Ratings for Dr. Stephaine Bourke

Dr Bourke's receptionist seemed really cold and rude when I asked if there were any appointments available in the next two weeks. She gave me the impression that Dr Bourke has a full caseload and was not really able to take on new patients. Dr Bourke did not listen to what I was struggling with and failed to address some pressing symptoms like my insomnia. She "interrogated" me for almost an hour on my second visit. She was cold and unfeeling when I told her what I was struggling with. She said: Do what you're here to do and just get on with it. I left feeling worse than when I came in, I resorted to telepsychiatry with my physician from home at 2 am in the morning because I was feeling increasingly manic after being unable to sleep for over 6 weeks. If you have any pressing symptoms that may cause you to end up being extremely unwell, avoid her.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I found Dr Bourke to be most helpful and personable. She was willing to listen and help me after looking for many years for help relating to adult ADHD. I found her questioning of me to be probing in a very good way, leaving me with a lot to think about. She gave me good advice on seeking therapy and I found her approach realistic and frank. I am writing this as someone who is quite wary of some in the psychiatric profession and someone who feels that it is very difficult to get help or feel listened to in Ireland. I would urge others, particularly those with adult ADHD, to try Dr Bourke. My experience with Dr Bourke and was very positive did not match up with many of the comments here.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Horrible person. Totally unhelpful and condescending. Offered no help or support, just an interrogation that left me feeling more helpless and disillusioned.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Should retire ,not stable ,should join the Abbey Theatre school of acting

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Very unprofessional and lacking in experience.Should go straight back to Med school and maybe specialise in something different.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

She has helped friend more than anyone would believe. Doesn't give out medication like sweets. Is true expert.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Referred to this individual and was not positively impressed by her lack of empathy, sharpness of manner. Unable to recommend her.Waste of €300.00 and a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

NOT PROFESSIONAL - I saw her because I suffer from anxiety and I am planning a pregnancy with IUI using a sperm donor. She refused any type of medication (despite the fact that I am not getting any sleep). This is not the worst: she lacks of professionalism. She was questioning me in the style of a police officer "when you commit a crime". She asked me if I was renting or I had my own flat (is that any of her business?), how much I paid for the sperm donor?? She asked me why I decided to live in Ireland (I am from Italy) (any of her business??) , if I had a degree and why I did not have one (any of her business??). She asked me "when did you worke for the first time? "and when I told her that I had my first real job in Ireland . She asked me how old I was when I had a real job and when I told her:" 30" she replied: "and were you aged 30 when you started working?". I had to explain myself and I had to tell her that unfortunately in the South of Italy it was not that easy to find a job and all the rest... However... again... is this any of her business?? I spent an hour trying to justify myself and my choices.... and in the end she did not do her job... charge: 300 euros.... stay away from that doctor.....

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I too would not be able to recommend Dr Bourke. She has absolutely no empathy and is quite condescending. I unfortunately didn't see this review before I brought my very upset anxious daughter to see her. We came away from her plush expensive office in a much worse state. My daughter suffers from terrible anxiety and although on anti deprescents I don't see any change in her. I had hoped for a proper assessment but she came away in such a state after meeting with this doctor I don't know what I can do with her now. I found her to be most unhelpful. I only went to her as she was the only one I could get an appointment with, now I know why. Just don't take a chance with her as you will only feel worse about yourself afterwards.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Knowing that everyone is different and finding the right doctor for you is imperative- I found her to be very well suited to my personality and couldn't fault the first meeting. Her knowledge of the area is immense and the professionalism is top as would expect in the BC.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015