guelph.

Submitted August 22, 2017

We just recently left our dentist, best decision ever! This place is great, friendly, kind and helpful. My children hated and were anxiety at the dentist, it was a nightmare taking them. they both had a cleaning and fillings, no stress ! the atmosphere is so relaxing and the staff and Dr. Bisson are so calming and take the time to make sure they were comfortable. They told the boys what they were doing at each step and this was exactly what my boys needed!

Submitted August 21, 2017

Best dental experience I have ever had. AMAZING doctor and staff

Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Bisson and his staff know that most people loathe going to the dentist. From the beautiful facilities, to the careful consideration each patient receives, to the friendly office staff, and the extras -- massage chairs and Netflix -- the practice is designed to make regular dental visits painless and pleasant. I've never had a better experience with a dentist. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Andre Bisson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Driving up Woolwich St., one can’t help but notice the beautiful brick homes that were built by Guelph’s famous architect John Hall. One of those historic buildings is home to Bisson Dentistry which perfectly blended 140 year old history with technology that has been responsible for the advancement of dental treatment. It’s founder, Dr. Andre Bisson, started with a vision. Create an atmosphere where people loved to come into work. This lead to building a team who provide exceptional dentistry with an exceptional patient experience. After studying Mathematics at Western University, the Timmins, Ontario native completed his Doctor of Dental Medicine at McGill University. Soon after, Dr. Bisson was accepted into the Advanced Education in General Dentistry program at The University of Connecticut. Ever since, Dr. Bisson has dedicated many hours of postgraduate education to learn how to care for patients at the highest ethical and professional level. A primary principle of Bisson Dentistry is to do what is necessary to achieve long-term maintainable health and comfort as well as the creation and maintenance of a beautiful, natural smile. Dr. Bisson was trained to use the WIDIOM rule, which means, ”would I do it on me?” This concept requires careful examination and treatment planning designed to help patients understand every problem so priorities of treatment can be put into proper perspective. Over-treatment is never acceptable and hurried, incomplete examinations or ineffective treatment planning too often results in dissatisfaction. With proper treatment planning, patients can know in advance everything needed to make a good decision about their dental treatment and to make choices when options for treatment can be safely made. In addition to Orthodontics and Cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Bisson is trained in the analysis of bite problems and related disorders of the TMJ’s (jaw joints ). The goal is always a completely comfortable bite and a peaceful neuromuscular system. Despite Andre’s numerous academic and professional achievements, he remains a highly grounded individual that immediately eases any anxiety you may have about “the dentist”. Married and a father of three, Dr. Bisson is very quick to gain the trust of adults and children who have had a previous dental experience which may have left them hesitant about seeking the dental treatment they need and deserve.  “I am always striving to provide my patients with the best dental appointment they have ever had” Dr. Andre Bisson

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2004)
  • University of Connecticut Health Center (Grad. 2005)

• The Concept of Complete Dentistry Award