Ratings for Dr. Stephaine Bourke

Very unprofessional and lacking in experience.Should go straight back to Med school and maybe specialise in something different.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

She has helped friend more than anyone would believe. Doesn't give out medication like sweets. Is true expert.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Referred to this individual and was not positively impressed by her lack of empathy, sharpness of manner. Unable to recommend her.Waste of €300.00 and a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

NOT PROFESSIONAL - I saw her because I suffer from anxiety and I am planning a pregnancy with IUI using a sperm donor. She refused any type of medication (despite the fact that I am not getting any sleep). This is not the worst: she lacks of professionalism. She was questioning me in the style of a police officer "when you commit a crime". She asked me if I was renting or I had my own flat (is that any of her business?), how much I paid for the sperm donor?? She asked me why I decided to live in Ireland (I am from Italy) (any of her business??) , if I had a degree and why I did not have one (any of her business??). She asked me "when did you worke for the first time? "and when I told her that I had my first real job in Ireland . She asked me how old I was when I had a real job and when I told her:" 30" she replied: "and were you aged 30 when you started working?". I had to explain myself and I had to tell her that unfortunately in the South of Italy it was not that easy to find a job and all the rest... However... again... is this any of her business?? I spent an hour trying to justify myself and my choices.... and in the end she did not do her job... charge: 300 euros.... stay away from that doctor.....

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I too would not be able to recommend Dr Bourke. She has absolutely no empathy and is quite condescending. I unfortunately didn't see this review before I brought my very upset anxious daughter to see her. We came away from her plush expensive office in a much worse state. My daughter suffers from terrible anxiety and although on anti deprescents I don't see any change in her. I had hoped for a proper assessment but she came away in such a state after meeting with this doctor I don't know what I can do with her now. I found her to be most unhelpful. I only went to her as she was the only one I could get an appointment with, now I know why. Just don't take a chance with her as you will only feel worse about yourself afterwards.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Knowing that everyone is different and finding the right doctor for you is imperative- I found her to be very well suited to my personality and couldn't fault the first meeting. Her knowledge of the area is immense and the professionalism is top as would expect in the BC.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I would absolutely not recommend Dr Bourke to anybody. I had the grave misfortune to be referred to this "Doctor". I found her to be callous, cruel and totally uncaring. She had no empathy whatsoever and in fact set me back in my recovery. I had nightmares and found it hard to sleep after one consultation with her. I was extremely upset and had to attend my GP directly after my appointment with her such was the negative effect she had on me. She is arrogant and as another reviewer stated has a most condescending attitude. I feel she should not have access to patients in a vulnerable condition as she really does not care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Bourke. I found her to be very pompous and unhelpful, full of her own self importance with a condescending attitude. My consultation with her left me very unsettled and upset. I found her approach negative from all angles, lacked empathy and tact with how to deal with my situation. I found some of her statements of information to be unnecessary and were not requested. I was of the understanding that the session would be of benefit to me, an aid in helping me deal with my illness emotionally. Instead it had the complete opposite effect, all in all an awful experience. She should not be dealing with cancer patients.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

I would not recommend Dr Bourke to anybody. I went from public system to private with Dr Bourke. I went back to the public system which I now realize is the best place for people with mental illness. On your first appointment she gives you her business card and says she is always available via phone or email which is complete bull s#it. My advice is to stick with your GP and the community mental health services

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Very poor bedside manner and I would not recommend her at all. She was more interested in getting paid and didn't bother to check any of my symptoms or my history. I got a second opinion which varied quite differently to what she was saying. Beware.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014